invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:46 PM

"In other words your dr is an idiot."

Say it like it is Hat :)

I don't know too much about ADHD, but I would strongly advise you get a second (or possibly third) opinion on your diagnosis. There are fine lines between mental health issues, and incorrectly diagnosed will lead to wrong medication... wrong medication can make the undiagnosed condition even worse. Have a look at an article which kicked a few responses off; 

https://www.dailymai...epressants.html

BUT... do not go Googling thinking that your AD's will be making your ADHD worse. People panic and write anything to get noticed. The fact is we do not know enough, but you DO need to be correctly diagnosed.

#62 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:26 PM

I second what IUN said.

#63 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:29 PM

Sheesh well what the heck do I do now

#64 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:33 PM

So it's possible I could get back on my adderall and taper off my ad and be ok

#65 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:43 PM

Possible - but do not quote any of us on that score!! 

Diagnosis first. Then address meds. Don't self-diagnose/self-medicate. Even if you head was in the right place to do so, this is the last option.

Admittedly I self-medicated over the last 3 months, but this was only because the mental health service took no notice and my Doctor knows the square root of jack sh*t about anti-depressants.  

#66 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:44 PM

I've also noticed sweaty palms more often and I sweat bad at night anyone have this

#67 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:46 PM

Yes - I had a spell of waking up of being absolutely drenched in sweat. Lasted a couple of weeks. Wasn't hot, just sweat. Not pleasant.

#68 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:56 PM

What about this sweaty palm stuff tho

#69 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:35 PM

Sweating can occur in any area of the body - all areas of skin has the potential to sweat!!

I had hives during withdrawal!! Go figure....

#70 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 07:25 PM

Alright so I need some help I was doing pretty good today but I've had that feeling if dread still is this normal to have this still and these thoughts of dread anxiety kind of gone up from it does it go away how did you all get passed it need some help because I was feeling kind of good trying to hold onto this even my wife saw a difference

#71 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:27 PM

Glad to hear this!! A glimmer of light is where it all starts. They will be come more frequent. In time.

To quote 'hats three favourite words... "time and patience". :)

Do not to try and hold onto the good. Trying is not part of it. You need to learn to accept. Then, and only then, will you start to notice the key to your recovery.

You will get better without trying. You are healing. Healing will take as long as it takes. This is what you need to accept. It will then become less and less of an issue and you will begin to climb out of it.

#72 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:35 PM

I dont know what else to say but I love each and every one of you this is a struggle and these last few days it feels so good to be able to have a place I can go thank you all I will keep posting thank you and I will work on accepting

#73 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 23 October 2018 - 07:31 AM

Hi Axle,

Accepting needs work, but letting it be doesn't.

We all have been there, in different ways, and five years ago when I came along, so many people were there for me. I vowed that I'd do the same to others, even with my limited knowledge.

You don't absolutely need knowledge, like our sweet Fishinghat, but we can compensate with our love and compassion. Come by anytime, we will always be here for you AxleJames!

#74 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 07:49 AM

Feeling anxious today concerned about meds and just other things in general I work a stressful job have any of you had to work a stressful job while going through this how did you deal with it

#75 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 01:17 PM

My hands are still sweaty driving me crazy this is new

#76 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:20 PM

H Axle

Yes, I have a very stressful job as a Sales/Customer Care Manager. I work full time & also have a 7 year old, so have to juggle work & family life. I have stabilized for now & am not planning on dropping my dose now until after Xmas. But it is very hard to work when feeling the way that you are at the moment.

Just try to remember 'This will soon pass & things will settle'.

#77 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:26 PM

Thank you so its possible I'm not making things worse by trying to push through this

#78 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:43 PM

How long have you felt this way? Each time I have had withdrawal symptoms, it has taken me 2-3 weeks to stabilise.

#79 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:51 PM

Since the beginning of august but getting g progressively better but I was on 60mg of cymbalta for 4 days that I came off of last week

#80 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

Could that 4 days be the reason for sweaty palms slight anxiety and diareaha

#81 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 05:06 PM

Maybe I've asked this but is it normal to have good days and not good days like now today I feel a bit more anxious and racing thoughts slightly like I have to work harder to catch my thoughts today but didn't seem so difficult yesterday if I'm repeating myself it's because i dont remember what i should or could do about this is this just another time and patience thing where I'll have to just wait this stuff out my ear ringing is worse today I'm spiraling and need help sorry

#82 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

Perfectly normal. The up and down effect is classic. With time the up cycle lasts longer and the down cycle lasts less.

#83 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:49 PM

Good to know fish what can I do on the down days anything I read something about omega something would that help

#84 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:01 PM

The one thing that bothers me is I survived a war real danger and now my mind is kicking my ass this sucks so bad

#85 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:45 PM

Woh... back up. You were in the forces? Or were subject to circumstances of war? If this is too personal, you don't have to answer, but this can impact on your state of mind... a lot. More than I think you may realise. Have you had any therapy following this?

I can vouch for the up and down effect. I know it is not good for confidence, and all you want is just a couple of days away from the thoughts... just so you know the "real you" is still in there... somewhere. It is.

#86 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:58 PM

Yeah I have had therapy seeing a psychologist now too I was in Iraq in 06 that's why they put me on meds in the first place they finally got them right 8 years ago now they changed everything

#87 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:05 PM

And I just want to get off meds this withdrawl stuff sucks

#88 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:01 AM

How long have you been on Cymbalta for Axle? What was the reason that you switched meds?

I have had ringing in my ears on and off ever since going on Cymbalta 5 years ago. Although I have stabilised where I am right now, I am still clenching my jaw a lot (a side effect I get whenever I have tried to wean off) & I am still waking too early in the mornings or waking for an hour through the night with my mind working over time.

#89 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:52 AM

"I was in Iraq in 06"

For this alone, I would like to say just how appreciative I am for your service. You are amazing to have done this for your country. 

I think there is a lot here left to unravel that equates to your current situation, but my head is all over the place today and can't think straight. Last couple of days I am having the same as Noush - waking way too early, or if I wake in the middle of the night, the brain switches on and refuses to turn off.

I have tinnitus 24/7, so I just have to get on with it. Right ear was own doing, left is due to effects of TMJ.

#90 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:17 AM

AxleJames,

The people I know that came back from Afghanistan, they are all on meds to put a veil in your brain, to lessen the thoughts that go with the trauma.

I firmly believe that. They need this to have a certain quality of life. But the problem is to find the right meds. It doesn't take it all away, remains remain. And there is trial and error all the way. Change one here, add one there and so on. My son in law, 35, has been going through this since he came back. The thing that works for him is to go fishing and hunting, during those times, nothing else exist. I know, you can't be fishing and hunting all the time. He has good and bad moments. And bipolar with that.

Have a good day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users