#2011 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 May 2021 - 12:12 PM

Heartburn usually causes an irritated esophagus. It can cause a sore throat, sinus drainage, and constant clearing of the throat.

#2012 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 04:03 PM

Talked to doc she said I really hav enot hing to worry about 

#2013 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 May 2021 - 05:01 PM

You can probably control the heartburn yourself anyway.

#2014 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:46 AM

Sorry for my delay - few issues with the wife here last couple of days and taking a lot of time and attention.

AJ - you are right - this is your health anxiety doing overtime. The omeprazole would be fine for the GI issues if they continue, but you should only use them for a couple of months at the most. They are not a long term. But it should all be passed by then.

I know it is difficult but whenever there is a withdrawal in the mix, you just need to let whatever is happening to happen. 

Our systems are so subjective and whenever a drug is removed, there can be so many things that go on. Bit coincidental that it all happens as soon as you stop your meds. THAT is why it is not going to be cancer or similar. 

Just to add to what Hat said - blood in the stool is a common symptom in many things before cancer is considered. Could be irritation of the stomach lining, ulcer, burst blood vessel in the rectum (from hardened stools)... not underestimating the seriousness of cancer, but one shouldn't jump to conclusions at the sight of blood in the stool. 

#2015 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 08:27 AM

You can probably control the heartburn yourself anyway.

Sorry for my delay - few issues with the wife here last couple of days and taking a lot of time and attention.

AJ - you are right - this is your health anxiety doing overtime. The omeprazole would be fine for the GI issues if they continue, but you should only use them for a couple of months at the most. They are not a long term. But it should all be passed by then.

I know it is difficult but whenever there is a withdrawal in the mix, you just need to let whatever is happening to happen. 

Our systems are so subjective and whenever a drug is removed, there can be so many things that go on. Bit coincidental that it all happens as soon as you stop your meds. THAT is why it is not going to be cancer or similar. 

Just to add to what Hat said - blood in the stool is a common symptom in many things before cancer is considered. Could be irritation of the stomach lining, ulcer, burst blood vessel in the rectum (from hardened stools)... not underestimating the seriousness of cancer, but one shouldn't jump to conclusions at the site of blood in the stool. 

Thank you both and you are right a lot of this is withdrawal if not all. I am greatful for the help and the support you all give you guys are like family to me and I am so blessed I can turn to you both. Lots of love 

#2016 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 04:04 PM

Is it true that anxiety stomach can last indefinetly 

#2017 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 May 2021 - 04:21 PM

Usually stomach issues that come from anxiety fall in the catagory of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). This can last through pne's life but during that time it will fluctuate a lot in the severity of symptoms. Obviously the less stress (physical or mental) one has the less symptoms that usually occur. IBS is very common as we get older as well. In old age our systems are just not as capable as when we were younger. It takes a lot of life style changes to successful manage IBS with little to no medicine. Diet, stress, sleep, ... all play a factor. I developed IBS at an early age and it has taken me close to 40 years to get it pretty well under control. Some people adapt rapidly though. We are all different.

#2018 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 04:27 PM

Usually stomach issues that come from anxiety fall in the catagory of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). This can last through pne's life but during that time it will fluctuate a lot in the severity of symptoms. Obviously the less stress (physical or mental) one has the less symptoms that usually occur. IBS is very common as we get older as well. In old age our systems are just not as capable as when we were younger. It takes a lot of life style changes to successful manage IBS with little to no medicine. Diet, stress, sleep, ... all play a factor. I developed IBS at an early age and it has taken me close to 40 years to get it pretty well under control. Some people adapt rapidly though. We are all different.

I turn 39 next month what are some things I can do to manage how can i Know for sure I have ibs ?

#2019 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 May 2021 - 05:39 PM

This info is basic and is taken frrom the Mayo Clinic website. I have a lot more info on this issue if needed.

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder that affects the large intestine. Signs and symptoms include cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, and diarrhea or constipation, or both. IBS is a chronic condition that you'll need to manage long term.

