2771 replies to this topic

#1681 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 05:08 PM

I would also say this is all linked in with the anxiety. You suffer the same as I do with my depression. I give it far too much attention which only serves to give it reason to hang around. This is such a difficult time of the year. It is ridiculous how the mind works sometimes. I was sat here just a few moment ago having distracted myself with an article on the computer and I stopped to think "Hey, I feel a bit better". As soon as that thought came to mind, the depression came straight back as I had just thought about it. This is all that it takes in most cases.

The key is so not fight it because it is a fight that you will not win. Ever.

So when the above happened just now, I try as much as I can to just let it be. Pay it as little mind as possible. Stop looking for reasons for it. That will also make it worse. 

IUN is correct. all linked to anxiety. If you have ever been in a near death situation the stomach shuts down and your heart races. Afterward you will not be hungry until the adrenaline drops a little and blood flow resumes to the stomach. At that time your appetite returns and your body craves food to replace the energy used during the emergency. However the st0omach has been oxygen starved during the emergency so it is very sensitive and cranky. Even though hungry you should eat very slowly and small increments so as to avoid the gas and gastric cramping. 

Thank you both. This was helpful I just want off this rollercoaster sometimes I feel like IM doing better others its like i can feel the anxiety bubbling up. Rigtht now I am dealing with what feels like cold like symptoms , however I am wondering if the dry air can make it so my brhoncial tubes are irritated is that a thing cold dry air irritating them? NO fever and I can breathe ok just some slight wheezing from my throat. I will work harder at not giving my thoughts life I am so glad I have you two to help me through this again. I dont know what I would do without having this kind of support.

#1682 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 January 2021 - 05:57 PM

Could be the dryness for sure. Time will tell. Just watch for a fever and get plenty of rest.

#1683 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 January 2021 - 06:44 PM

Always here to support. I fully understand. I am still learning about controlling my stress, unfortunately, these things take time... and patience :)

#1684 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:59 AM

Could be the dryness for sure. Time will tell. Just watch for a fever and get plenty of rest.

Always here to support. I fully understand. I am still learning about controlling my stress, unfortunately, these things take time... and patience :)

Things happen for a reason I think I figured out how all this kicked off I am about 99 percent sure. My allergic reaction a month ago was no allergic reaction it was an asthma attack. From inhaling super glue in a confined space with no ventilation for over 8 hours. I picked up the hobby of building models for a game called Warhammer 40k. Yesterday was the first day I decided to build again since my friends brought everything to me to build from their house since I thought their house was the culprit. I built for a couple hours yesterday then went sledding with family when I came back I felt an asthma attack coming on mind you my friends were over so I thought it was them. This morning it dawned on me though the super glue. I did some research and it turns out your body will become sensitized if you use it the way I did that first night of building in a closed house. the reaction even says it will be delayed so I whole heartedly believe what I am feeling now is the affects of inhaling that garbage even for a few hours yesterday mix that with the dry air and you get what has happened to me. You guys are some of the smartest people I know when it comes to health issues so I am looking to see if this makes sense? I was feeling fine yesterday up until I started having an asthma attack last night which super glue can trigger btw. Best of all tho last night I kept telling my brain don't be afraid we been through this before we are going to be OK I took my inhaler and a claritin just in case I feel miserable today , however once again flu like symptoms are an after affect from the super glue fiasco. Any advice. I also have been trying to see my thoughts and experiences from the point of view of an observer I can observe them and not react. God bless look forward to hearing from you. 

#1685 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 January 2021 - 12:06 PM

You got it spot on there AJ.

Solvents of many types will have this effect. And for a few minutes would have been enough, so the fact that it was a few hours, do not be surprised if it takes a little longer to subside. You will see a lot of information about this in the eBook as well which talks about the effects of chemicals and the respective reaction.

I had a call-out today for a couple of hours which went well - once I gave myself a kick up the arse to get up and out the house. Can't just sit around the house expecting things to change if I don't being about the change myself...

