#2461 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 September 2022 - 05:30 PM

"I learned I am a classic people pleaser trying to be everybodies hero Working on it now to find better ways of dealing with people and the stuff that they want done. What is in my scope and whats not. "

That is exactly what a therapist would advise. Remember the word "No" does not mean you don't care or want to help. You can't do everything.

#2462 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:56 PM

This is such a difficult set of circumstances to adopt. 

I 100% agree with Hat in stating that that it does not mean that you do not want to help, nor that you do not want to help to help.

This is going to be VERY VERY difficult for me to admit and it has taken me a long time to admit to the forum, let alone Hat (and Hat I am sorry).

I have have been facing difficulty with drink. I am so embarrassed, i have kept it quiet. Between 8-10 units a days, I feel so bad to admit it, but I have to admit it here before anywhere else. I have only be been battling with it for 6 months, but even that is too long. I have sworn to quit and am already reduced to 50%. 

What I want to tell you is that no-one is perfect. The stress with my wife and the Home Office and the NHS has pushed me so far over the edge that I cannot take it any more.

But with God on my side, he will see me right. I have a lot of love to spread before my time here is over. Take the same lesson Chris. 

You are an amazing person. You have got me to the point that I have admitted something that I have kept hidden for 8 months. 

Let us do this together brother. We can make a change. Life is never easy.

Hat - I want to apologise for not letting you know. I was so embarrassed by my circumstances. But you now that my faith will see me though this. I ask for your prayers to get me over this last hurdle. I want to spread the love of God as much as I can.

Bless you both.

#2463 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 October 2022 - 05:59 PM

Oh, IUN, No reason to apologize. We all have our demons that we have to fight (Notice that is plural). The ONLY thing that matters is that we fight them together. The truth will set you free. If the fact you have an alcohol problem causes someone to be offended or angry then THEY have a problem and you don't need them in your life. 

As always, prayers and best wishes.

#2464 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 October 2022 - 02:04 PM

Hat - your reply bought me to tears. 

It is the love of yourself and Chris that keep me going. We have a number of charities to help people like me get to where we need to be, but I know I have God on my side, I know that I will get through this and I will be able to help those that have gone through that which I have.

Life can be tough. No question, but all we can get through in this life will see us clear when we pass through to the next life.

I can't thank you enough for your support. I want to spread as much love to as many people as possible in my time as is possible.

May God give me the best opportunity to help those in need of help.

#2465 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:19 PM

Oh, IUN, No reason to apologize. We all have our demons that we have to fight (Notice that is plural). The ONLY thing that matters is that we fight them together. The truth will set you free. If the fact you have an alcohol problem causes someone to be offended or angry then THEY have a problem and you don't need them in your life. 

As always, prayers and best wishes.

This is such a difficult set of circumstances to adopt. 

I 100% agree with Hat in stating that that it does not mean that you do not want to help, nor that you do not want to help to help.

This is going to be VERY VERY difficult for me to admit and it has taken me a long time to admit to the forum, let alone Hat (and Hat I am sorry).

I have have been facing difficulty with drink. I am so embarrassed, i have kept it quiet. Between 8-10 units a days, I feel so bad to admit it, but I have to admit it here before anywhere else. I have only be been battling with it for 6 months, but even that is too long. I have sworn to quit and am already reduced to 50%. 

What I want to tell you is that no-one is perfect. The stress with my wife and the Home Office and the NHS has pushed me so far over the edge that I cannot take it any more.

But with God on my side, he will see me right. I have a lot of love to spread before my time here is over. Take the same lesson Chris. 

You are an amazing person. You have got me to the point that I have admitted something that I have kept hidden for 8 months. 

Let us do this together brother. We can make a change. Life is never easy.

Hat - I want to apologise for not letting you know. I was so embarrassed by my circumstances. But you now that my faith will see me though this. I ask for your prayers to get me over this last hurdle. I want to spread the love of God as much as I can.

Bless you both.

Hat - your reply bought me to tears. 

It is the love of yourself and Chris that keep me going. We have a number of charities to help people like me get to where we need to be, but I know I have God on my side, I know that I will get through this and I will be able to help those that have gone through that which I have.

Life can be tough. No question, but all we can get through in this life will see us clear when we pass through to the next life.

I can't thank you enough for your support. I want to spread as much love to as many people as possible in my time as is possible.

May God give me the best opportunity to help those in need of help.

