2766 replies to this topic

#1741 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 10:45 AM

So I took Pantoprazole today I feel a dull pain in my lower right side could this be a kidney issue should I be worried?

#1742 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:13 PM

So I took Pantoprazole today I feel a dull pain in my lower right side could this be a kidney issue should I be worried?

I did do a lower focus workout yesterday and when I bend over I can feel the pain closer to my waist? I have never had kidney pain before so just looking for help 

#1743 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:43 PM

Probably no kidney pain. Kidney pain usually is in the lower left and/or right part of the back. This is because the kidneys are located against the back wall of the abdominal cavity. 

I have experienced this kind of concern a few times in recent years (at my age though everything hurts at one time or another lol). If doing a couple of the exercises you did yesterday aggravates the pain then it is probably from the exercise. If it is from some kind of kidney issue you will normally see changes in color of your urine, it may become cloudy or develop a bad smell and of course watch for a fever.  

#1744 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 01:02 PM

Probably no kidney pain. Kidney pain usually is in the lower left and/or right part of the back. This is because the kidneys are located against the back wall of the abdominal cavity. 

I have experienced this kind of concern a few times in recent years (at my age though everything hurts at one time or another lol). If doing a couple of the exercises you did yesterday aggravates the pain then it is probably from the exercise. If it is from some kind of kidney issue you will normally see changes in color of your urine, it may become cloudy or develop a bad smell and of course watch for a fever.  

Ok one other issue so i read up on gastris can it still be this if I dont feel anything in my upper abdomen. I feel everything in my lower abdomen area ? 

#1745 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 January 2021 - 01:29 PM

Absolutely. Gastritis often causes lower intestinal pain as the gas moves through the intestines.

#1746 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:29 PM

Absolutely. Gastritis often causes lower intestinal pain as the gas moves through the intestines.

What if I dont have gastritis and my stomach just gets upset cause of being anxious ?

#1747 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:32 PM

So what I think is going on is I had diarrreha after my initial panic attack for a week. Then I had multiple panic episodes throughout december. Is it possible this is my body trying to get back to an efficient biome. I am following the guide on here 

#1748 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:04 PM

The last time this happened I was on zoloft for a year :( I may need to get back on

#1749 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:49 PM

All part of the stress/cortisol issues. Nearly everyone who goes through any withdrawal develops gastritis as a result of the anxiety. You are in a perfectly normal state for what you have been through. If you are taking a good probiotic it should take you about 7 days more or less to see your biome begin to stabilize. I know this is not what you want to hear  but a few members (rare) have had to deal with stomach issues for nearly 2 years. It will pass. 

By the way, when I went through my Cymbalta withdrawal I used small doses of Imodium to calm my stomach. Be careful though, it can cause constipation. For me it only took 1/2 tablet every two or 3 days. More often than that and constipation will raise its ugly head. All of us are a little different though so proceed slowly. Each time I took a 1/2 tablet I would feel better for 4 to 6 hours so it wasn't a cure but did help provide some relief.

The tips from the ebook take a few days to start to kick in so just hang in there. Try  to stay away from the stress, and get in as much relaxation time as you can.

#1750 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:54 PM

All part of the stress/cortisol issues. Nearly everyone who goes through any withdrawal develops gastritis as a result of the anxiety. You are in a perfectly normal state for what you have been through. If you are taking a good probiotic it should take you about 7 days more or less to see your biome begin to stabilize. I know this is not what you want to hear  but a few members (rare) have had to deal with stomach issues for nearly 2 years. It will pass. 

By the way, when I went through my Cymbalta withdrawal I used small doses of Imodium to calm my stomach. Be careful though, it can cause constipation. For me it only took 1/2 tablet every two or 3 days. More often than that and constipation will raise its ugly head. All of us are a little different though so proceed slowly. Each time I took a 1/2 tablet I would feel better for 4 to 6 hours so it wasn't a cure but did help provide some relief.

The tips from the ebook take a few days to start to kick in so just hang in there. Try  to stay away from the stress, and get in as much relaxation time as you can.

I dont like the way the Pantoprazole makes me feel. Could I get away with taking licorice supplaments,garlic, and probiotics instead ?