#1686 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 January 2021 - 05:21 PM

Good call AJ!! I am surprised you didn't get dizzy with that kind of exposure. 

#1687 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 06:10 PM

Good call AJ!! I am surprised you didn't get dizzy with that kind of exposure. 

Remember when I said this yesterday "Then today I was sitting at the table putting some models together all of a sudden I was tired". I was putting the models together gluing them looking back now I am thinking it wasn't tired it was dizzy. You made me think when you asked this so I went back to my earlier post. Its crazy today I have flu like symptoms congestion in my nose and some slight wheezing still, however this very common from inhaling that crap. 

#1688 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:03 PM

So i ve developed being a bit naseous tonight,however I am wondering if its still just my sensitive stomach. Would my stomach still be sensitive  4-5 weeks after panic attack well initial panic attack I had one like a week ago I think. Not sure whats going on but its making me even more anxious

#1689 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 January 2021 - 07:34 AM

The solvent in the glue can upset the stomach and with your recent history of anxiety it doesn't surprise me you are having stomach issues.

#1690 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 09:58 AM

Today Anxiety is high I am concerned I did permanent damage and my stomach being upset causes me to panic. Is it possible the glue has an affect on my central nervous system ? I am having trouble calming myself and self soothing. Not sure what to do. I started to hyperventilate this morning again. This is a nightmare I keep trying to remind myself this will just have to run its course but its difficult. 

#1691 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 10:52 AM

I read somewhere that being anxious speeds up your metabolism is that possibly why I feel hungry a lot more than normal. Then when I eat I feel bloated

#1692 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 January 2021 - 12:46 PM

I read somewhere that being anxious speeds up your metabolism is that possibly why I feel hungry a lot more than normal. Then when I eat I feel bloated

100%

#1693 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 January 2021 - 12:49 PM

Today Anxiety is high I am concerned I did permanent damage and my stomach being upset causes me to panic. Is it possible the glue has an affect on my central nervous system ? I am having trouble calming myself and self soothing. Not sure what to do. I started to hyperventilate this morning again. This is a nightmare I keep trying to remind myself this will just have to run its course but its difficult. 

I can assure you that whatever you have done will be temporary. In order for damage to be done to the CNS, you would need to have been through a glue sniffing addiction for a good year!!

#1694 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 02:17 PM

Ok this can hopefully help with some of this health anxiety I am feeling. So I had an asthma attack that turned into head congestion and what felt like my bronchial tubes closing. Yesterday was a little better just congested all day in my head like a head cold. Today not so much congestion but I still feel like I am coughing up mucus. Is this because of the irritation to my nose and bronchial tubes. I read somewhere mucus is basically dead cells is this my body trying to adjust to the foreign crap that I inhaled. If it is how long should I allow the coughing stuff up to last before I see a dr. I am not having any other real issues except for the stomach gas and indigestion from my anxiety. Any help

#1695 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 January 2021 - 02:47 PM

As far as "I read somewhere that being anxious speeds up your metabolism is that possibly why I feel hungry a lot more than normal. Then when I eat I feel bloated", [lease read my post #1680. That is exactly what I was saying.

"I read somewhere mucus is basically dead cells is this my body trying to adjust to the foreign crap that I inhaled."

Absolutely incorrect. Mucous is a slimy coating that lines your complete respiratory and digestive tract. Its main purpose is to keep your tissues from drying out. When exposed to viruses, bacteria of respiratory irritants then mucous will increase to help trap these items so you can cough them us easier. Most of my drs have told me that I should wait up to 7 days before seeing a doctor about coughing up mucous or fever from an infection. Personally I have found that to be good advice. Have you had a fever?

#1696 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 03:05 PM

As far as "I read somewhere that being anxious speeds up your metabolism is that possibly why I feel hungry a lot more than normal. Then when I eat I feel bloated", [lease read my post #1680. That is exactly what I was saying.

"I read somewhere mucus is basically dead cells is this my body trying to adjust to the foreign crap that I inhaled."

