Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 January 2021 - 06:52 PM

Stimulants (Make anxiety worse)
Caffeine 
Over-the-counter cold preparations contain phenylpropylamine and pseudoephedrine*
Sleep deprivation
Marijuana*
Magnesium*
MSG
Alcohol
Stress
amphetamines
ecstasy
nicotine
Ginseng
L-Tyrosine 
B Vitamins*
aspartame
Coconut Oil 
Taurine 
DHEA 
Ginkgo 
Iodine 
Arginine
Sugar
Kava
* - Only some people have this reaction.

#1772 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 06:56 PM

One other thing that has been happening I eat  3 small meals a day so I need to eat more because I eat around 6 pm my time and go to bed between 9 and 10 pm 4 am I wake up in a panic and my stomach hurts bad cause I am so hungry.

#1773 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 January 2021 - 08:29 AM

I have had GI issues for most of my life and I used to eat a few times each night. I know follow the guidelines I posted last night and eat 6 times a day in very small amounts and don't eat through the night. My GI issues have been much improved over the 6 year period since making those changes. All bad GI symptoms are relieved BUT I still get hungry during the night and awake with an achy stomach. I guess I will always want to eat during the night but all other symptoms are relieved and weight control has been excellent so I am satisfied. I don't know if this is a typical or not. Maybe you will adapt with time.

#1774 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:04 PM

Has anyone experienced malnourishment. That is how I am feeling at the moment my stool was a lighter brown today that got me worried and My fingernails look very brittle is this normal in Gastritis? What can I do I also have this lump in my throat after eating and excess mucus it feels like in my throat is this all from my GI problem ? I am super emotional today started crying for 10 minutes this morning. I did get myself on the elliptical for 20 minutes because I am hoping exercise will speed up the process. I went to the store with my daughter and noticed one of my nails had a white line forming in it anyone know what that means ? should I be worried I don't want to google it cause I am sure it will make things worse.

#1775 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:07 PM

Also are fiber one bars ok to eat ?

#1776 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:24 PM

Stools tend to get lighter with the use of probiotics and that is usually a good sign that your biome is getting better. 

Fingernails getting brittle is associated with several conditions but none serious. The most common is hypothyroidism or old age. You mentioned the "lump" in your throat. Does it interfere with swallowing?  Can you see any swelling on the outside of your throat? 

I also went through the crying period for several months. Not unusual.

Exercise should be minim al during withdrawal. As exercise increases so does adrenaline and anxiety. Exercise should be very light and for a short duration. Many members have discovered this the hard way over the years. Not a good activity until you settle down.

Most of the time white lines on the nails indicate where your fingers have struck something. When going around the house and you bang a chair or table and within 24 hours a white line appears where the nail hit the item. What most people do not realize is that this can occur with even very minor contact. I have worked in the garden raking and afterward will have a few of these white lines develop. I did not hit anything but my nails had flexed while I applied pressure to the rake. This was enough to generate the white lines. 

I will post shortly about the fiber one bars.

#1777 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:27 PM

Fiber one bars run 20 to 25% sugar. A definite no no.

#1778 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:50 PM

Stools tend to get lighter with the use of probiotics and that is usually a good sign that your biome is getting better. 

Fingernails getting brittle is associated with several conditions but none serious. The most common is hypothyroidism or old age. You mentioned the "lump" in your throat. Does it interfere with swallowing?  Can you see any swelling on the outside of your throat? 

I also went through the crying period for several months. Not unusual.

Exercise should be minim al during withdrawal. As exercise increases so does adrenaline and anxiety. Exercise should be very light and for a short duration. Many members have discovered this the hard way over the years. Not a good activity until you settle down.

Most of the time white lines on the nails indicate where your fingers have struck something. When going around the house and you bang a chair or table and within 24 hours a white line appears where the nail hit the item. What most people do not realize is that this can occur with even very minor contact. I have worked in the garden raking and afterward will have a few of these white lines develop. I did not hit anything but my nails had flexed while I applied pressure to the rake. This was enough to generate the white lines. 

I will post shortly about the fiber one bars.

The lump in my throat I am 90 percent sure is from the acid reflux the other night. On Monday night when I had siracha I am pretty sure my throat is needing to heal I hope at least. I am thinking that may be where the excess mucus is coming from to. My body trying to protect my throat from the acid damage. As far as my nail goes it is one whitish line up and down in the middle of my thumb nail. The reason I got fiber bars was because of the color of my stool I got concerned and it said it could be a sign of lack of fiber. In any case I didnt think about the probiotics if its a sign stuff is working then great. What is another way I can get fiber. So far some of this stuff is helping. I been using a hot pad on my stomach at night trying to keep stress and anxiety to a minnimum I will reduce my workouts by 15 min for now. Thank you for all of the advice . If you have anything else let me know

#1779 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 January 2021 - 02:56 PM

Baby steps but you will get there.

