fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:23 AM

"Almost like a form of OCD."

You are right IUN. AD withdrawal effects that center of the brain.

"Is this along those negative thoughts that will subside as the withdrawl subsides or is it something I will have forever:

It normally fades as your withdrawal fades.

"Overthinking blocks out Gods voice that's why I'm freaking out and searching so much for answers because I cant hear or feel his presence so I assume he isn't there"

He is there. It is you who isn't there (mentally). It will pass. Don't overthink it and don't fight it. That will only male it worse. Just focus on rest and relaxation.

Prayers for all and for always. Lots of prayers.

#752 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:51 AM

Fish thank you once again so insightful I know we touched on this but I keep forgetting im going through celexa withdrawls after 8 years and basically the doc put me on cymbalta to help with withdrawl and since i have chosen to not go on a therapeutic dose since I know what coming off cymbalta can be like i will have to ride out the storm

#753 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:15 AM

Not going to be too much help at the moment Axle - but checking in. 

I sincerely hope that the right decision is made with regards to the withdrawal. I am clearly right in the thick of it now - 5 days after stopping Cymbalta - and can just about type stuff on the forum. Between posts I am just sitting in bed looking out the window. Weather is horrible too which doesn't help. 

Are you still sticking to plans to come off the Cymbalta? At the lower dose of Cymbalta, you might consider a small dose of Celexa to get into your system before dropping the Cymbalta from where you are at the moment.

#754 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:21 AM

I am eventually iun atm just need to ride out the storm of the celexa withdrawl iun know that your in my thoughts brother I am here my choice is either see this threw on the low dose until the celexa withdrawl is over then start the cymbalta withdrawl or swap to celexa and just be like I have been for 8 years not sure what I will do just yet my friend it's a lot to consider love you brother God is with you

#755 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:07 AM

Thank you for your lovely words Axle. It has been a long time since I felt this low, it has been all about the anxiety for the last few weeks. It is because I am loosing hope for recovery. I know I am impatient only just having come off the Cymbalta, but overall, it has been almost 15 months that I have been suffering this time around. 

For my opinion, I would strongly suggest coming off the Cymbalta first as it will certainly get worse over time. 

Who knows, you may be one of the lucky ones whose withdrawal is a smoother ride. Coming off it is inevitable, and I want you to get through it as best you can - hence my recommendation to do it now.

Bless you Axle, and much love.

#756 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:44 AM

That 15 months scared the heck out of me I dont think i could do this for that long

#757 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:51 AM

EXACTLY! This is where I am.

Knowing what coming off the Celexa cold turkey did to me last year - and here I am again on another withdrawal.

I'm very scared...

#758 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:17 PM

You got this brother Father God we pray that this man will be healed that his suffering will be short and with your right hand you will lift him up and protect him in Jesus name we pray Amen

#759 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:37 PM

Bless you friend

#760 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:42 PM

Some things that have occurred to me recently my dr could have put me on any number of ad yet she chose cymbalta while going through withdrawl I prayed for the why and the answer as I said before was because I may need to help someone else with this when I used to go to the dr I would pray God would use them to help me all of this led hear I mean I was on celexa a completely different ad then cymbalta but I ended up here with many of you who ate going through or have gone through this if this is not a testament to Gods mercy for us if this is not a miracle in itself then what is

#761 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:23 PM

God works in ways that we often do not see as often or as quick as we want them - but what you have said here is a real eye opener. 

There have been many times over the last few weeks where my thoughts have wandered to you and thought... "if Axle can do this, then I am going to be with him and find a way myself". We all need each other here... Everyone has a purpose and a part to play in God's way forward for us all.

Your arrival at this site was no chance occurrence.

#762 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:26 PM

In the book it says how you could get a headache and think something bad or hear something on tv and makes you worry well that just happened to me I caught a snid bit of some radio show at work talking about life and meaning and death and it put me back in panic mode about God

#763 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:48 PM

The dr declined putting me back on celexa she said because if the qtc concern but said I could make a soon er appointment to try something else any thoughts

#764 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

The dr declined putting me back on celexa she said because if the qtc concern but said I could make a soon er appointment to try something else any thoughts

Bloody hell. Dammit. Ass Biscuits. NO - don't throw a third pill into the mix whatever you do.