#1751 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 January 2021 - 06:16 PM

The garlic and probiotics are good. The licorice would depend on what type.

From ebook...

Licorice
Licorice root has been used to treat digestive issues like dyspepsia, heartburn, stomach ulcers, and sore throat for centuries, however, the glycyrrhizin component in licorice root, the root of Glycyrrhiza glabra, can cause health problems. Fortunately, these negative side effects can be avoided. Deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) is available. DGL is a dietary supplement that has had the glycyrrhizin component of licorice removed. It’s a much safer option.
Wendy McLean. Herbal and Nutritional Solutions for Upper Digestive Complaints. Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society. Vol. 24, No. 4, Summer 2018: 264-266.

Deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) soothes the gastrointestinal (GI) tract including the esophagus by increasing mucus production. This increase in mucus builds up the mucous membrane which coats and protects against acid irritation like heartburn and allows for healing of irritated or damaged tissue including ulcers.
Russell Setright. Prevention of Symptoms of Gastric Irritation (GERD) Using Two Herbal Formulas: An Observational Study. Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society. Volume 23 Issue 2 (Winter 2017).

Scientific studies have found DGL to be more effective in treating gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), chronic acid reflux, symptoms than commonly used antacids
Ann Ming Yeh and Brenda Golianu. Integrative Treatment of Reflux and Functional Dyspepsia in Children. Children (Basel). 2014 Sep; 1(2): 119–133.
and
K.R. Raveendra, Jayachandra, V. Srinivasa, K.R. Sushma, J.J. Allan, K.S. Goudar, H.N. Shivaprasad, K. Venkateshwarlu, P. Geetharani, G. Sushma, and A. Agarwal. An Extract of Glycyrrhiza Glabra (GutGard) Alleviates Symptoms of Functional Dyspepsia: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2012;2012:216970.

GutGard is a clinically-studied DGL extract that has been proven to provide relief from dyspepsia and acid reflux
Ann Ming Yeh and Brenda Golianu. Integrative Treatment of Reflux and Functional Dyspepsia in Children. Children (Basel). 2014 Sep; 1(2): 119–133.
and
J. Melzer, W. Rosch, J. Reichling, R. Brignoli, and R. Saller. Meta-analysis: Phytotherapy of Functional Dyspepsia with the Herbal Drug Preparation STW 5 (Iberogast). Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 2004; 20: 1279–1287.
Iberogast by Medical Futures Inc. is a proprietary blend of herbal extracts including DGL that is designed to alleviate heartburn, accelerate gastric emptying, reduce gastric pain and cramping, and gas and bloating.
Iberogast like GutGard in Rhizinate has been clinically proven to relieve dyspepsia and acid reflux

#1752 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 06:38 PM

The garlic and probiotics are good. The licorice would depend on what type.

From ebook...

Licorice
Licorice root has been used to treat digestive issues like dyspepsia, heartburn, stomach ulcers, and sore throat for centuries, however, the glycyrrhizin component in licorice root, the root of Glycyrrhiza glabra, can cause health problems. Fortunately, these negative side effects can be avoided. Deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) is available. DGL is a dietary supplement that has had the glycyrrhizin component of licorice removed. It’s a much safer option.
Wendy McLean. Herbal and Nutritional Solutions for Upper Digestive Complaints. Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society. Vol. 24, No. 4, Summer 2018: 264-266.

Deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) soothes the gastrointestinal (GI) tract including the esophagus by increasing mucus production. This increase in mucus builds up the mucous membrane which coats and protects against acid irritation like heartburn and allows for healing of irritated or damaged tissue including ulcers.
Russell Setright. Prevention of Symptoms of Gastric Irritation (GERD) Using Two Herbal Formulas: An Observational Study. Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society. Volume 23 Issue 2 (Winter 2017).

Scientific studies have found DGL to be more effective in treating gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), chronic acid reflux, symptoms than commonly used antacids
and
K.R. Raveendra, Jayachandra, V. Srinivasa, K.R. Sushma, J.J. Allan, K.S. Goudar, H.N. Shivaprasad, K. Venkateshwarlu, P. Geetharani, G. Sushma, and A. Agarwal. An Extract of Glycyrrhiza Glabra (GutGard) Alleviates Symptoms of Functional Dyspepsia: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2012;2012:216970.