They sell products like Metamucil and Benefiber which are good as long as you can find ones without sugar or aspartame. Aspartame (a artificial sweetener can upset the stomach. Amazon has a few fiber products that are sugar free and no artificial sweeteners but I assume they taste like old socks.  lol

#1780 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 04:03 PM

AJ sorry if my last post sounded harsh at all. That wasn't my intention. I can just sense your fear and anxiety in your posts. Anxiety can manifest physical symptoms. It can definitely cause digestion issues, things like chest tightness or trouble breathing. You can get a lump in your throat, or lose your appetite or feel tired and weak. A whole spectrum of things. There's nothing physically wrong with you and you're not doing anything wrong, it's just a nervous system reaction. But if you react to those symptoms with more fear and anxiety, you just perpetuate more anxiety and so you get more symptoms. Does that make sense? Just try to let things be

#1781 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 January 2021 - 05:25 PM

You know AJ, when I started following those guidelines on controlling my stomach the not drinking anything cold or hot helped. One day I mentioned to my mother-in-law about what I was doing and she said if I really wanted to relax and calm my stomach drink warm water, not hot. Around 80-90F. I started doing that and boy did it ever help. Thank you mother-in-law.

#1782 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 05:44 PM

Ok I have another question I ve lost some weight is this normal with gastritis ? I havent been eating as much cause of my diet and my upset stomach. My friend came over today and the first thing he said was I look like Iost some weight. My mind went to what if I have cancer. I am worried I know in my mind ive been eating less and that can be contributing to this but still how can I know for sure?

#1783 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 05:48 PM

Ive lost 4 pounds this week.

#1784 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 06:35 PM

I had no appetite for weeks after Cymbalta and lost 10 pounds because I only ate yogurt and chicken noodle soup. 

If you don't eat, you lose weight. 

AJ maybe you should talk to a doctor about all of your concerns and they can help put your mind at ease. While FH is extremely helpful, he is not your doctor and doesn't know your medical history. He can't really diagnose you in any way

#1785 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:39 AM

Frog brings up a great point. I am not a doctor and make suggestions based on my experiences with my own issues and what I have seen on this site.

The loss of significant weight is always a red flag to me although weight loss is fairly common when coming off Cymbalta. You really need to maintain your proper diet during this time and see if the weight stabilizes and  consider seeing your dr. That is a lot of weight loss for 1 week.

#1786 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 09:41 AM

I go to the va for my medical stuff and because of covid I cant even see my dr. That is kind of why I've been asking here. Even with this recent deal I called in got  nurse had an appt to talk to my dr which she cancelled and just sent me meds. Its frustrating and adds to my stress. I do know this tho I have been maybe taking in 800 calories  a day the last week and still burning 300 on my workouts  few days plus working which is exercise in itself add the worry and anxiety which burns calories and I think it makes sense. I know its seems silly to come to this forum when I should be able to go the dr. but right now this helps in the immediate. I am adding stuff into my diet like extra bananas to see if I maintain or gain this week.

#1787 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:32 AM

I am familiar with the VA. Said medical care. Definitely increase your calories e for sure. You should be running around 2000 calories give oir take depending on your height. 

#1788 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:37 AM

There in lies my problem tho trying to get those calories in without upsetting my stomach. I decided to eat  bit more cereal this morning now I m paying for it

#1789 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:39 AM

I am familiar with the VA. Said medical care. Definitely increase your calories e for sure. You should be running around 2000 calories give oir take depending on your height. 

I am heading out to the store and thinking of getting some l theanine . anything I should be aware of

#1790 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 January 2021 - 12:12 PM

Be sure it is the suntheanine form. That is pure l-theanine. Those that only say l-theanine usually contain some d-theanine which is less effective. Up to 400 mg per day but most start slow and buildup. Most members wind up around 100 mg 2 or 3 times a day.

#1791 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 January 2021 - 12:17 PM

You may have to snack repeatedly through the day to get enough calories without upsetting your stomach. Also you can look at "bland diets" on the internet. Bland diets are usually recommended for heart patients because they are low salt but the are also easy on the stomach. It might give you some ideas.

#1792 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 06:51 PM

So i bought some pre made protein drinks thinking I know I need to get some protein in me and they upset my stomach I think. before I was taking whey protein last week when I drank it I felt like crap the rest of the night.There must be something in it. I am trying to eat more having plain toast when I can a couple of bananas I found some bars I can tolerate called lara bars. I am hoping I feel better soon. One question I have is I got tested for H pylori a few years back when I had this issue. the biopsy came back negative as well as the blood work. Is it possible to still get it ?

