#2611 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 June 2023 - 05:46 AM

Well i have to admit that my withdrawal from Zoloft has been put on hold due to some other issues that have come up. Before I suspended weaning I was dropping 0.17% every week in order to avoid withdrawal symptoms. I know that is really slow but I found that any faster just cost me to pay a price. I found that the symptoms were the same as the Cymbalta withdrawal but less intense. Of course I am on a much larger dose than you as well.

#2612 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 28 June 2023 - 10:11 AM

Well i have to admit that my withdrawal from Zoloft has been put on hold due to some other issues that have come up. Before I suspended weaning I was dropping 0.17% every week in order to avoid withdrawal symptoms. I know that is really slow but I found that any faster just cost me to pay a price. I found that the symptoms were the same as the Cymbalta withdrawal but less intense. Of course I am on a much larger dose than you as well.

So far I feel just run down and tired. Not to much anxiety or depression a bit dizzy at times. It is only day 2 can you possibly compile a list of symptoms/issues I may notice as I come down and level out?

If you have time. 

thanks 

#2613 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 June 2023 - 12:15 PM

Dizziness

Anxiety

Irritable

Very sensitive to any stressors

Most common is upset stomach, gas, bloating, and heartburn.

because of the stomach issues sleep deteriorates and nightmares increase.

#2614 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 28 June 2023 - 03:27 PM

Dizziness

Anxiety

Irritable

Very sensitive to any stressors

Most common is upset stomach, gas, bloating, and heartburn.

because of the stomach issues sleep deteriorates and nightmares increase.

Experiencing some of these already but good to know and what to look out for just pretty exhausted atm 

#2615 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 June 2023 - 04:26 PM

Well i have to admit that my withdrawal from Zoloft has been put on hold due to some other issues that have come up. 

Sorry to hear that, Hat. Thoughts and prayers are with you for your circumstances.

AJ - sounds like you are doing quite well. Just keep on track, listed to your body and whatever you do, avoid all stressful circumstances as much as you can. I know that hasn't been easy lately, but you are strong and you will come through this.

#2616 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 03 July 2023 - 11:03 AM

Had my first bout of anxiety this morning trying to relax and calm down now. Definetly feeling the effects of the drop mostly in mood 

#2617 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 July 2023 - 05:14 PM

As you already know, slow and steady wins the race.

#2618 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 09:56 AM

As you already know, slow and steady wins the race.

Very true thanks Hat. The ex introduced her new bf to my kids yesterday. Been feeling pretty down about my self and my life I know that part of this sadness is the drop and my body adjusting and part of it is this dramatic shift in my reality. I need to learn to cope and move forward I prayed today as I realized that a lot of the negative thoughts are from Satan I believe in things like that I believe Satan wants me miserable. 

#2619 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 July 2023 - 04:27 PM

lol  

Satan wants ALL of us to be miserable!!  You have got a good handle on your current situation. Feeling good will take time.

#2620 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 July 2023 - 06:50 PM

Very true thanks Hat. The ex introduced her new bf to my kids yesterday. Been feeling pretty down about my self and my life I know that part of this sadness is the drop and my body adjusting and part of it is this dramatic shift in my reality. I need to learn to cope and move forward I prayed today as I realized that a lot of the negative thoughts are from Satan I believe in things like that I believe Satan wants me miserable. 

Inevitable. But you did it - as I knew you would. Bound to make you feel negative as a result - but let the healing of that start. You have a new relationship of your own, you are young, healthy and have wonderful life ethics. There is everything to play for as you go on in your journey =)

#2621 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 06 July 2023 - 09:28 AM

Ok I am about a week or 2 into this first drop and the last few days I have felt queasy and having bowel issues (diarreaha) Is this normal ? when will i know if this is being sick or from the drop. I believe its from the drop as I have no other symptoms. I have a little anxiety 

#2622 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 July 2023 - 04:50 PM

Perfectly normal. Depending on the size of the drop and the person this can last anywhere from 1 to 8 weeks typically.

#2623 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 July 2023 - 05:52 PM

Agreed - within the first couple of weeks, this is something to be expected. Do not try to focus to much on the symptoms. This is just your body adjusting to a new way of going about your way.

This is usually where (uneducated) doctors put patients on another pill because they think they are still suffering from their ailment.

To quote the sage that is our beloved Hat - "time and patience".

#2624 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 07 July 2023 - 01:09 PM

Perfectly normal. Depending on the size of the drop and the person this can last anywhere from 1 to 8 weeks typically.

Agreed - within the first couple of weeks, this is something to be expected. Do not try to focus to much on the symptoms. This is just your body adjusting to a new way of going about your way.

This is usually where (uneducated) doctors put patients on another pill because they think they are still suffering from their ailment.

To quote the sage that is our beloved Hat - "time and patience".

Thank you gentleman this helps tremendously. 