GutGard is a clinically-studied DGL extract that has been proven to provide relief from dyspepsia and acid reflux
and
J. Melzer, W. Rosch, J. Reichling, R. Brignoli, and R. Saller. Meta-analysis: Phytotherapy of Functional Dyspepsia with the Herbal Drug Preparation STW 5 (Iberogast). Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 2004; 20: 1279–1287.
Iberogast by Medical Futures Inc. is a proprietary blend of herbal extracts including DGL that is designed to alleviate heartburn, accelerate gastric emptying, reduce gastric pain and cramping, and gas and bloating.
Iberogast like GutGard in Rhizinate has been clinically proven to relieve dyspepsia and acid reflux

I read the same thing about the possible side effects. I instead bought pro biotics, garlic and a b vitamin complex. I know about the first 2 the last one the b vitamin I have heard can help curb anxiety. is there anything I should worry about with this.

#1753 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:02 PM

"Pantoprazole is an acid reducer. It can interfere with the absorption of other meds (see ebook for details). Do not take it within 2 hours of another medication."

At the very least 2 hours...

Glad you are doing the hourly breathing exercises. Remember that 3 weeks creates a habit, so once you have hit 21 days, you will do it without thinking - a good place to be as it really gets you into a place whereby you can switch your mind off without too much stress.

B vitamins are, for the most part, safe. You can't really go overboard with them unless you take ridiculous amounts. But as I have always said, it is better to get as much of your nutrients through food than pill form. A lack of B vitamin can have an effect on anxiety, but I think the issue is that you are looking for culprits all over the place and the biggest on is the fact that you are being anxious about your anxiety - and we have been there before.

You are focusing far too much on it and I would put god money on it not going anywhere until you start to back off a bit. The human body is an amazing machine and it can take care of itself. If you stop looking for the answers, you may well find that the anxiety goes of its own accord as you have stopped focusing on it.

I did EXACTLY the same, and the above was my issue which finally "set me free" :)

#1754 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:32 PM

but I think the issue is that you are looking for culprits all over the place and the biggest on is the fact that you are being anxious about your anxiety - and we have been there before.

You are focusing far too much on it and I would put god money on it not going anywhere until you start to back off a bit. The human body is an amazing machine and it can take care of itself. If you stop looking for the answers, you may well find that the anxiety goes of its own accord as you have stopped focusing on it.

I did EXACTLY the same, and the above was my issue which finally "set me free" :)

IUN I've been reading James's posts and I just want to echo your statement very much. 

James I can literally HEAR your panic and anxiety through the screen. I urge you to not Google every health symptom and even more importantly to try to distract yourself about focusing on these things in the first place. Every time you get worried that there's something wrong with you you are feeding your anxiety. And when you feed it, it just grows and grows. Think about before this, did you always stop and question every little pain, throat tickle or sneeze? What purpose does Googling really serve except to make you more anxious. I know it SEEMS like it helps you feel more in control but truthfully I think it's really the opposite. 

You've been through a lot with all these panic episodes. When I was going through panic attacks during withdrawal it made me feel like I lost all control of my body, myself, my life. And when the panic attacks started to subside I was still left feeling so on edge about them coming back that I was anxiously looking for signs in every breath, every twitch, every bowel movement. I still do it sometimes! I look forward to a time when I am so distracted that I don't notice this stuff anymore at all. 

With that said Abdominal pain could definitely be related to your digestion. I had terrible diarrhea for months on end when I stopped Cymbalta. I'm ok now and I take fiber pills and 1/4 of an Imodium daily to keep things in check, but occasionally if I eat the wrong thing I get horrible abdominal pain followed by diarrhea. And then the pain is gone after that. If you have had a lot of diarrhea recently it can definitely inflame your intestines and the guts are slow when it comes to healing. So maybe be more gentle. Lay off the spicy foods and alcohol for a little while. You're going to be ok. 

#1755 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 09:17 PM

"Pantoprazole is an acid reducer. It can interfere with the absorption of other meds (see ebook for details). Do not take it within 2 hours of another medication."

At the very least 2 hours...

