#1651 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 December 2020 - 11:15 AM

Caffeine is habit forming so going cold turkey sends you into a nicotine withdrawal which causes high anxiety. Drinking coffee will settle some of those withdrawal symptoms. Wean off the coffee slowly.

#1652 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 11:58 AM

Caffeine is habit forming so going cold turkey sends you into a nicotine withdrawal which causes high anxiety. Drinking coffee will settle some of those withdrawal symptoms. Wean off the coffee slowly.

That is what I will have to do for sure.

#1653 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:54 PM

Absolutely - coffee requires a withdrawal like any other form of long term chemical intake

#1654 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 06:15 PM

Something has occured to me I am curious has anyone else heard of someone developing health anxiety during withdrawal. This whole things has me thinking back to 2 years ago when I started this journey and how in the beginning I didn't know what was wrong with me I kept searching google and I even went and got all kinds of tests done. Is it possible that  that one traumatic experience has some how imprinted itself on my brain and now when I have some type of sniffle or ache it all comes rushing back ? If this is the case how do I talk to my dr about this it seems a lot like the PTSD I have from the war and my childhood. have any of you heard of this happening before what can I do in the mean time. Thanks for all the help lots of love 

#1655 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:15 AM

Health anxiety is one of the most classic symptoms of any withdrawal as the withdrawal effects the hippocampus and amygdala of the brain. These two areas are primary areas that control paranoia and fear. 

#1656 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 12:15 PM

Being overly sensitive sucks a little bit of stress sets me off. I am coping where I can trying not to give it life but this is hard. I am worried something is wrong and I cant see a dr to even find out

#1657 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 03:08 PM

I felt an attack come on but sub consciously stopped it at least that's how it felt I didn't feel like I did anything now it feels like i held in a sneeze. 

#1658 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 December 2020 - 06:40 PM

"a little bit of stress sets me off."

​Its that way for all of us but believe it or not it passes.  Hanh in there AJ

#1659 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 December 2020 - 07:44 PM

Exactly. You will find that your resistance to it becomes greater as time passes.

But you do have PTSD, albeit a mild version. Stress is always the culprit. But what you need to remember is that EVERYONE has this going on in their life in some means or another. It just jumps out at us more because we have previously see it at its worst. 

But everyone on the planet suffers some means of stress. Don't expect to live a life without it - it just won't happen. It is part of life. 

We cannot change that, but what can we change?

How we deal with it!

That is the starting point....

#1660 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 02:54 PM

Today has been a little better I am getting better at stating what is not my problem or in my control. I also am getting better at recognizing when my stress is up and I need to stop and breathe. 

#1661 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 05:36 PM

So read a newstory bout a 39 year old who passed from covid and right back to square one with my anxiety 

#1662 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 December 2020 - 05:38 PM

That is definitely out of your control. Keep working on the "I am getting better at stating what is not my problem or in my control."

It gets easier with time.

#1663 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 December 2020 - 07:32 PM

So read a newstory bout a 39 year old who passed from covid and right back to square one with my anxiety 

Rationalise it. More than likely underlying health issues, lack of available health care, likely a smoker... 39 year olds die from all sorts of things, but for good reason. Unless you have reason to feel it will happen to you, there is no more to think about.

But I do understand. I am in the middle of a stress-related burnout. I have been in bed for the last 3 days and I feel I will never get better, but that is my head wanting me to think that. It has happened many times before, and I have always bounced back. Sure I am getting tired of these spells coming back, but it has been over a month since the last one, so they are getting fewer and further between, plus... I overdid it, it is Christmas.. there is ALWAYS a recipe for stress!!

#1664 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 08:02 PM

Rationalise it. More than likely underlying health issues, lack of available health care, likely a smoker... 39 year olds die from all sorts of things, but for good reason. Unless you have reason to feel it will happen to you, there is no more to think about.

But I do understand. I am in the middle of a stress-related burnout. I have been in bed for the last 3 days and I feel I will never get better, but that is my head wanting me to think that. It has happened many times before, and I have always bounced back. Sure I am getting tired of these spells coming back, but it has been over a month since the last one, so they are getting fewer and further between, plus... I overdid it, it is Christmas.. there is ALWAYS a recipe for stress!!

Thank you bud for the advice well from both you and Fish it does help to rationalize it. I just wanted to say I am sorry if I come off selfish like I am the only one with problems I am sorry you are feeling how you are buy you are right this to will pass you got this bud. Rest is the most important thing you can do. I been reading up on how to de sensitive my self if I spelled it correctly and basically in order to get out of the adrenal state I just have to to rest whenever I can. I ve been trying to remember this at work even walking away when I can. I really hope you get back on your feet fast bud. lots of love 

#1665 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 December 2020 - 08:13 AM

Selfish?  Of course. This is the time to be "selfish". Spoil yourself. You can only successfully operate in life from a point of strength. When you are not in a strong place then you must turn your attention inward (selfish) to heal. Hold the course my freind.

#1666 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 02:12 PM

So now when I eat I feel anxious and quesy and nervous. How can I know if this is just a reaction from all the anxiety or something serious any help please. 