Only a small number of people with IBS have severe signs and symptoms. Some people can control their symptoms by managing diet, lifestyle and stress. More-severe symptoms can be treated with medication and counseling.

IBS doesn't cause changes in bowel tissue or increase your risk of colorectal cancer.

Symptoms

The signs and symptoms of IBS vary but are usually present for a long time. The most common include:

• Abdominal pain, cramping or bloating that is related to passing a bowel movement
  • Changes in appearance of bowel movement
  • Changes in how often you are having a bowel movement

Other symptoms that are often related include bloating, increased gas or mucus in the stool.

Causes

The precise cause of IBS isn't known. Factors that appear to play a role include:

• Muscle contractions in the intestine. The walls of the intestines are lined with layers of muscle that contract as they move food through your digestive tract. Contractions that are stronger and last longer than normal can cause gas, bloating and diarrhea. Weak intestinal contractions can slow food passage and lead to hard, dry stools.
  • Nervous system. Abnormalities in the nerves in your digestive system may cause you to experience greater than normal discomfort when your abdomen stretches from gas or stool. Poorly coordinated signals between the brain and the intestines can cause your body to overreact to changes that normally occur in the digestive process, resulting in pain, diarrhea or constipation.
  • Severe infection. IBS can develop after a severe bout of diarrhea (gastroenteritis) caused by bacteria or a virus. IBS might also be associated with a surplus of bacteria in the intestines (bacterial overgrowth).
  • Early life stress. People exposed to stressful events, especially in childhood, tend to have more symptoms of IBS.
  • Changes in gut microbes. Examples include changes in bacteria, fungi and viruses, which normally reside in the intestines and play a key role in health. Research indicates that the microbes in people with IBS might differ from those in healthy people.

Triggers

Symptoms of IBS can be triggered by:

• Food. The role of food allergy or intolerance in IBS isn't fully understood. A true food allergy rarely causes IBS. But many people have worse IBS symptoms when they eat or drink certain foods or beverages, including wheat, dairy products, citrus fruits, beans, cabbage, milk and carbonated drinks.
  • Stress. Most people with IBS experience worse or more-frequent signs and symptoms during periods of increased stress. But while stress may aggravate symptoms, it doesn't cause them.

Risk factors

Many people have occasional signs and symptoms of IBS. But you're more likely to have the syndrome if you:

• Are young. IBS occurs more frequently in people under age 50.
  • Are female. In the United States, IBS is more common among women. Estrogen therapy before or after menopause also is a risk factor for IBS.
  • Have a family history of IBS. Genes may play a role, as may shared factors in a family's environment or a combination of genes and environment.
  • Have anxiety, depression or other mental health issues. A history of sexual, physical or emotional abuse also might be a risk factor.

Treatment

Treatment of IBS focuses on relieving symptoms so that you can live as normally as possible.

Mild signs and symptoms can often be controlled by managing stress and by making changes in your diet and lifestyle. Try to:

• Avoid foods that trigger your symptoms
  • Eat high-fiber foods
  • Drink plenty of fluids
  • Exercise regularly
  • Get enough sleep

Your doctor might suggest that you eliminate from your diet:

• High-gas foods. If you experience bloating or gas, you might avoid items such as carbonated and alcoholic beverages and certain foods that may lead to increased gas.
  • Gluten. Research shows that some people with IBS report improvement in diarrhea symptoms if they stop eating gluten (wheat, barley and rye) even if they don't have celiac disease.
  • FODMAPs. Some people are sensitive to certain carbohydrates such as fructose, fructans, lactose and others, known as FODMAPs — fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides and polyols. FODMAPs are found in certain grains, vegetables, fruits and dairy products.

A dietitian can help you with these diet changes.

If your problems are moderate or severe, your doctor might suggest counseling — especially if you have depression or if stress tends to worsen your symptoms.

