#721 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 November 2018 - 07:23 PM

Awesome - just bloody awesome.

The key to this method in the book is to keep on it. Keep reminding yourself of what to do. It will seem like a struggle at first and there will be time before results start showing, but they are only thoughts. Don't let them stop you doing what you want to.

Great news about the wife, and I couldn't have put it better myself. What will be will be. 

Sit tight, take care of yourself, and keep us posted!!

#722 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:29 AM

Depersonalisation and hyper sensitive are the worst these suck lol the book said it best dont focus on getting better but that's difficult for me the mornings are the worst I'm here wondering how you all are doing today

#723 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:54 AM

I'm really not good this morning. Woken up and so scared to do anything as I am worried it will make my situation worse. Just want to stay in bed and let the world get on by itself.

#724 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:08 AM

Iun I'm right there with you I feel like I just want to avoid all stress but I cant I still have to go to work and still be a father I just wish I could feel like I did a few says ago sometimes I think it's just not fair having to live like this not to dwell b it t know I'm here with you going through the same stuff something i thought of this morning in the book it talks about over obsessing about how we feel and we fight to get better when we need to just let go well that answered a question for me I have always turned to God in these situations and because my emotions and mind aren't right I dont feel his presence even tho it's there so I over obsess and have all these thoughts running through my mind so same issue of over thinking and stressing out just different subject

#725 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:17 AM

It's the physical symptoms that are the worst today just fatigued and drained and stressed and I still keep thinking about them all the issues

#726 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:35 AM

Yes to all of that. No idea how I am going to work today, but somehow I need to. Again, it is just not fair that this has occurred to us. 

I also have the exact same physical symptoms. Complete fatigue and drained, but the room is also spinning - concentration is also affected. 

Its all very well people saying, just get yourself out for a walk to clear you head, but that just won't happen at the moment. If I could, I would face it, but this is just not a battle to be won.

#727 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:52 AM

AxleJames,

just an idea here, when your mind keeps going on and on, think of your friend IUN.
Think of what shit he's going through, how hard it is for him. You'll have a few moments of reprieve. How lucky that you have such a friend that's going through almost the same scenario.

Same for you IUN. And quietly scream to God for courage, knowing that will pass also. Question of time, everybody in withdrawal are going through the same boiling water. You are not alone, it might help to read in the archives how people were so desperate. You might find tricks in there.

Prayers for my two friends. You are also in my thoughts. With love, Gail

#728 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:59 AM

I'm sorry iun I have been there not for awhile but I have I used to go for walks almost 3 miles a day trying to clear my head and yeah my body would feel a little better I soon the whole time over thinking that was a month and a half ago and it feels like it was forever ago please my dear friend take care relax and remeber we are in th ou s together and we can make it through lots of love

#729 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:11 AM

I'm gonna make a call today to my dr about getting back on my celexa

#730 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:56 AM

Do what you have to do AJ. There is no shame in going back on something. This withdrawal can last a long time. Quality of life is important.

#731 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:15 AM

Fish before I do you've been through all of this do you think with all the information I've given you if I stay the course is it possible to come out of this i guess the whole point of all this is to get my life back on track but if I'm only feeling this way because extreme stress put my body in this state eventually my nerves will heal and I will get better without having to change meds any advice would be great my friend

#732 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:21 AM

AJ, simple answer yes BUT the real question is how much suffering are you willing to go through before things change? This could start lessening in a week or as long as 8 months. What is your limit? Only you can decide that.

#733 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:43 AM

I think with all of your support I could get through this it will be difficult but not impossible

#734 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:26 AM

Ok I just had the most amazing revelation here Iun what your describing I remeber going through that horrible part of this 2 months ago I was turning to scripture and praying all the time one time as I was reading the bible I started to cry and cry I kept asking God why am I going through this and the answer I kept getting is some day you will need to help someone else through this I wrote in my journal as I heard this I thought at first he meant my daughter who is emotional like me but I see now he meant all of you I'm gonna share things I saved when I started going through all this

#735 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:21 PM

What is fear exactly? It can be defined as a “a feeling of distress caused by the presence or thought of real or imagined danger.”
My question is this: what happens when fear gets the upper hand in your life? When a sense of fear, apprehension, or panic gets so powerful that it prevents you from functioning normally? Here are three effects:

Fear paralyzes.

Fear feeds doubt.

Fear kills the plans of God within you.

Fear is none other than a primary weapon used by the enemy to oppress and hinder you in your Christian life. But Jesus defeated this enemy! (see the Bible, Colossians 2:15) The Bible says that you have been given a spirit of power, of love, and of a sound mind, not a spirit of timidity, cowardice, or fear. (see 2 Timothy 1:7)
This spirit of power, love, and a sound mind is given to you by God! Not by some distant divinity...by the powerful Creator, the One who is coming back in victory as a conqueror!

