2771 replies to this topic

#781 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 11:05 AM

Axle - If your Dr won't allow you to go back on the Celexa, why don't you consider increasing the Cymbalta to 40mg just until life settles down for you. As I have said before, 30mg Did nothing for me, but 40mg did the trick.

#782 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 November 2018 - 11:06 AM

Gail is right - you have a lovely way with words.

I can see that your anxiety is very much linked to your religion. Really wish I could help you.

#783 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 11:21 AM

It's more that I have been a spiritual person normally I am but because of recent events I have felt distanced from God but as fish said it's my mental state creating the distance not God the thought that the one being I've turned to through out my entire life not being there is a tremendous fear, however i have started to change my what if s instead of what if the negative is true replace what if the positive is true and then searching for ways to reinforce that positive thought I might try going up to 40mg not sure yet the med thing for me is a stressors right now I'm unsure of so much what I do know is I'm trying to keep my stress level down

#784 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:16 PM

AxleJames,

When you are calmer, Noush may have a good suggestion here.

Hello Noush, how were you feeling on the 30 dulox? And now on 40, do you see good improvement?
To the point of where we are here, we need hope to get through. Thank you Noush!

#785 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:02 PM

I worry we are pulling the poor chap in two directions here.

I am only working on the fact that Axle felt the Celexa worked for him, and if it weren't for the mistakes of the health service, he would not even be here... but of course we are all glad that he did join us here (but not at the expense of the Cymbalta!)

Anyway. There is of course a possibility that the Cymbalta might give Axle a bit of a breather, but there is also the possibility that it will do the opposite.

Axle - the end choice is yours my friend. We can't make that for you, and I know this is in itself, a lot of stress for you. But I think we need to have a plan for you. The longer you are in the middle of it, the worse it will be for you.

OPTION 1 - Go up on the Cymbalta and hope it works to carry you through the Celexa withdrawal. Problems may be that it doesn't help, and that you will have to, at some point, face the Cymbalta withdrawal. But again, this might not affect you in the way it has people like myself.

OPTION 2 - You cross taper back to Citalopram knowing that it will work. Downside being you will have to face an extension to your withdrawal at the moment, and you will need to argue the toss with your doctor.

No-one is going to rush you for a decision. Take whatever time you want - but I just wanted to put both on the table so they are out of your head.

With you all the way, man.

#786 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:21 PM

Hi Gail

I originally went on 30mg for Postnatal Anxiety/Depression/OCD. It took the edge off a little for a few week & then did nothing. Within a few weeks of going up to 40mg I felt so much better. Didn't have a single episode of anxiety/Depression for 5 years whilst on it. About a year ago I started having headaches around 10am each morning. My GP said it may be the Duloxetine & seen as though I'd been on it so long without any episodes, to try to wean off. Every time I try to wean (3 times now) I drop only about 25 beads (2 mg) & I start with insomnia, heart pounding when simply walking up stairs, dizzinesss, anxiety & feeling of dread & like everything is over whelming.

I woke up through the night last Wednesday for the loo with a bad case of vertigo & could barely walk. Not sure if it was withdrawal Or actual Vertigo, but it triggered major anxiety, so I decided to go back up to 40mg for now. However, I went back up last Friday & although the anxiety & insomnia has subsided, I have a mild headache, vertigo like symptoms, foggy head & thoughts are all over the place.

#787 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:07 PM

This is where I'm at I'm on 30 mg I feel uneasy at times and not like myself as if I am very careful in everything I do the anxiety has subsided some as well as the depression my biggest issue is over thinking and negative thoughts I have seen progress so far , not more real headaches depression not so bad but obsessive thought is there and the feeling of uneasiness if you tell me this to will subside then I could ride out the storm and just go through withdrawl of cymbalta later I guess but I dont know 8 years on celexa and only off for 2 months I dont know how far I should be in the withdrawl process I value all of your opinion so please weigh in

#788 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:49 PM

Have you thought About upping Adderall? This can take care of OCD.

