#1801 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:58 PM

Spring Valley is part L-Theanine and part D- Theanine. It is of poor quality and also contains sodium laurel sulfate which is a suspected cancer causing agent. Not a good choice. 

I am checking on interaction.

#1802 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:01 PM

I found several references to the fact that L-Theanine has similar effects as Adderall and that it is often recommended to be used with Adderall.

#1803 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:09 PM

AJ I'm sorry you're not able to see your doctor. That makes more sense now. I've been very lucky that my whole medical system easily transitioned to video visits. 

The Thinking vs Feeling exercise is a good one. Meditation can be so helpful to create some distance from your thoughts so that you are not overanalyzing each one and progressively making yourself more scared. 

I take suntheanine daily for the past month or two. It has actually helped me quite a bit. I take 100mg in the AM and 100mg in PM. It has made a noticeable difference in my physical anxiety symptoms. My chest tightness and breathing issues are significantly improved and that has helped reduce the mental/emotional anxiety with it. Or maybe the other way around. Chicken or the egg I supposed. I haven't heard of any major negative effects associated with it. Certainly not as many as can come from an SSRI so I think it's worth a try before you go back to Zoloft. I would give it at least a few weeks when you start to see if there's an improvement. 

If you have access to Amazon, this is the kind I get

https://www.amazon.c...50&s=hpc&sr=1-2

#1804 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:29 AM

Right  - had a catch up from the last couple of days...

This lump in the throat - again, I had that very thing all through July and August 2018, and it would not go away. It was all related to anxiety courtesy of my wife's visa and a mess up with my Citalopram. Don't forget that it is not just the outside muscles that constrict when you are tense, there are plenty inside that do the same thing, particuarly in the upper and lower GI which explains a lot of what you are going through. 

At the moment I know my legs are tense and I have to really keep an eye on them to make sure they don't keep going. It is because I have had a lot of work over the weekend again. I just get over one patch and I am in danger of letting go again. There is a lot of self-discipline. But you really do need to start saying to yourself "this is the anxiety". It is phenominal what it can do to once everyday "normal" body functioning. 

Remember the brain is also a muscle. The more you "exercise" it, the easier it will continue this thinking. No different to marathon training, except the training you are doing for your brain is not good!!

I am trying to dial the science down a bit because I worry the more information you are given, the more you will think, whereas the process is very easy in what to do, it is just the doing.

First step is the hardest part. It gets easier from there. Start with just one hour where you will not "research" or ruminate. Then let it out for 15 minutes if you need to. But keep "exercising" these times where you actively STOP your brain from going overboard on this stuff.

#1805 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:43 AM

Found some Theanine at another store from full circle market 200mg I didn't see that other stuff listed on this label trying it now. Slept only for 3 hours last night

#1806 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:21 AM

Can I take the prepezole or whatever with theanine cant find anything on the net 

#1807 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:00 PM

I could not find any interaction either and L-theanine does not react with any of the cyp enzymes that control elimination of medication from the body so you should be alright.

#1808 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:47 PM

had a bad bout of acid reflux this morning due to eating to much. Will cough drops help soothe my sore throat now. Should I be worried 

#1809 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:16 PM

Thanks for putting up with me these last few days. Good advice all around

#1810 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:46 PM

MAYLOX ?

#1811 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:50 PM

I meant to ask about Mylanta I have used it in the past 

#1812 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:50 PM

Cough drops or hard candy can help as they make you swallow a lot and keep the acid down.  Most people just sip on water through the day. Don't feel bad about asking for help. We all went through this and drove people crazy with questions so we understand.

Maalox is OK bit it contains aluminum which some researchers think is linked to Alzheimer's and also magnesium that can cause diarrhea. Again, take it at least 2 hours from other medication. The aluminum issue is still a hot topic of debate by the way.

#1813 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:04 PM

Cough drops or hard candy can help as they make you swallow a lot and keep the acid down.  Most people just sip on water through the day. Don't feel bad about asking for help. We all went through this and drove people crazy with questions so we understand.

Maalox is OK bit it contains aluminum which some researchers think is linked to Alzheimer's and also magnesium that can cause diarrhea. Again, take it at least 2 hours from other medication. The aluminum issue is still a hot topic of debate by the way.

What is something good I can use for this acid indigestion that are safe 

#1814 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:14 PM

One more thing would this be considered Acute Gastritis. 

#1815 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:41 PM

One more thing would this be considered Acute Gastritis. 

Stress and anxiety can cause it in some cases, but it is more likely to be caused by excessive consumption of specific bad diet and/or alcohol. If it is acute, then OTC meds will be fine to get you sorted.

#1816 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:19 PM

One last thing body aches I have all these new body aches I didn't have before is it caused by the inflammation in my stomach or something else? I ended up just buying some tums hoping they will help with this.