#736 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:36 PM

This helped me too Let’s do a quick exercise.
I want you to look around where you currently are and count 5 things that are red.
Ready, go!

Okay, now without taking your eyes from this page, can you remember how many things surrounding you that were yellow?

Pretty hard to recall, isn’t it?
That’s because you were so focused on red that you could not see yellow even though it was there.
So let’s say red is your anxiety and yellow is your faith.
The reasons to have faith and think of other solutions and be grateful were around you, but you could not see it because you were too busy looking at all the reasons to find red, or have anxiety about it- even though both existed.
This exercise can be applied to the perspectives we choose to have on life.
We will either look for ways to affirm our anxieties or seek ways to trust God and be grateful for what we do have.
Jesus had the perfect formula.

#737 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:46 PM

Sheesh not a great day started good went to see my psychologist was doing ok but then anxiety hit me like a crazy person and is just hanging around it's like the more I talk about it the worse I feel

#738 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:46 PM

Just had a good read of your posts today - I managed to get through work.

I really struggled to find 5 red things in my immediate view!! But it is a good point you are making about how much we focus on these things. And to add to the analogy, the withdrawal is always trying to paint everything red!!

Very sweet what Gail said. It is a really tough time. 4 days off the poison and I am already loosing it. Just wanting some control back. But again, it is patience. I know it is. And the more we focus on the time taken, the worse we make it for ourselves.

What do you think set your anxiety off with the p-doc? Was is just the talking about it? I say "just" but that it a sure way of setting it off....

#739 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:53 PM

My spirituality just the mere talk of it makes me question everything I bounce around like a ping pong ball all because I'm scared it comes down to fear and I'm not sure how to get past it or what I can do

#740 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:14 PM

You are right - it does all come down to fear. Problem is that you are internalising your thoughts a lot - just like me. 

#741 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:24 PM

So how do we stop or do we stop if we let them come supposedly they will get weaker the psychologist seemed to understand what was going on especially after finding out I was on celexa for 8 years and now I'm off

#742 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:34 PM

The brain needs external stimuli, otherwise it will just latch onto thoughts that come to mind. This is why people say go for a walk, make a cup of tea etc when you are feeling like this because even the body moving, the action of getting the tea bag - all requires thinking that isn't being used for the purposes of making us stressed or miserable. 

This is why I was so down today because I could just about make it to the bathroom by holding on to stuff. The wife made me some tea, but I really wanted to be doing just something.

I really don't want to put you off your switch back to Celexa because what I am going thru though. Remember, I had issues while taking it before withdrawal. I clearly don't agree with it, so the withdrawal will be really having a party in my head.

#743 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:45 PM

No it's good I'm here to talk to I did go looking for information to reaffirm my faith did you know there is more proof out there that there is a God then not and there are huge studies in parapsychology that points to something more than the material world and best thing I read all day is science cannot really prove anything when it comes to religion or God and that made me feel good

#744 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:14 PM

Absolutely. I am a trained parapsychologist myself! 

There is so much we don't understand and I think the fact that people can simply write-off the notion of a greater intelligence and things out there that we are not aware of is laughable. 

We once thought the world was flat... we thought the earth was the center of the universe. 

There is much to learn.

#745 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:55 PM

What I dont understand and maybe someone here can relate is why this why am I obsessing over this I could obsess about my health or other things I dont know why my mind picks this and this turned into a headache not feeling right day i am discouraged i know that it's the withdrawl and worn down nerves but it's difficult

#746 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:48 PM

It is something that plays on your mind, and regardless of whether you want your thoughts to pursue it, your brain will let it.

Almost like a form of OCD.

My wife has OCD most days, but she has to blink a certain amount of times, or touch parts of the wall for a certain length of time. I really feel for her as it pains her. But this is just how odd things can play in our grey matter.

#747 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:54 PM

Is this along those negative thoughts that will subside as the withdrawl subsides or is it something I will have forever I hate this obsessive thinking and in the book it says it's part of a worn mind and worn nerves

#748 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:31 PM

One other thing that bothers me is I have no goals or plans right now like I cant picture what I want to do in a year or 5 years or even next week anyone else experience this just a lack of goals not sure if this yet another symptom of the anxiety or what

#749 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:49 PM

Overthinking blocks out Gods voice that's why I'm freaking out and searching so much for answers because I cant hear or feel his presence so I assume he isn't there if I can just shut down this over thinking I could hear him again will you all pray with me that I can do this thank you

#750 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:02 AM

Lots of stuff to unpack there if anyone can weigh in on them are to much chocolate before bed so didn't sleep good at all decided to try something different and exercise for 20 minutes I'm tired tho gonna need prayers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users