You need to lay down the law to these people. It is your body, not theirs. Does she understand the issues related to Cymbalta?

Your reasons are plain and simple.

1 - You were mistakenly taken off Celexa

2 - Cymbalta is not working for you

3 - Cymblata has a track record of a bad withdrawal

4 - Celexa was working for you before all this occurred

5 - The QT issues with Celexa has been sorted, hence the max dose reduction to 40mg (20mg for the elderly)

I've been on Celexa for 13 years (between 20-30mg) and my ticker is tip-top. Granted I am just one little statistic, but puting it out there all the same.

Why do you need to consider anything else? The transition back to Celexa should be a lot more straight forward as well giving the short (ish) duration of elapsed time. 

Grrrrr. I hate Doctors sometimes....

#765 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:42 PM

Exactly she flat out said no and now I just feel lost like yeah now what do I do I literally have a choice to stay on this horrible pill granted its 30 mg and ride out the celexa withdrawl or get a new pill and really mess it all up I literally feel like I'm drowning every day some days like today my heads is slightly above water other days it feels like someone is holding me under it's a nightmarev

#766 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:48 PM

Dude.

Doctors CANNOT tell you what to do. Fact. Their advice is always an opinion. Why do you think they are called Practitioners? They practice. Unfortunately most of the time on us!

'Hat has been through his fair share of issues and did exactly what he needed to in order to get the help he knew was right. I have done the same, although in the UK there is a lot more red tape.

If she will not comply with what you want, you are eligible for a second opinion. Do it, and put this new doctor in her place. 

#767 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:18 PM

I think I will do just that I'm so disheartened and my anxiety is up there again I hate this so so much

#768 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:41 PM

I can well imagine. But this is the best thing for you to do in the long term.

I know short term it is easy to play along with what is told, but you need to think of yourself. 

Besides - we can be withdrawal buddies :)

#769 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:48 PM

We already are lol just different meds lol your with drawing off cymbalta and on celexa I'm withdrawing off celexa and on cymbalta it's a nightmare lol

#770 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:13 PM

I m hoping fish will weigh in here as well if I can get my dr to change or find one that will help me what other meds are out there

#771 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:15 PM

I was only on 20 mg of celexa btw

#772 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:17 PM

True.. true.

Just sat here after a lovely meal watching some trash on YouTube and out of nowhere I start getting anxious. Heart is going, dizzy, tight chest, you name it. Classic withdrawal.

Fish has probably resigned to somewhere warm to escape the bitterly cold Missouri climate. Bless 'im.

20mg of Celexa is the therapeutic dose and in all seriousness will not get close to the timing issues.

#773 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:06 PM

Lol warm climate I live in minnesota it's like 2 degrees

#774 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:11 PM

Wife decided to remind me she is still moving out and we may still get divorced wth

#775 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:07 AM

Obviously didn't sleep good anxiety is inevitable today super stressed on top of wife problem now have to figure out meds feel like once again I'm back under water keep wondering how long thiscwithdrawl will last

#776 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:21 AM

I'm really sorry for you man. 

Right with you today. Struggling with both depression and anxiety. 

Just wish I knew where to turn.

#777 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:50 AM

Run right into the arms of God my friend I know it's difficult but I promise it gets better for the first time I can say that 2 months ago i was there but I promise God will bring you out of this valley and place you on top of the mountain

#778 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:14 AM

AJ

Would that mean that you would keep the house or apartment?

I want to say that you have beautiful phrases, just what we all need, withdrawal or not!
So, thank you for that.

For non believers, just replace the word God with something else.
You must understand that we need this, specially in time of great torment.

#779 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:15 AM

I bought my house through the veterans administration so its mine

#780 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members