In addition, based on your symptoms your doctor might suggest medications such as:

• Fiber supplements. Taking a supplement such as psyllium (Metamucil) with fluids may help control constipation.
  • Laxatives. If fiber doesn't help constipation, your doctor may recommend over-the-counter laxatives, such as magnesium hydroxide oral (Phillips' Milk of Magnesia) or polyethylene glycol (Miralax).
  • Anti-diarrheal medications. Over-the-counter medications, such as loperamide (Imodium A-D), can help control diarrhea. Your doctor might also prescribe a bile acid binder, such as cholestyramine (Prevalite), colestipol (Colestid) or colesevelam (Welchol). Bile acid binders can cause bloating.
  • Anticholinergic medications. Medications such as dicyclomine (Bentyl) can help relieve painful bowel spasms. They are sometimes prescribed for people who have bouts of diarrhea. These medications are generally safe but can cause constipation, dry mouth and blurred vision.
  • Tricyclic antidepressants. This type of medication can help relieve depression as well as inhibit the activity of neurons that control the intestines to help reduce pain. If you have diarrhea and abdominal pain without depression, your doctor may suggest a lower than normal dose of imipramine (Tofranil), desipramine (Norpramin) or nortriptyline (Pamelor). Side effects — which might be reduced if you take the medication at bedtime — can include drowsiness, blurred vision, dizziness and dry mouth.
  • SSRI antidepressants. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressants, such as fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem) or paroxetine (Paxil), may help if you are depressed and have pain and constipation.
  • Pain medications. Pregabalin (Lyrica) or gabapentin (Neurontin) might ease severe pain or bloating. 

Medications specifically for IBS

Medications approved for certain people with IBS include:

• Alosetron (Lotronex). Alosetron is designed to relax the colon and slow the movement of waste through the lower bowel. Alosetron can be prescribed only by doctors enrolled in a special program, is intended for severe cases of diarrhea-predominant IBS in women who haven't responded to other treatments, and isn't approved for use by men. It has been linked to rare but important side effects, so it should only be considered when other treatments aren't successful.
  • Eluxadoline (Viberzi). Eluxadoline can ease diarrhea by reducing muscle contractions and fluid secretion in the intestine, and increasing muscle tone in the rectum. Side effects can include nausea, abdominal pain and mild constipation. Eluxadoline has also been associated with pancreatitis, which can be serious and more common in certain individuals.
  • Rifaximin (Xifaxan). This antibiotic can decrease bacterial overgrowth and diarrhea.
  • Lubiprostone (Amitiza). Lubiprostone can increase fluid secretion in your small intestine to help with the passage of stool. It's approved for women who have IBS with constipation, and is generally prescribed only for women with severe symptoms that haven't responded to other treatments.
  • Linaclotide (Linzess). Linaclotide also can increase fluid secretion in your small intestine to help you pass stool. Linaclotide can cause diarrhea, but taking the medication 30 to 60 minutes before eating might help.  

Lifestyle and home remedies

Simple changes in your diet and lifestyle often provide relief from IBS. Your body will need time to respond to these changes. Try to:

• Experiment with fiber. Fiber helps reduce constipation but also can worsen gas and cramping. Try slowly increasing the amount of fiber in your diet over a period of weeks with foods such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables and beans. A fiber supplement might cause less gas and bloating than fiber-rich foods.
  • Avoid problem foods. Eliminate foods that trigger your symptoms.
  • Eat at regular times. Don't skip meals, and try to eat at about the same time each day to help regulate bowel function. If you have diarrhea, you may find that eating small, frequent meals makes you feel better. But if you're constipated, eating larger amounts of high-fiber foods may help move food through your intestines.
  • Exercise regularly. Exercise helps relieve depression and stress, stimulates normal contractions of your intestines, and can help you feel better about yourself. Ask your doctor about an exercise program.  