#1817 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:58 AM

What is something good I can use for this acid indigestion that are safe 

My choice is food grade calcium carbonate. I buy a 1 lb bag from Amazon. When I need an antacid I place a very small amount (1/6 teaspoon?) in a small vial, add 50 ml of water too it and shake. I drink this. It does an excellent job neutralizing acid in my throat on the way down. My calcium levels are a little low anyway so the extra calcium is a good thing. I prefer calcium over magnesium/aluminum antacids as the have less interference with absorption of other meds and other health issues. Just to be safe I still take it 2 hours from any other meds. 

This is the same chemical used in Tums but without the artifical colors, sugars (or artificial sweeteners) or artificial coloring.

#1818 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:47 AM

Great tip there Hat - will need to remember that...

#1819 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:50 AM

No problem IUN!! Its in the ebook.  

#1820 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:04 PM

Update: My journey so far a month 2 months ago I was doing great exercising everyday eating right etc.. Then I had the panic attack at the end of November beginning of December didn't realize it then but my guts were not happy. I just figured my anxiety is making my tummy hurt Ill be OK. Bad move there. Fast forward to last week my guts finally said hey we need some attention here and here I am. I have been overly anxious lately so my body is weak and tired from being constantly tense. I broke down today and I asked my dr. to reinstate Zoloft for awhile. I start on 50 mg tonight with the option of going up in 3 weeks if I don't see any improvement. Part of me feels like a failure but I was crying in my kitchen this morning pray for God to take this all from me so the decision had to be made. I am glad you are all on this journey with me. I plan to take garlic and probiotics and try and keep myself relaxed for the next few weeks and see where I am then. I am struggling today for sure every time I feel a tinge of not well I think the worst I am hoping the Zoloft will help.

#1821 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:17 PM

Going up once every 3 weeks is a good plan for Zoloft and if you decide to come off it later it is much easier than Cymbalta (I hear that anyway). Don't feel bad AJ. Do what you have to do to survive. Remember that Zoloft causes some digestive issues the first 3 or 4 days of updosing.

#1822 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:55 PM

I tried something a bit different earlier I did progressive muscle relaxation. Once it was over I passed out. I have been so wound up lately no wonder im not sleeping , my stomachs not healing, my anxiety is through the roof. I am gonna do it again before bed and see if I can sleep through the night. One concern I have right now maybe you can help me with Fish and IUN or anyone. I cannot take in 2k calories no matter what I try. I know that I am going to end up losing more weight I am worried about this. I am taking in about 1k to 1200 a day I think if I am lucky right now, however does it make sense that right now I should be ok until I start feeling a bit better. I started eating plain oat meal for a meal with vegetables. Not sure what else I can do here. My dr wasnt concerned so maybe I shouldnt be. I weigh 200 pounds now and I am 5'10. I am guessing if I ever hit 150 I should worry I could stand to lose a few and be ok. Anyways just needed someone to talk to tonight.

#1823 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 January 2021 - 09:15 AM

Progressive muscle relaxation is a long standing technique to help people relax physically. A good safe choice.

I would think your dr is right on this. Just keep working on the calories as you can and don't worry about the weight. if the Zoloft kicks in that will stabilize.

#1824 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 09:51 AM

Progressive muscle relaxation is a long standing technique to help people relax physically. A good safe choice.

I would think your dr is right on this. Just keep working on the calories as you can and don't worry about the weight. if the Zoloft kicks in that will stabilize.

Is it true pantaprozole does more harm than good ?

#1825 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:01 AM

I had not taken it for about 3 or 4 days. I took it yesterday and I did not feel well. with it. Then last night I had acid reflux all night that is new is it from the medicine wearing off. Need some advice on what to do. 

#1826 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:08 AM

"Is it true pantaprozole does more harm than good ?"

Not that I am aware of. I can tell you that I have been told that one you start taking it you should not stop and start again. On again off again usage may cause your body to build tolerance and it effectiveness will decrease. Stopping it can cause what is called rebound heartburn.

#1827 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:23 AM

"Is it true pantaprozole does more harm than good ?"

Not that I am aware of. I can tell you that I have been told that one you start taking it you should not stop and start again. On again off again usage may cause your body to build tolerance and it effectiveness will decrease. Stopping it can cause what is called rebound heartburn.

Ok so I should just take it for a week or 2 

#1828 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:26 AM

Your not a dr. I know this but I took a gas x also and apple cider vinegar gummies and now I just took that pill any reactions I should know about. 

#1829 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:49 PM

Gas-x should not be an issue. The apple cider vinegar should not react with the pantoprazole but remember that supplements like ACV are not tested by the FDA. I could find no references to a reaction between the two.

#1830 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:51 PM

Last night had bad reflux. did  not sleep well at all went to work today and made it till 11 am Then told the boss had to go home. My anxiety was so high at work I though maybe Id come home and rest. Was laying in bed and realized I had to pee then I had to pee again and again and that triggered my panic again. Now I am sitting here just feeling so wound up. I cant seem to get myself to calm down and that is scaring me as well. My stomach was feeling a bit better when I got home until I freaked about frequent urination which is common in high anxiety. I don't know what to do anyomre I am hoping the zoloft kicks in sooner than later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users