Glad you are doing the hourly breathing exercises. Remember that 3 weeks creates a habit, so once you have hit 21 days, you will do it without thinking - a good place to be as it really gets you into a place whereby you can switch your mind off without too much stress.

B vitamins are, for the most part, safe. You can't really go overboard with them unless you take ridiculous amounts. But as I have always said, it is better to get as much of your nutrients through food than pill form. A lack of B vitamin can have an effect on anxiety, but I think the issue is that you are looking for culprits all over the place and the biggest on is the fact that you are being anxious about your anxiety - and we have been there before.

IUN I've been reading James's posts and I just want to echo your statement very much. 

James I can literally HEAR your panic and anxiety through the screen. I urge you to not Google every health symptom and even more importantly to try to distract yourself about focusing on these things in the first place. Every time you get worried that there's something wrong with you you are feeding your anxiety. And when you feed it, it just grows and grows. Think about before this, did you always stop and question every little pain, throat tickle or sneeze? What purpose does Googling really serve except to make you more anxious. I know it SEEMS like it helps you feel more in control but truthfully I think it's really the opposite. 

You've been through a lot with all these panic episodes. When I was going through panic attacks during withdrawal it made me feel like I lost all control of my body, myself, my life. And when the panic attacks started to subside I was still left feeling so on edge about them coming back that I was anxiously looking for signs in every breath, every twitch, every bowel movement. I still do it sometimes! I look forward to a time when I am so distracted that I don't notice this stuff anymore at all. 

With that said Abdominal pain could definitely be related to your digestion. I had terrible diarrhea for months on end when I stopped Cymbalta. I'm ok now and I take fiber pills and 1/4 of an Imodium daily to keep things in check, but occasionally if I eat the wrong thing I get horrible abdominal pain followed by diarrhea. And then the pain is gone after that. If you have had a lot of diarrhea recently it can definitely inflame your intestines and the guts are slow when it comes to healing. So maybe be more gentle. Lay off the spicy foods and alcohol for a little while. You're going to be ok. 

Thank you both sometimes a guy needs tough love. You both are right my focus has been on my anxiety lately. Worse is that every sensation sets off the alarm bells in my head before I can catch them sometimes,however I am catching them. I had diarreah bad for about a week beginning of December along with all those panic attacks. Here I am beginning of January and gut is still not healed can it really take that long. That is my biggest issue as well is wanting to feel right as rain right now. I need patience Thank you both again though very helpful and I will work on this.

#1756 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 09:20 AM

One last question the last 3 days I have felt what feels like a lump in my throat like I want to get sick. Is this from the recent heartburn ? Is it part of the Gastritis ? Just looking for some insight here?

#1757 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 January 2021 - 09:51 AM

From what I understand the lump in the throat is typically from two sources. It is due to constriction of the esophagus and is brought on by anxiety and/or acid reflux.

The b vitamins are usually ok except for vitamin b6 where there is currently a tendency for people to think more is better but b 6 accumulates in the body and B6 poisoning is reportedly one of the most common types of poisoning seen in emergency rooms. I personally know of 3 people who have suffered from this condition. Below is some info on the subject.

General;

B6 (pyridoxine) is involved in many aspects of macronutrient metabolism, neurotransmitter synthesis, histamine synthesis, hemoglobin synthesis and function, and gebe expression. It is a factor in the biosynthesis of five important neurotransmitters: serotoniin, dopamine, epinephrine, norepinephrine, and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). The RDA is 1 – 3 mg/day. Doses of pyridoxine in excess of the RDA over long periods of time result in painful and ultimately irreversible neurological problems. There are 7 forms; Pyridoxine (most common), Pyridoxine 5'-phosphate, Pyridoxal, Pyridoxa 5'-phosphate, the metabolically active form (sold as 'P-5-P' vitamin supplement) Pyridoxamine (PM), Pyridoxamine 5'-phosphate (PMP) and 4-Pyridoxic acid (PA). Due to its half life of up to 25 days it is easy to buildup toxic amounts in the blood stream. Vitamin B6 toxicity is on the rise in the USA. 