Absolutely incorrect. Mucous is a slimy coating that lines your complete respiratory and digestive tract. Its main purpose is to keep your tissues from drying out. When exposed to viruses, bacteria of respiratory irritants then mucous will increase to help trap these items so you can cough them us easier. Most of my drs have told me that I should wait up to 7 days before seeing a doctor about coughing up mucous or fever from an infection. Personally I have found that to be good advice. Have you had a fever?

Nope no fever at all. Just still feel congested a bit I can breathe better today out of my nose yesterday I spend the whole day mouth breathing which is why I think I felt so bloated last night and today.  Could my feelings of congestion be because the irritant still this happened Friday night the initial attack and allergy issue

#1697 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 January 2021 - 04:42 PM

Friday night and this is Sunday afternoon where I am at. That is around 40 hours give or take. yes that is possible. I would think that by noon tomorrow it should be past.

#1698 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 07:02 PM

I am giving myself a few days If I don't feel better then I will make an appointment with the doc just to make sure I am on the up and up. I bought Gas X to help with my stomach. I haven't used it in years so I am a bit nervous that's how I am with all meds now days. I have gabapentin to take for anxiety and  some days I think of giving in and just taking it. I dont want to do that. I appreciate all the help guys I truly do this is the first time in my life where I have felt like crying because I hate my anxiety so much. Normally I get sad about life but this is the first time I have been driven to wanting to give up over how I feel this is new to me. Anyways Gas X a good thing to take ?

#1699 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:02 AM

Is it possible the allergic reaction/asthma attack is what is making me anxious now. Like because of the attack my body is reacting and then I am having anxiety ? If so is it just a matter of time of getting the stuff out of my system to feel better ?

#1700 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:14 AM

Gas X is just fine. There is a section in the ebook about how to calm the stomach and I have found it helps a lot. You might look it  over. If you have trouble finding it just let me know.  The stuff from the superglue is out of your system already but what you are dealing with is the solvent withdrawal. Kids here in the USA have a lot of issues with glue sniffing and paint sniffing. Both items contain the same or similar solvents. They get 'high' from the solvent and then crash into withdrawal so they have to go out and sniff more glue or paint to feel better. With your nerves already sensitive from the Cymbalta withdrawal the effects on you will be more significant and take longer to recover from. It will wear off. I wish I could tell you when but I really don't know. 

If you know what brand of superglue I can look into the ingredients and see what I can find out.

#1701 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 12:32 PM

Gas X is just fine. There is a section in the ebook about how to calm the stomach and I have found it helps a lot. You might look it  over. If you have trouble finding it just let me know.  The stuff from the superglue is out of your system already but what you are dealing with is the solvent withdrawal. Kids here in the USA have a lot of issues with glue sniffing and paint sniffing. Both items contain the same or similar solvents. They get 'high' from the solvent and then crash into withdrawal so they have to go out and sniff more glue or paint to feel better. With your nerves already sensitive from the Cymbalta withdrawal the effects on you will be more significant and take longer to recover from. It will wear off. I wish I could tell you when but I really don't know. 

If you know what brand of superglue I can look into the ingredients and see what I can find out.

All I know is it says loctite on it and it contains Cyanoacrylate. How can I know if I ve done any permanent damage ?

#1702 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 12:51 PM

If you know what brand of superglue I can look into the ingredients and see what I can find 

Can you tell me why affect it would have on the gastric system ? if any

#1703 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 02:24 PM

One other question how can I tell if this was an allergic reaction or an asthma attack ?

#1704 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:05 PM

• "Dose related side effects are common. Drowsiness, vertigo, headache, and dizziness occur in cns. High doses cause nervousness, agitation, anxiety, delirium, and confusion especially in older patients. Blurred vision, dry mouth, impaired sweating, abdominal discomfort, mydriasis and constipation also occur."

Long-term effects would not be anticipated for a single acute exposure however long-term repeated exposure (especially a year or more) could be linked to development of cancer and other serious conditions. This is often seen in glue sniffing (called huffing). 