By the way,thank you Noush for your answer!

#789 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:01 PM

Where are you at in the process Gail? Are you completely off Duloxetine?

#790 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:03 PM

All I can offer is what I am going through, and my concern, unlike yours, is that the Celexa isn't doing all it should. I have been in this relapse for 14 months and nothing has got better... and now worse thanks to Cymbalta. 

But when I started coming off Cymbalta at the start of September, it was decided to go back on the Celexa before considering anything else. 

When I stopped Celexa in May 2017 (as I was fine - and had been for 10 years!), I was off them completely for around 10 weeks. At this point, the relapse had hit and I started the Celexa again. August 2017 was horrible, But to this day I don't know if it was just me getting out of the withdrawal, or the Celexa restoring the levels.

Now I worry that the Celexa doesn't have the power to tackle a Cymbalta withdrawal. I have been on 30mg Celexa for 4 weeks now (20mg for 2 weeks before that). If it were working, I should have been feeling it and coping with the withdrawal by now.

#791 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:10 PM

Iun how many mg were you on of cymbalta my thing is if my dr refuses mind you I have to go the Va for healthcare and wont do celexa does anyone know of another option or once again do I wait until March and see if the cymbalta will get me through celexa withdrawl which like I said has only been 2 months any advice here

#792 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:36 PM

I was on 20mg last year before I stopped, then 30mg when I went back on them, and have been ever since until I switched to Cymbalta. Now back on 30mg.

Lexapro is thought of as an "improved" version of Celexa. And in theory should be well tolerated if Celexa was.

#793 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:39 PM

Iun how long were you on celexa for and how many mg when you went through withdrawl how long did you go through it

#794 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:56 PM

I was put on Celexa back in 2005 for PTSD. I cured from this in about 18 months, but the Dr kept me on this dose ever since. So by the time I stopped, I had been on it for around 12 years. 

Stopped for around 10 weeks.

Straight back on 30mg Celexa.

Then the "withdrawal" part I would say lasted around 6-8 weeks. I know this was withdrawal due to the symptoms. After that I had anxiety bought on myself. I didn't suffer from depression again until Christmas. I know what my body feels like during withdrawal as I have got it back now. Over a year and I can still remember that well....

#795 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:59 PM

So I'm coming up on 8 weeks and was on 20mg for 8 years does the uneasy feeling go away ever or like your not real and just going through the motions does this get better my anxiety had gotten slightly better with the help of the book but I still feel unreal or like I have to hurry and do everything like I dont have enough time

#796 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:04 PM

That hits on another thing I'm 36 years old and I feel like I'm 50 it's like I'm old and have no ambition or drive is this a withdrawl symptom

#797 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:21 PM

The other question I'm wondering is this caused by my marriage possibly ending the death of my sister or the withdrawal or all of it together like I just dont know where to begin with all this

#798 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:40 PM

"like I have to hurry and do everything like I dont have enough time"

This is more than likely the over production of adrenaline bought on by your stress. I would say that this would be there regardless of the withdrawal given your circumstances. I have been through this recently dropping the cymbalta however, so it can impact, but I could still say it is your situation more than a withdrawal thing.

I also did a quick search for the "most stressful life events". Divorce is 2nd place and loosing a family member is 5th place. You have a lot on and you need to realise that. Trying to attribute which is causing which symptoms would be near impossible. These are reasons WHY people have nervous illnesses - having such thing occur once you are already in the grip of a nervous illness is only going to amplify it. 

You know, this isn't easy saying one bloke to another, but I was with my parents earlier today for a bit of support, and they asked about the forum and I explained about your situation. I couldn't get through it all before I started crying. 

To be where you are and still be going the way you are is nothing short of amazing. Take a step back for a moment. Realise how much you have been through. Think how quick this would destroy the average person. Now look back at yourself. 

Again, you are amazing. And that's how I know you will come through this.