Vitamin B6 Toxicity

Fenugreek seed extract treats peripheral neuropathy in pyridoxine induced neuropathic mice. Our data showed that fenugreek has anti neuropathic effect and restores the function of nerve fibers
The German Commission E monograph recommends 6 grams per day, which can be taken all at once or divided between three meals. Since most fenugreek capsules are available in either 580 or 610 milligrams, a common dosing scheme would be 2-3 capsules three times a day.

We describe seven adults who had ataxia and severe sensory-nervous-system dysfunction after daily high-level pyridoxine (vitamin B6) consumption. Four were severely disabled; all improved after withdrawal. Weakness was not a feature of this condition, and the central nervous system was clinically spared. Although consumption of large doses of pyridoxine has gained wide public acceptance, this report indicates that it can cause sensory neuropathy or neuronopathy syndromes and that safe guidelines should be established for the use of this widely abused vitamin.

Half-Life is 15 to 24 days.

A newly recognised neurotoxic syndrome due to pyridoxine (B6) overdose is described. It is the largest series of B6 intoxication hitherto reported. A raised serum B6 level was present in 172 women of whom 60% had neurological symptoms, which disappeared when B6 was withdrawn and reappeared in 4 cases when B6 was restarted. The mean dose of B6 in the 103 women with neurological symptoms was 117 +/- 92 mgs, compared with 116.2 +/- 66 mgs in the control group. There was a significant difference (P less than 0.01) in the average duration of ingestion of B6 in the neurotoxic group of 2.9 +/- 1.9 years compared with 1.6 +/- 2.1 years in controls. The symptoms were paraesthesia, hyperaesthesia, bone pains, muscle weakness, numbness and fasciculation, most marked on the extremities and predominantly bilateral unless there was a history of previous trauma to the limb. These women were taking a lower dose of B6 than previously described (1,2), which may account for the complete recovery within 6 months of stopping B6.

50 mg B6 with Mg for anxiety

Magne-B6 (a magnesium lactate/pyridoxine combination), effective. 14 days to start.
A total of four articles were found linking vitamin B6 to the treatment of anxiety and/or depression. 

Supplementation with pyridoxine at doses greater than 50 mg/d for extended duration may be harmful and should be discouraged. 

Thus, the present study confirmed the involvement of GABAergic and NO-sGC-cGMP pathway in the 'anxiolytic-like' effect of pyridoxine (vitamin B6) in mice.

[Peripheral neuropathy with hypervitaminosis B6 caused by self-medication].
Hypervitaminosis B6 remains a possible cause of peripheral neuropathy and it may be caused by self-administration of over-the-counter vitamin-containing drugs.

A case report;

RDA is 1.5 mg/d for women over 50.
My wife's Supplements, without consideration of her dietary intake, was 5 mg/d. 

A spreadsheet based on bioaccumulation showed that her levels after 2 years and 1/2 could have been equal to around the same as a single dose of 550 mg buildup in her body based ona 80% absorption rate.

A spread sheet that considered bioelimination calculated that her blood levels should return to near normal levels within 6 months. This does not give consideration to her diet which has a substantial number of B6 containing vegetables. 

Many of the supplements on Amazon have from 20 to 100 mg/day of Vitamin B6 and with a half life of 15 to 24 days would allow toxic levels to be obtained with continuous use. 

It took her 9 months of a low b vitamin diet to return to normal.

#1758 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:14 PM

From what I understand the lump in the throat is typically from two sources. It is due to constriction of the esophagus and is brought on by anxiety and/or acid reflux.

The b vitamins are usually ok except for vitamin b6 where there is currently a tendency for people to think more is better but b 6 accumulates in the body and B6 poisoning is reportedly one of the most common types of poisoning seen in emergency rooms. I personally know of 3 people who have suffered from this condition. Below is some info on the subject.

General;

B6 (pyridoxine) is involved in many aspects of macronutrient metabolism, neurotransmitter synthesis, histamine synthesis, hemoglobin synthesis and function, and gebe expression. It is a factor in the biosynthesis of five important neurotransmitters: serotoniin, dopamine, epinephrine, norepinephrine, and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). The RDA is 1 – 3 mg/day. Doses of pyridoxine in excess of the RDA over long periods of time result in painful and ultimately irreversible neurological problems. There are 7 forms; Pyridoxine (most common), Pyridoxine 5'-phosphate, Pyridoxal, Pyridoxa 5'-phosphate, the metabolically active form (sold as 'P-5-P' vitamin supplement) Pyridoxamine (PM), Pyridoxamine 5'-phosphate (PMP) and 4-Pyridoxic acid (PA). Due to its half life of up to 25 days it is easy to buildup toxic amounts in the blood stream. Vitamin B6 toxicity is on the rise in the USA. 