Also any allergic reaction would usually involve swelling of the eyes and face, difficulty swallowing or breathing. It has been well documented that cyanoacrylates can cause severe asthma attacks even in those with no history of asthma. 

Cyanoacrylates are a central nervous system depressant and could significantly depress gastric activity. 

#1705 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:07 PM

References to this literature is available if you so desire. 

#1706 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:33 PM

• "Dose related side effects are common. Drowsiness, vertigo, headache, and dizziness occur in cns. High doses cause nervousness, agitation, anxiety, delirium, and confusion especially in older patients. Blurred vision, dry mouth, impaired sweating, abdominal discomfort, mydriasis and constipation also occur."

Long-term effects would not be anticipated for a single acute exposure however long-term repeated exposure (especially a year or more) could be linked to development of cancer and other serious conditions. This is often seen in glue sniffing (called huffing). 

Also any allergic reaction would usually involve swelling of the eyes and face, difficulty swallowing or breathing. It has been well documented that cyanoacrylates can cause severe asthma attacks even in those with no history of asthma. 

Cyanoacrylates are a central nervous system depressant and could significantly depress gastric activity. 

What does it mean to depress gastric activity ? Is that why i have been having so many issues with bloating ?  So there is a good chance this is the reason I feel the way I do plus my already anxiety ? Thank you for  showing me this I was wondering. I wasnt huffing it so that is good basically this stuff will have to run its course through me and I will have to keep trying to keep my anxiety in check.

#1707 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:59 PM

"Is it possible the allergic reaction/asthma attack is what is making me anxious now."

The fact that you are asking the question gives you the answer.

You are clearly thinking it and therefore will be feeding the anxiety.

Sorry to be blunt, but this is the truth dear friend.

#1708 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:41 PM

"Is it possible the allergic reaction/asthma attack is what is making me anxious now."

The fact that you are asking the question gives you the answer.

You are clearly thinking it and therefore will be feeding the anxiety.

Sorry to be blunt, but this is the truth dear friend.

No need to be sorry you are correct there. I ve stumbled across something what do you guys know about stressed/anxiety induced gastritis what can I naturally do other than reduce stress to combat this. I don't really want to have to go to the dr for it but I am sure if I cant do something I will. I read about garlic so I am gonna try getting some of those

#1709 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 January 2021 - 09:09 AM

"stressed/anxiety induced gastritis" is exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned stress, cortisol and such in my earlier post. Simple to address; just read the section in the ebook on calming the stomach/intestines. Those tips my not cure it but will help a lot. 

In addition to the stress/cortisol situation please remember that antidepressants control serotonin which is the neurotransmitter that controls digestive activity. Now that the antidepressant is gone your body must learn to regain a balance in the serotonin and that can take some time. 

"Depressed gastric activity" means that everything about your stomach and intestines slows down. It takes longer to digest food, longer to absorb nutrients, longer for food to pass through the digestive system, etc. Think of it as your digestive system in slow motion.

#1710 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 09:50 AM

"stressed/anxiety induced gastritis" is exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned stress, cortisol and such in my earlier post. Simple to address; just read the section in the ebook on calming the stomach/intestines. Those tips my not cure it but will help a lot. 

In addition to the stress/cortisol situation please remember that antidepressants control serotonin which is the neurotransmitter that controls digestive activity. Now that the antidepressant is gone your body must learn to regain a balance in the serotonin and that can take some time. 

"Depressed gastric activity" means that everything about your stomach and intestines slows down. It takes longer to digest food, longer to absorb nutrients, longer for food to pass through the digestive system, etc. Think of it as your digestive system in slow motion.

Can you link me that ebook please I cant seem to find it thank you for helping me here. Last night was rough I ate siracha on my food like I normally do but I had heartburn and slept for about 3 to 4 hours. Is it true with Stresse induced gastritis it doesnt cause inflamation ? Thanks again 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users