I can say I have also battled with alcohol to this day I do not drink hard liquor because I cant control myself. I understand it bud and you can beat this I know you can. You are stronger than you know you are. I recently myself had a few beers and regretted it afterwards but life as getting hard and that was how I coped. I am here for you my friend anytime. 

#2466 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:50 PM

Thank you so much AJ - it is good to know that you are with me with me in this.

It means more that I can say....

#2467 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 08 October 2022 - 12:11 PM

I have been trying something I used to do. Its hypnosis from uncommon knowledge my goal has been to do 1 20 minute hypnosis a day for a week on death anxiety. Then I want to move onto fear and anxiety. Has anyone tried anything like this? I am hoping to see some results so far I feel a bit more relaxed in my skin, however my mind still races to the what ifs a lot. Anyways I hope you all are doing well as the world shifts into the crazyness it has Lots of love

Chris

#2468 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 October 2022 - 04:26 PM

I remember some members tried hypnosis to control anxiety but not for death anxiety specifically.

#2469 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 October 2022 - 05:04 PM

Hi AJ,

I wish we could live closer and we could speak about this.

I spend a lot of my early life with exactly the same as you about death anxiety. Eternity in a box and all that jazz.

We would speak until the sun rises about it all and I am sure that we could have you thinking differently soon enough. With anxiety, you could just as easily turn around and say that it was the hypnosis that made you think that way, and you are back to square one. I don't want to put that thought into your head, but it would be there eventually as you are a clever chap.

You need some knowledge. It is belief that you need, not faith. No disrespect to those who speak of "faith", but the definition of faith is a true hope of something that is not clearly known. 

There is knowledge that IS clearly known that people have been to the other side. I have personally seen and witnessed things that are simple not possible without the intervention of some means of deity,

I have far too many things that I could tell you, but if you remember Gail from the forum here? She said that when she passed away she would send me a sign as a feather. I wasn't even thinking about it when one day at the gas station, I popped the cap for the gas filler, and there it was. A feather about 3in long. The is not a chance that it could have got in there as the cap is locked and sealed. It simply not have got in there. 

There is NO DOUBT in my mind that this was Gail telling me she was alive and well in Heaven.... and I am a scientist. I question everything. She has sent me a lot more signs since when I have been at my lowest times. 

It is when you stop looking for them that you find them. You are so hell-bent on finding reasons NOT to believe, that you will prevent yourself from seeing the signs.. 

They are there - and Gail is waiting for me (and Hat, LDN and the rest of us) in the Other Side.

We are spiritual beings living a human existence. That is all there is to it. I am more than convinced.

#2470 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 10:10 AM

Hi AJ,

I wish we could live closer and we could speak about this.

I spend a lot of my early life with exactly the same as you about death anxiety. Eternity in a box and all that jazz.

We would speak until the sun rises about it all and I am sure that we could have you thinking differently soon enough. With anxiety, you could just as easily turn around and say that it was the hypnosis that made you think that way, and you are back to square one. I don't want to put that thought into your head, but it would be there eventually as you are a clever chap.

You need some knowledge. It is belief that you need, not faith. No disrespect to those who speak of "faith", but the definition of faith is a true hope of something that is not clearly known. 

There is knowledge that IS clearly known that people have been to the other side. I have personally seen and witnessed things that are simple not possible without the intervention of some means of deity,

I have far too many things that I could tell you, but if you remember Gail from the forum here? She said that when she passed away she would send me a sign as a feather. I wasn't even thinking about it when one day at the gas station, I popped the cap for the gas filler, and there it was. A feather about 3in long. The is not a chance that it could have got in there as the cap is locked and sealed. It simply not have got in there. 

There is NO DOUBT in my mind that this was Gail telling me she was alive and well in Heaven.... and I am a scientist. I question everything. She has sent me a lot more signs since when I have been at my lowest times. 

It is when you stop looking for them that you find them. You are so hell-bent on finding reasons NOT to believe, that you will prevent yourself from seeing the signs.. 

They are there - and Gail is waiting for me (and Hat, LDN and the rest of us) in the Other Side.

We are spiritual beings living a human existence. That is all there is to it. I am more than convinced.

Amazing i shared that story with my wife. 

#2471 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 October 2022 - 07:09 PM

Wonderful - happy to hear it. It is truly amazing how it happened. I will never forget how it happened. 

Gail had so much belief , she was determine to stick it out to show people that it was possible to have a rod in your back, another rod in your arm - be in chronic pain most of the time and wake up every morning with suicidal depression, yet still carry on.