Vitamin B6 Toxicity

Fenugreek seed extract treats peripheral neuropathy in pyridoxine induced neuropathic mice. Our data showed that fenugreek has anti neuropathic effect and restores the function of nerve fibers
The German Commission E monograph recommends 6 grams per day, which can be taken all at once or divided between three meals. Since most fenugreek capsules are available in either 580 or 610 milligrams, a common dosing scheme would be 2-3 capsules three times a day.

We describe seven adults who had ataxia and severe sensory-nervous-system dysfunction after daily high-level pyridoxine (vitamin B6) consumption. Four were severely disabled; all improved after withdrawal. Weakness was not a feature of this condition, and the central nervous system was clinically spared. Although consumption of large doses of pyridoxine has gained wide public acceptance, this report indicates that it can cause sensory neuropathy or neuronopathy syndromes and that safe guidelines should be established for the use of this widely abused vitamin.

A newly recognised neurotoxic syndrome due to pyridoxine (B6) overdose is described. It is the largest series of B6 intoxication hitherto reported. A raised serum B6 level was present in 172 women of whom 60% had neurological symptoms, which disappeared when B6 was withdrawn and reappeared in 4 cases when B6 was restarted. The mean dose of B6 in the 103 women with neurological symptoms was 117 +/- 92 mgs, compared with 116.2 +/- 66 mgs in the control group. There was a significant difference (P less than 0.01) in the average duration of ingestion of B6 in the neurotoxic group of 2.9 +/- 1.9 years compared with 1.6 +/- 2.1 years in controls. The symptoms were paraesthesia, hyperaesthesia, bone pains, muscle weakness, numbness and fasciculation, most marked on the extremities and predominantly bilateral unless there was a history of previous trauma to the limb. These women were taking a lower dose of B6 than previously described (1,2), which may account for the complete recovery within 6 months of stopping B6.

50 mg B6 with Mg for anxiety

Magne-B6 (a magnesium lactate/pyridoxine combination), effective. 14 days to start.
A total of four articles were found linking vitamin B6 to the treatment of anxiety and/or depression. 

Supplementation with pyridoxine at doses greater than 50 mg/d for extended duration may be harmful and should be discouraged. 

Thus, the present study confirmed the involvement of GABAergic and NO-sGC-cGMP pathway in the 'anxiolytic-like' effect of pyridoxine (vitamin B6) in mice.

[Peripheral neuropathy with hypervitaminosis B6 caused by self-medication].
Hypervitaminosis B6 remains a possible cause of peripheral neuropathy and it may be caused by self-administration of over-the-counter vitamin-containing drugs.

A case report;

RDA is 1.5 mg/d for women over 50.
My wife's Supplements, without consideration of her dietary intake, was 5 mg/d. 

A spreadsheet based on bioaccumulation showed that her levels after 2 years and 1/2 could have been equal to around the same as a single dose of 550 mg buildup in her body based ona 80% absorption rate.

A spread sheet that considered bioelimination calculated that her blood levels should return to near normal levels within 6 months. This does not give consideration to her diet which has a substantial number of B6 containing vegetables. 

Many of the supplements on Amazon have from 20 to 100 mg/day of Vitamin B6 and with a half life of 15 to 24 days would allow toxic levels to be obtained with continuous use. 

It took her 9 months of a low b vitamin diet to return to normal.

Can you get b vitamins without the 6 in them ?

#1759 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:25 PM

Say I take a b vitamin mix for lets say a week any issue there ?

#1760 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:02 PM

I would say probably not. 

What is the vitamin B6 dose in your supplement?

#1761 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:22 PM

I would say probably not. 

What is the vitamin B6 dose in your supplement?

100 MG

#1762 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:42 PM

WOW that is high. 20 times the recommended daily dose. Remember that it takes around 24 days for 1/2 of a dose to be excreted. I would say 1 every two months would be enough. 

#1763 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:48 PM

WOW that is high. 20 times the recommended daily dose. Remember that it takes around 24 days for 1/2 of a dose to be excreted. I would say 1 every two months would be enough. 

Ok thank you that is super helpful. Today has been a little better 

#1764 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 03:25 PM

and now the depression hits 

#1765 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 January 2021 - 03:43 PM

Nothing like the super rollercoaster of withdrawal.  lol

#1766 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 05:35 PM

Going to use this like a diary. So this morning I was actually feeling pretty well. I took a probiotic came in anxiety was kind of elevated but managable. Then I ate lunch and now has gotten worse through the day. I did figure something out cheese hurts my tummy. Need some advice why is this happening like this?

#1767 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 06:06 PM

https://levium.com/what about this stuff

#1768 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 January 2021 - 06:22 PM

Real cheese is a mixture of oils and proteins and is very slow to digest. This puts a burden on an already inflamed stomach. It is OK in small quantities. Artificial cheese is a different story.

Some processed cheeses contain Carrageenan which makes proteins much harder to digest. Also many contain lactic acid which can be a relatively strong anxiety agent and of course many contain various artificial colors. 

#1769 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 January 2021 - 06:33 PM

Levium contains 

Levium-Supplement-Facts-1.jpg

Details on each ingredient are in the ebook. My main concern is what if your are allergic to one or more of the ingredients or develop side effects from them. You will not know which one caused the bad reaction. I also found the ingredients on several different web pages and each list was different. That is not a good sign.

#1770 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 January 2021 - 06:49 PM

I know you said you were trying to start the stuff recommended in the ebook for your digestive tract but I want to be sire you have the right list.

Upset stomach/Heartburn 
Here is what member and some of my drs have recommended for upset stomachs and heartburn.

1) NEVER drink anything cold or hot. Your stomach is designed to handle room temperature liquids. 
2) Pepto or kao pectate to coat the lining of the stomach and let it calm down. Too much usage can cause constipation or ringing in the ears. 
3) Moderate heat from a heating pad on your stomach.
4) Imodium AD if you have diarrhea or your stomach is churning. A whole tablet for diarrhea is fine but I only recommend a half tablet for stomach churning as too much can cause constipation.
5) Eat smaller meals but more frequently.
6) Ginger for nausea.
7) NO antacids within 2 hours of taking any medicine as they may affect the absorption of that medicine.
8) Peppermint lozenges (or other forms of peppermint) to calm the stomach. peppermint relaxes smooth muscles like what lines the stomach.
9)Avoid foods or drinks that are more likely to cause heartburn, such as rich, spicy, fatty and fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and even some acidic fruits and vegetables.
10) Do not eat late at night or within 2 hours of bedtime.
11) Do not lie flat or bend over soon after eating. (helps with heartburn)
12) Raise the head of your bed. (helps with heartburn)
13) Wear loose-fitting clothing around your stomach.
14) If you are overweight, lose weight.
15) If you smoke, quit smoking.

Additional information

HEARTBURN TREATMENT—
• Immediately drink a large glass of water. This will help wash the HCl back down and dilute it as well.
• Drink some raw potato juice. Whiz up an unpeeled potato and drink it down.
• Do not drink anything caffeinated, for it will irritate the esophagus even more. Caffeine relaxes the sphincter, so stomach contents can move on up. Tobacco smoke also relaxes the sphincter. Estrogens relaxs it also.
• Drinking milk may feel good going down, but it encourages the stomach to secrete more acid.
• Drinks with fizz in them expand the stomach and make it more likely that HCl will come up the food pipe.
• Greasy, fried, and fatty foods sit in the stomach for a long time and increase HCl production. Avoid meat and dairy products.
• Antidepressants and sedatives aggravate heartburn. Aspirin and ibuprofen cause heartburn.
• Antacids only mask the symptoms. 
• Avoid stress, for that increases HCl production also.
• Do not eat within 2½ hours before bedtime. Doing so not only can cause heartburn, but bring on heart attacks also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users