#1667 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 December 2020 - 05:06 PM

Stress releases not only adrenaline but also cortisol. Cortisol is designed to increase appetite during periods of flight or fight. The food intake is then very rapidly converted to energy to the flight or fight condition. This added energy takes the form of anxiety. During stress the blood flow to the digestive tract is reduced so that more blood (and therefore oxygen) can flow to the muscles, etc. This reduced blood flow to the digestive tract makes the stomach work harder in order to digest food which causes the unsettled feeling. 

#1668 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 December 2020 - 05:12 PM

I forgot. During periods of high stress one should eat smaller amounts but more often. This is easier on the stomach.

#1669 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 05:22 PM

I forgot. During periods of high stress one should eat smaller amounts but more often. This is easier on the stomach.

Is it normal for me to be still feeling these affects 4 weeks after the major attack I mean i have had other smaller ones in between the last 4 weeks but is it normal I m still feeling the affects ?

#1670 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 December 2020 - 06:57 PM

It can well be yes. Everyone is different. Sometimes there needs to be things addressed in your routine.

I had my therapy today and we have committed to me having a 11pm curfew for emails, phone calls, texts and anything work related. This is how I end up in the position I do with getting burnt out. I need to leave a good 4 hours for myself before I sleep. 

It is a simple rule, but tough to implement. But I need to stick to it if I want to get better.

#1671 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 December 2020 - 07:43 PM

Fantastic. My therapist asked me to set up a time to "shut down" as well. For me it is 6 PM and that gives me 3 hours before I sleep and I still maintain that til this day. It works well.

#1672 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 12:30 PM

I may try this get off my phone for a bit after work and just be for awhile. Did a cool meditation this morning from deepak chopra and had this cool mantra. Existence, Consciousness, Bliss 

#1673 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 December 2020 - 12:36 PM

Good to hear it. My stress levels are balancing, but as is always the case, I get the onset of depression afterwards. Again, it will pass - I just had to let it be. But this time of the year is the most difficult by far. Wishing you a Happy New Year and here's to a much more favorable 2021...!

#1674 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 December 2020 - 04:41 PM

Meditation and yoga release endorphins which slow adrenaline production and reaction with the nerves. If after practicing either you experience depression that is a sign that you mediation too long. By shortening the mediation cycle you can eliminate the rebound depression however the anxiety may come back quicker so the choice is up to the person.

#1675 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 05:52 PM

It has been a little bit better today I hope I am on the upswing and this isnt some fluke

#1676 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 09:36 AM

so if during bouts of high anxiety your stomach muscles cramp and your digestion is like a factory and shuts off. When the anxiety subsides or at least gets better is it normal to start feeling really hungry , however when you do eat to get indigestion and gas ? is this a sign my stomach factory is coming back or is it something else. I am wondering if this is normal or not

#1677 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 January 2021 - 11:07 AM

It can be if you have eaten more in one sitting than you will have otherwise done. It will be making adjustments from your diet during the time you weren't eating as you would normally, so I would consider the odd moment of discomfort quite normal.

#1678 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 01:30 PM

I have the next 3 days off. A couple of new things happening. Last night was the indigestion and then extreme fatigue at 8 pm. I sleep for what I think is a solid 7-8 hours. Then today I was sitting at the table putting some models together all of a sudden I was tired. Then a thought came to mind what if there's something wrong with my heart now. I will say these two bouts of fatigue just started happening yesterday. There are two scenarios I can think of either I have developed some sort of heart condition because I have had bad stress and anxiety over the last 4 weeks. Or as my body is turning back on my stomach is using up all my energy to digest my food and sucking up all my nutrients and so I feel tired. should I try and see my dr? or is this tied to the anxiety I will say this when I was at the table as soon as I started to worry my palms were wet and my feet were cold a classic sign of anxiety. 

#1679 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 January 2021 - 01:53 PM

I would also say this is all linked in with the anxiety. You suffer the same as I do with my depression. I give it far too much attention which only serves to give it reason to hang around. This is such a difficult time of the year. It is ridiculous how the mind works sometimes. I was sat here just a few moment ago having distracted myself with an article on the computer and I stopped to think "Hey, I feel a bit better". As soon as that thought came to mind, the depression came straight back as I had just thought about it. This is all that it takes in most cases.

The key is so not fight it because it is a fight that you will not win. Ever.

So when the above happened just now, I try as much as I can to just let it be. Pay it as little mind as possible. Stop looking for reasons for it. That will also make it worse. 

#1680 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 January 2021 - 02:37 PM

IUN is correct. all linked to anxiety. If you have ever been in a near death situation the stomach shuts down and your heart races. Afterward you will not be hungry until the adrenaline drops a little and blood flow resumes to the stomach. At that time your appetite returns and your body craves food to replace the energy used during the emergency. However the st0omach has been oxygen starved during the emergency so it is very sensitive and cranky. Even though hungry you should eat very slowly and small increments so as to avoid the gas and gastric cramping. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users