#1793 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 January 2021 - 08:34 AM

Protein is 7 times harder to digest that carbohydrates and often worsen an already disturbed stomach.

H. pylori is a possibility. You can always rake a breath test.

#1794 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:13 AM

Woke up this morning feeling pretty good. Actually felt like I needed to use the bathroom. Then I started to panic the thoughts came racing in what if its black and tarry what if its diareah? All the what ifs ? I used the restroom and it was loose but not black and tarry and was a good color. Sorry if thats gross but to me its a positive. Now I am anxious its just lingers around I started to do this meditation where it teaches you to label Thinking or feeling. I am trying to do that. I took the day off work to try and recover best I can. What I have been taking is probitic right away in the morning. Garlic 500mg before breakfast. apple cider vinegar gummies 500 mg. Before breakfast and a multi vitamin. 2 hours later I take my Adderall 10mg. I take another garlic before dinner. I use a heating pad on my stomach at night after dinner and drink chamomile tea. Am I on the right track you think ?

#1795 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:37 AM

Not a bad start AJ.  How is the gastritis?  Did you get the suntheanine?

#1796 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:34 PM

Not a bad start AJ.  How is the gastritis?  Did you get the suntheanine?

I did not get the suntheanine yet I am on the fence about it I read it could have some bad side effects so trying to sike myself out. The gastritis is getting better as long as I don't eat something that upsets it even when I did like last night the pain and discomfort was short lived. The anxiety from it however lingers I have to remind myself and that I feel this way because of something I ate not because something is seriously wrong. I am hoping that by Friday I am back to somewhat normal being able to eat a normal diet but if not it is what it is. One issue I am struggling with we talked about already caffeine normally I have 1 cup of coffee a day and with a small piece of dark chocolate since all this began haven't been able to do that. i ve been drinking the green tea because I noticed when I don't my anxiety is even worse , however I still get anxious with the green tea its a catch 22 not sure how to get over that one. I ve been thinking of calling the dr about getting zoloft as well. I have decided if I cant get a manageable handle on my anxiety and stomach issues by Friday I will call and ask for a prescription. I am hoping to not have to do this as I am less than a month away from being off my Zoloft and Lamotragine for a year February 8th will be 1 year off both. I know how this all started I know what has caused my physical issues and even though I know I am still skeptical its ridiculous. I was pretty healthy up until a month and a half ago. I worked out every day my anxiety was managed at least wasn't gone but manageable. Then bam allergy attack turns into panic attack the stuck around for a week the panic that turned into anxiety that turned into stomach issues I didn't really notice or worry about at the time then last week the spicy food and up all night and here I am with gastritis and anxiety and panic. I will say tho the panic I had this morning was not a full on panic attack it took a few minutes to talk myself down but it was still there and upset my stomach some. I have an appt with my psychologist on Wed so will be talking with him as well. I know you guys keep saying talk to a dr. But its difficult because of the Covid thing which adds to my anxiety btw cause how can I talk to my dr. if they arent really available. I have to remind myself I can always go to the emergency room if need be. Which is less than a block away. Anyways that is what is going on with me now I just need to accept it and move forward.

#1797 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:23 PM

Well that was an interesting post. If the green tea helps then you need to get started on the Suntheanine asap. The active ingredient in green tea?......L-theanine. Medical research references available on all this. 

By Friday? Probably not. Most times it takes gastric issues around 4 weeks to heal and yours is just beginning to improve. By the way, most members who have had this issue and went to the drs were prescribed Zofran. Most say it helped. Most took it for nausea and upset stomach but it does relax the stomach as well. It should also be mentioned that there are several medical journal articles in the ebook that show it helps with anxiety as well.

#1798 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:19 PM

Well that was an interesting post. If the green tea helps then you need to get started on the Suntheanine asap. The active ingredient in green tea?......L-theanine. Medical research references available on all this. 

By Friday? Probably not. Most times it takes gastric issues around 4 weeks to heal and yours is just beginning to improve. By the way, most members who have had this issue and went to the drs were prescribed Zofran. Most say it helped. Most took it for nausea and upset stomach but it does relax the stomach as well. It should also be mentioned that there are several medical journal articles in the ebook that show it helps with anxiety as well.

I checked walmart online they have l-theanine with suntheanine i will pick some up today and see if that helps. thank you

#1799 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:44 PM

One last thing before I buy. I couldn't find anything if there will be any reaction between my adderall and theanine can you see if  you can find something before I take it. Thank you

#1800 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:25 PM

so the only one walmart had was spring valley 100 mg and says take 1 daily how good is that one I couldn't find suntheanine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users