Alternative medicine

The role of alternative therapies in relieving IBS symptoms is unclear. Ask your doctor before starting any of these treatments. Alternative therapies include:

• Hypnosis. A trained professional teaches you how to enter a relaxed state and then guides you in relaxing your abdominal muscles. Hypnosis may reduce abdominal pain and bloating. Several studies support the long-term effectiveness of hypnosis for IBS.
  • Peppermint. Studies show that, in people who have IBS with diarrhea, a specially coated tablet that slowly releases peppermint oil in the small intestine (enteric-coated peppermint oil) eases bloating, urgency, abdominal pain and pain while passing stool.
  • Probiotics. Probiotics are "good" bacteria that normally live in your intestines and are found in certain foods, such as yogurt, and in dietary supplements. Recent studies suggest that certain probiotics may relieve IBS symptoms, such as abdominal pain, bloating and diarrhea.
  • Stress reduction. Yoga or meditation can help relieve stress. You can take classes or practice at home using books or videos.

#2020 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 09:59 AM

I have some time today to talk about my world right now. Ever since getting out in March I still have had crazy bouts of anxiety wether it be about health, Covid or anything in general. I try to remind myself I had a complete nervous breakdown in January its been less than 6 months and cant expect recovery so quickly. Some days are better than others. It used to be some whole days I would have a good day then maybe the next day it would go down. lately its been ok for a few hours then bad the rest of the day.I wonder if this is part of the recovery process. I still question the sprititual world I have become more skeptical more rigid. I am leaning to not really thinking there is anythig after this and therefore no real point to life. I am so tired of the anxiety. I am just tired in general I cant seem to relax and I am not sure what to do anymore. 

#2021 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 May 2021 - 12:08 PM

Unluckily the only thing to do is to wait. During this time of healing it is best not to make chamges to meds and supplements unless necessary. Keep a log of how many hours a day you feel good and at the end of each month total up the numbers. You should see a slow steady improvement. When thinking about how you feel it can be nearly impossiblke to see the improvements. 

#2022 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 May 2021 - 06:29 PM

That is a tough situation to be in, but your existential issues have always been there, and they will be the first to test you. Depression and anxiety go for your weakest points every time because that is the quickest path to get you thinking the way it would have you.

No-one can talk you around this one, it will come from within, as I have said before. Faith needs no evidence, and you are seeking evidence. This is a battle that cannot be won.

This is where I agree whole-heartedly with my brother above - unluckily (and it is just that), the only thing to do is wait.

Here for you though, regardless - any time, any day. Keep your presence here and speak your mind.

Much love.

#2023 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 10:54 AM

The stretches of doing good are getting more often and starting to feel a little like my old self a little at a time. Time is everything I remember something you both said years ago dont try and make any major decisions right now so thats what I am doing with the Existential stuff not making any decisions on what I believe until I am better. 

#2024 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 08:09 AM

Depression hitting hard this morning been thinking sometimes not that I am going to but sometimes just ending it since I am gonna go anyways might as well be on my own terms. Not that I am going to but some of the thoughts I get 

#2025 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 09:57 AM

Has anyone experienced dizzyness when taking zoloft 

#2026 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 June 2021 - 11:03 AM

4.7% of the people who take Zoloft report dizziness as a side effect. You should check your blood pressure during ba couple of these dizziness episodes as antidepressants can lower blood pressure and that would cause dizziness.

You might also keep a record for a few days as to what time of day these dizzy episodes occur in relationship to when you take the Zoloft.

#2027 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 11:48 AM

They happen about an hour to hour and a half after taking Zoloft. I dont have a way to take my bp. The last time I took it it was something like 115/68 or something like that I know top number was 115 

#2028 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 June 2021 - 01:03 PM

If that is happening consistantly then you can probably avoid this effect bu splitting the dose. For example, if you take 100 mg at 8 AM then take 50 mg at 8 AM and 50 mg at 8 PM. 

#2029 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 02:06 PM

I think i might be dying 

#2030 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 June 2021 - 03:30 PM

Any particular reason?

#2031 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 04:10 PM

Dizzyness been getting these headaches like in my eyes and top of my head down my neck 

#2032 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 June 2021 - 05:00 PM

Dizziness maybe Zoloft BUT head/eye aches not so much. Go get a drs opinion.

#2033 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 05:12 PM

I will try to I know headaches are a withdrawal symptom. Also I go from 80 degrees to 68 throughout the day I wonder if that could cause it and finally I wonder if its just my neck getting stiff. 