She had the option of assisted suicide if she wanted, but she wouldn't and because of that, both LDN and myself feel we will always honour her by staying here for all other people that we can tell these stories too....

#2472 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 October 2022 - 07:23 AM

Amen

#2473 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 03:13 PM

My goal is to ween off zoloft at the end of the month trying to go down slowly and smoothly and hope that it sticks this time

#2474 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 October 2022 - 04:02 PM

FYI

Been weaning off 150 mg Zoloft since April 9th of this year. Down to 131 mg and no withdrawal yet. Slow but it will get there.

#2475 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 04:48 PM

FYI

Been weaning off 150 mg Zoloft since April 9th of this year. Down to 131 mg and no withdrawal yet. Slow but it will get there.

Very cool i thought you said that you were. I am on 50 so im sure he is going to go to 25 mg then to cut those in half but we will see any advice on 50 

#2476 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 05:06 PM

lots of crazy ups and downs lately mostly brought on by work stress but hanging in there 

#2477 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 04:24 PM

Got my taper going from 50 to 37.5 for 5 days then to 25 for 5 days then to 17.5 for 7 days then done is that quick I dont know wish me luck love to all 

#2478 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 November 2022 - 01:54 PM

Way too fast. A wean off of 50 mg Zoloft usually takes 1 year or a little longer. The withdrawal involves a lot of stomach and intestinal issues. Nausea, gas, diarrhea and stomach pain as well as anxiety. It has taken me 7 months to wean off 20 mg with minimal digestive issues.

#2479 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 02:29 PM

Way too fast. A wean off of 50 mg Zoloft usually takes 1 year or a little longer. The withdrawal involves a lot of stomach and intestinal issues. Nausea, gas, diarrhea and stomach pain as well as anxiety. It has taken me 7 months to wean off 20 mg with minimal digestive issues.

Thanks hat for the insight i will be speaking with my dr. 

#2480 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 05:06 PM

Could not get ahold of dr but decided to start taper anyway and see how I do so far I am ok its only been 2 days. While I was with my dr I asked about taking some vitamins but I was concerned about wether I was actually deficient so i asked for a blood test. dr ordered a complete work up everything look good so far except they said my bad cholesterol was at 116 slightly elevated anyone have insigt on this is something that should keep me up worrying about or what should or can i do. 

#2481 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 November 2022 - 06:02 AM

Bad cholesterol at 116? Not an issue. You should easily be able to bring this down by simple diet changes. Anything over 130 is considered high by most drs here. i know a lot of people who would love to have a ldl value of 116.

#2482 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 10:32 AM

Bad cholesterol at 116? Not an issue. You should easily be able to bring this down by simple diet changes. Anything over 130 is considered high by most drs here. i know a lot of people who would love to have a ldl value of 116.

Thanks hat I appreciate you my friend only thing ive noticed so far with the decrease is bouts of dizzyness but not much else 

#2483 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 12:14 PM

https://bmjopen.bmj....ent/6/6/e010401

found this article interesting this is from 2016 but there was a recent one done in 2022 here as well 

#2484 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 November 2022 - 06:53 PM

Interesting. i seen a lot of studies that state the opposite too.

Good article AJ.

#2485 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 08:35 AM

Interesting. i seen a lot of studies that state the opposite too.

Good article AJ.

i am confused by your wording are you saying youve seen studies like this one or the opposite of this one lol. Sorry did the second drop on the zoloft down to 25 i am journaling my symptoms to be sure i dont spiral. i have noticed a slight uptick in anxiety and some intrusive thoughts , however i am able to handle them. I am looking to the future and that helps. No digestive issues thank God. I am down to the 25 mg for 5 days. Hope all is well my friends have not heard from IUN in awhile I hope he is well. God bless

#2486 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 November 2022 - 03:53 PM

I have seen studies with the opposite results.

Your results on the Zoloft wean is very encouraging. It usually takes about 4 or 5 days for me to see the withdrawal effects. I will keep my fingers crossed.

#2487 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 11:10 AM

Well now some depression has hit I am ok and realize its a side effect of coming off the meds does not make it any less difficult 

#2488 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 November 2022 - 12:26 PM

How many days has it been since your last drop?

#2489 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 05:57 PM

How many days has it been since your last drop?

I am on my last drop now for the next 7 days My last drop was 5 days ago 

#2490 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 November 2022 - 07:11 AM

That is about right on the timing. 

Hang in there sir. You can make it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic