2771 replies to this topic

#991 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:49 PM

That will stick with me for a while... very funny indeed.

Bless you Kathy - couldn't have done it without you. You clearly had the voice and words for the host company.

#992 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:51 AM

I'm exhausted ate a bunch of sugar before bed so was up all night still struggling with depression and emotional numbness feels like it wont ever end anxiety feels like I'll never be normal

#993 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:54 AM

"We could not find Fishing Hat anywhere! I still giggle at the accounts that IUN thought might be him. LOL"

I am a firm believer in being invisible. Less complications in life. lol

#994 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:05 AM

I'm just glad we are back I have been checking every day 10 times a day lol I was worried definitely felt all alone

#995 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:14 AM

Not sure how some of you would feel about this but I could share my real name and Facebook or even my email if anyone would want that both of them ate my real name

#996 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:20 AM

How long is it safe to take ashwaghanda and fish oil

#997 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:47 AM

How long is it safe to take ashwaghanda and fish oil

Indefinitely. When you get feeling better you may be able to cut back the ashwa… and save some money though.

#998 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:39 PM

Found an awesome app/website to help me called crossexamined.org you know I can say this I am having more neutral days rather than bad and some ok or good days but not very much I'm still quite stressed mind and body

#999 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:29 PM

It gets better slowly doesn't it AJ?

#1000 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:18 PM

Sugar is never a good thing before bed. As a rule, you should avoid eating 2 hours before bed - and for sure no tea, coffee or alcohol. 

I think where people are comfortable, that contact is good to share should anything like last week occur again. Might suggest that to avoid spam, that it is done via PM as anyone can get hold of your details for evermore if you post it here on the forum. I'm already covered for some of the other members, so I will send you my details now.

Regarding ashwaghanda, it has been reported to loose its efficiency after some time - that time will vary from person to person. In that case, those people have stopped for some time, and gone back and felt the effects again. There is a name for that but I can't remember.

#1001 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:07 PM

I think I keep searching stuff which I still do to escape reality because I'm unhappy I also think that a portion of spirituality is emotional and since my emotions are numb I'm having issues

#1002 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:50 PM

"emotions are numb "

I thought you were having a lot of anxiety AJ?

#1003 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:29 PM

Is anxiety an emotion I don't know how to describe it it's like I dont feel anything like I eat and dont give it thought I use to watch my weight dont care I dont know what this feeling is I'm functioning ok but still dont feel like myself any thoughts

#1004 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:32 PM

AJ, that is my thought of an ideal life minus the existential crisis. Depersonalization is normal I believe?

#1005 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:38 PM

Why would that be ideal I feel like a zombie going about life emotionless no laughing no joy and when there is emotion its crying

#1006 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:01 PM

That’s why I said “minus the existential crisis”. You are going through some bad stuff as is. I’d welcome the numbness if I were you. And you don’t have to feel any emotion? Withdrawal is messy.

#1007 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:14 PM

Gotcha I guess I feel more all over the place as well

#1008 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:00 PM

That’s why I said “minus the existential crisis”. You are going through some bad stuff as is. I’d welcome the numbness if I were you. And you don’t have to feel any emotion? Withdrawal is messy.

I fully agree Ozgun.

#1009 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:06 PM

Is anxiety an emotion I don't know how to describe it it's like I dont feel anything like I eat and dont give it thought I use to watch my weight dont care I dont know what this feeling is I'm functioning ok but still dont feel like myself any thoughts

Anxiety is an umbrella termed given to a number of related emotions. Anxiety is the end result of your response to those emotions. 

So fear, guilt - whatever emotions cause your anxiety contribute. You may have one, two or more emotions - each of different intensity that together result in the anxiety. 