#2034 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 June 2021 - 05:23 AM

Hi AJ....

You really have my sympathy and in no way will I or can I, play down what you are feeling. When I tried to stop Citalopram under my doctors "guidance" of taking 2 weeks to come off 11 years of dosing, I had the worst health anxiety I could ever imagine. I even started to think that my brain wasn't controlling my breathing anymore and if I forgot I would die. This is how warped these thoughts can be. But in the moment, it all makes perfect sense. But why do you think scientists make such a big thing about placebo? It is because the brain CAN and WILL make you feel wrong. 

It can never get you to a dangerous point, but it will make you feel these things. Put simply - you worry, you get tense, your neck gets stiff, you get pains and headaches. It is logical progression. This has all occurred because of your anxiety. FACT.

You are having good and bad days as I read, but treat the bad days as being symptomatic. Just like you get a flu - you need to have a day in bed. You know it is the virus causing it and you accept what is going on knowing it isn't your forever. So when these thoughts come, think the same. I am having a "brain flu" :)

Take care my friend.

#2035 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:23 AM

I noticed something today I go outside and walk and its really hot and bright out my eyes start hurting and then I get a tension type pain in my head and eyes and i get lightheaded could this be the reason why. ?

#2036 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 June 2021 - 01:22 PM

To many variables for me to say. Stress, medicine side effects, blood pressure....?

#2037 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 09:07 AM

so had a realization its not dizzyness or light headeness its uneasyness its anxiety plain and simple anxiety. Also realized because I feel uneasy I automatically think theres something wrong with my body when in reality I am just anxious and i am gonna be this way for another few weeks best I can do is eat right rest and do a little walking here an there then see what i am like in a few weeks. thanks guys for the support love you guys and I appreciate you putting up with me. on a side note been having some sexual dysfunction not able to finish not to be to personal but known you guys long enough could this be anxiety 

#2038 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 June 2021 - 01:42 PM

That is a right approach AJ/

It is probably from the withdrawal as ED is very common when withdrawing from any of the psych meds. It should return to normal within a couple of months after the withdrtawal fades.

#2039 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 June 2021 - 06:17 AM

Absolutely the right approach as Hat says.

I am not ashamed to say I had the same "not finishing" sexual dysfunction too - is very unsettling, let alone frustrating.

If you maintain this train of thought about your anxiety and the associated symptoms, you WILL find improvement as the stress you add to yourself when the symptoms come about just compounds the problem and makes it more difficult to break free.

When people ask me about this I ask if they have seen the first Harry Potter movie (philosophers stone) where Ronald get stuck in the devil's snare (the big ivy type plant stuff), his friends say he needs to relax to be let go whilst he is being strangled by this plant.Trying to relax whilst in the grip of such things seems counter-intuitive, but it is a skill that takes time to develop.

#2040 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 02:52 PM

Absolutely the right approach as Hat says.

I am not ashamed to say I had the same "not finishing" sexual dysfunction too - is very unsettling, let alone frustrating.

If you maintain this train of thought about your anxiety and the associated symptoms, you WILL find improvement as the stress you add to yourself when the symptoms come about just compounds the problem and makes it more difficult to break free.

When people ask me about this I ask if they have seen the first Harry Potter movie (philosophers stone) where Ronald get stuck in the devil's snare (the big ivy type plant stuff), his friends say he needs to relax to be let go whilst he is being strangled by this plant.Trying to relax whilst in the grip of such things seems counter-intuitive, but it is a skill that takes time to develop.

Very true was gonna ask has anyone had luck with ecitalopram my dr at my last visit suggested it so that I wouldn't the flat feeling from zoloft. Been struggling last 2 days cause I feel like I have been urinating a lot more and feel like my pelvic area is sore like muscle tension there feel like I have to have a bowel movement urinate I don't know if its just from being anxious not sure what to do here. I feel full lately as well like I am not really hungry I still eat cause I know I am supposed too. anyways any advice is welcomed as usual how long is gonna be this way do you think this will be the rest of my life ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users