#799 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:46 PM

Iun thank you like you I speak of this forum I was sharing how amazing it is that you and I ate going through the same withdrawls in reverse thank you for your kind words there are days I just want to throw in the towel I will tell you this if it wasn't for the insight and compassion you all provide I dont think I could do this it is truly a scary time in my life right now I am here for all of you and grateful for your help

#800 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:00 PM

Well, this has been an interesting discussion to read.

Noush - Your symptoms are definitely Cymbalta withdrawal. When you get settled down start dropping again but at a much slower rate.

AJ - I agree with IUN. With all you have been through with up and down on meds don't throw a third one in the mix. I also agree that it is logical to go back on Celexa if it worked before it may work again. No guarantees though.

I would certainly go get that second opinion and see what that dr says.

#801 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:02 PM

What about being off celexa for 8 weeks once again goes back to if most of the not feeling real and the uneasiness and over thinking can all be attributed to the withdrawl then I can see it through

#802 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:04 PM

Absolutely. I have been able to get through some real nasty patches by speaking to people here.

Ah - the 'Hat speaketh. Like he says, there are never guarantees, but always good to have all the opinions here.

#803 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:18 PM

I have found that many people suffer through the digestive issues/dizziness first, then emotional swing and obsessive thoughts second with the obsessive thoughts lasting a while before fading slowly.

#804 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:20 PM

That's good to know if that's the case fish I probably could add in cbd oil or that ashwanda stuff

#805 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:47 PM

That may be a good choice AJ. Be sure the CBD is legal in your state.

#806 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:51 PM

It actually is which Is surprising I hope this emotional stuff does fade soon lol

#807 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:22 PM

So I'm not sure if this counts as stress or anxiety but sometimes I feel like I'm just watching people talk but from a distance or like hyper focused on an individual or situation and the ringing in my ears is pretty terrible can someone shed light on this I feel not quite right again

#808 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:39 PM

Fish - so I was feeling quite 'out of it' all day yesterday & towards the evening having burst of feeling hot & sick & anxious for no apparent reason. Came to bed & woke after 2 hours with my heart racing. No real anxiety, apart from caused by this heart racing. Looked back at a text to Juli from July explaining that I was starting a taper cos I was getting dizzy & having headaches & didn't think it was agreeing with me anymore.

My taper rate was only 1 bead a week & I had only dropped by around 25 beads. Advice greatly appreciated Fish.

#809 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:05 PM

Axle - if when you are watching these people but not really taking in what is going on, then I have had that frequently. It is like you freeze in the position you were in and just become fixed and unable to do anything about it. Maybe it's not like that, but for me, it is my brain having a moment all to itself.

Noush - reasons are rarely apparent during withdrawal, and even though your taper is that slow, you clearly have an intolerance. If you look at what I posted here yesterday, you will see that I had exactly the same thing. Anxiety and racing pulse out of nowhere. In the midst of the brain re-wiring itself, there are things going on up there that we can never control. Such little research is given to what happens post-pill, which is why there is so much of it about that remains unexplained. It only takes a misdirection of a synapse or some such, the brain will release a chemical that it thinks appropriate for what has happened, and the result is depression, anxiety, dread etc. Remember that our physical symptoms are all controlled by our brain. When something changes in our brain, it is usually down to what we experience, but when drugs are involved, we don't have any involvement whatsoever. The pills are pulling the strings, but the result is that we feel that something just have occurred and there is something wrong with us.

Think of a car route you often take - to a friends, place of work, supermarket. Drive that route in your mind, and then randomly start putting in road blocks. You need to divert here there and everywhere, more fuel, perhaps more traffic, you might have to stop and think about another route. Not the best example, but when we withdrawal, similar "road blocks" get put in our brain where it once used to travel. The diversion that occurs will not work in the same way as the original route, and in the brain this results in all manner of weird crapola...

Hope this helps a little. 

#810 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:13 PM

IVUN - Yes that makes totally good sense. However, I went back up to the full dose of 40mg last Friday & have slept great since until now. My thinking & train of though seems to be getting worse, not better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users