What you are describing is a very passive view of life. I call it an emotional numbness. Many people describe this in various places online. It is a common phenomenon. But you are right, it is ok as a fleeting once-off, but you don't want to live your life like that. I had exactly this feeling all of Sunday on my second dose of Lexapro, which in turn led me to stop taking it. The feeling had gone by Monday, but what followed was absolutely not worth it. What I was having was a simple side effect of starting a new drug.

I make decisions without thought as the longer I leave a decision, the worse my stress gets, and therefore the worse my anxiety becomes.

#1010 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:00 PM

I get this I feel like I just want my self esteem back my confidence knowing without needing to know the why 's of life I will just keep praying and hoping that this is just time and patience as we all know I keep struggling with the withdrawl aspect I keep wanting to tell myself this should be done by now but as fish said at least 6 months and I'm only in month 3

#1011 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:53 AM

Unluckily your self esteem is one of the last things to return. To have healthy self esteem you must be stable and operating from a place of strength. That takes?...Of yes, time and patience.

#1012 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:38 AM

Thank you fish I'm now at a stage where when I feel uneasy or not right or anything like that I need to remind myself my brain is rewiring it will take time I was on meds for 8 years

#1013 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:33 AM

it is so difficult not to focus on the time factor too.

As I said to you quite a while ago, time is a real pain. We get so impatient, and the more we focus on it, the more difficult it can become. 6 months may not be correct in all cases - it may be sooner, may be a little longer, but try not to pin yourself to being better by a certain point. Try to focus on day at a time.

i am awful for looking back over the last 2-3 weeks, and at times like this, it is not good as I see ups and downs but no getting better. I forget I am in the middle of the withdrawal from Cymbalta. The most difficult thing I have ever done in my life. What was I expecting??

#1014 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:39 AM

Exactly we have those good days and it's like our brain is tricking us into thinking we are fine then BAM we feel like were back at square one the end of this month I will need to decide what to do with cymbalta I know I'm going to tell my dr I want off of it and see what other options ate out there

#1015 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:37 PM

Absolutely. We all feel it the same man.

But it is all down to how we perceive it. Behind all the issues you have mentioned, I get the impression that you are a very strong chap. And when it comes from people who have never been through MH it can often seem just a brush off, but here, where we all know what it is like, we don't say it lightly. We also have to say when people aren't helping themselves too.

So keep the good fight my brother. Lets keep each other going. 

#1016 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:32 PM

What do you all think is there a materialistic hidden agenda where these scientits ate burying evidence sorry I literally have been doing much better as my head has cleared a bit with the not overthinking so much but I'm curious because to me you guys are very smart in any case today I feel like a shell but I found myself backing down from. Everything lately letting my wife and others push me around which is not in my character so while I still feel anxious and not quite right I also feel my defense and coming back online iun I appreciate that you think I'm strong I get that from a lot of people but that's why I like coming here I can be vulnerable and feel safe with you all

#1017 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:52 PM

"What do you all think is there a materialistic hidden agenda where these scientits ate burying evidence "

Actually, when I read that question two things jumped into my head.

First in EVERY case that I have read about where information has been withheld from the FDA approval process and someone was held responsible it was the CEO or President of the company. In most cases the scientist will have sent the reports to upper management and it is they who make the decision to withhold and in most cases it is the scientist who reports the absence of information to the FDA.

Second of all, we have often discussed how drs are so ignorant about the medicine they prescribe. There is over 2000 pages and 300 medical research papers published each week!!! I always tell my drs "as soon as you graduate you are a dinosaur because you can not keep up with the most current information". It would be impossible.

#1018 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:09 PM

I honestly was talking more along the lines of scientists who bury findings about nde and supernatural phenomena but what you said even sheds more light on it sounds like no one really understand what the heck is going on in any case I feel odd today odd as in like not quite me yet it's like I peak out here and there then I'm back inside again

#1019 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:30 PM

Something I'm wondering is muscle aches and pains caused by withdrawl or by cymbalta

#1020 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

I got muscle rigidity from the withdrawal. If anything, cymbalta at the right dose kept my body calm.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users