#2625 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 08:46 AM

Actually feeling a bit bettery today the waves and vallyes or whatever I am having so going to just enjoy it. I found that with everything that has happened my mental health issues have definetly gotten to a high point , however because i have been through it I am able to cope a little better although sometimes I cant catch it in time. Not sure where life is going for me lately but trying to just sit in the unknown and ride it out. God has a plan just have to wait and see. Hope you all are well I think I may try to go to 25 mg after a month on 37.5 any thoughts ? 

#2626 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 July 2023 - 02:36 PM

You have got the right attitude AJ. Don't worry about when and how much to drop the next time. Your body will tell you when you are ready. 

Man. I wish i could drop that fast. This really bites!!

#2627 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 July 2023 - 02:37 PM

OK - without a doubt, just stick to the 37,5mg for now. Don't move (up OR down).

You have personal circumstances that are going on. Let them play out for a while before you go any further as your brain is being thrown two different issues to deal with (withdrawal, personal circumstance) and you need to be able to define the difference between the two. 

Time will help you understand which is which. But if you feel good where you are at the moment, I would strongly suggest (and I am sure Hat will agree) that you stay put and see what comes about over the next few weeks.....

Take care my friend

#2628 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 July 2023 - 04:51 PM

Totally agree IUN.

#2629 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 09:26 AM

Totally agree IUN.

OK - without a doubt, just stick to the 37,5mg for now. Don't move (up OR down).

You have personal circumstances that are going on. Let them play out for a while before you go any further as your brain is being thrown two different issues to deal with (withdrawal, personal circumstance) and you need to be able to define the difference between the two. 

Time will help you understand which is which. But if you feel good where you are at the moment, I would strongly suggest (and I am sure Hat will agree) that you stay put and see what comes about over the next few weeks.....

Take care my friend

I think you are both correct had a good day yesterday not so great today so have to keep waiting for my nervous system to balance out. 

#2630 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 11:36 AM

Having a better last few days. Still have some minor issues but all in all doing better. Been attempting to be cordial with the ex wife and that has brought up some feelings but I am trying to just sit with them. what else could I do. The new lady in my life is far less chaotic and impulsive which brings a nice peace to my life. I am thinking if I can get a good solid 2 weeks of no hiccups with the mental and physical health I will try another 12.5 mg drop. 

#2631 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 July 2023 - 03:41 PM

Sounds like you have got things under control. Glad that the new relationship is working well for you - and definately a good idea to give it a clear 2 weeks of limited symptoms to drop any further...

Keep us posted! 

#2632 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 05:23 PM

Sounds like you have got things under control. Glad that the new relationship is working well for you - and definately a good idea to give it a clear 2 weeks of limited symptoms to drop any further...

Keep us posted! 

Thank you brother. I hope you are well and your wife is well too. 

#2633 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 20 July 2023 - 08:08 AM

Dropped to 25 mg as of last night. 

#2634 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 July 2023 - 09:58 AM

Hang in there AJ.

#2635 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 20 July 2023 - 05:14 PM

Hang in there AJ.

Thank you I know with the half life its probably not hitting me yet, however I can feel some slight effect wether its from anxiety or stress I am ok and its manageable. I know that i can do this. The big difference between my coming off this time and other is I am dictating the drops. Usually my dr would give me a taper schedule but this time I am listening to my body and moving when I think I am ready. With this one I think I am going to try and stick it out for 2 months at 25 mg to truly get by brain to stabalize. Prayers are welcomed I am sure I will be back here more often for support. 

#2636 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 July 2023 - 06:29 PM

Usually my dr would give me a taper schedule but this time I am listening to my body and moving when I think I am ready.

Hat... I think this padawan is ready to become a Jedi..... :D :D

#2637 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 July 2023 - 06:53 AM

I fully agree oh great one. may the force be with him.  lol

#2638 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 22 July 2023 - 02:15 PM

I fully agree oh great one. may the force be with him.  lol

Thanks guys truly. So far 2 days in and not seeing to much issue have moments of dizzyness and sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed but not as irritable as i was with the Dr driven taper. Doing my best to get through have found myself pondering death again however I have a new perspective I am going to die we all will. Wether I am out having the best time of my life or using the potty when God decides to bring me home he will. Why not be doing something fun. Trying to embrace that. Still have my moments of self doubt but I am working through them. 

#2639 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 July 2023 - 04:47 PM

Superb AJ... That is how it starts. Live in the moment - you have been through your past and it is time to leave those memories behind...

All memory is really a form of regurgitation of undigested experience.

Don't live your life always expecting to get somewhere, when that somewhere is now.

Here, you will find your happiness.

#2640 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 05:16 PM

Kind of weird i am 6 days in and no digestive issues no real anxiety or depression dare I knock on wood with this one ? That being said its not a cake walk I am constantly talking myself down from the anxiety and doing what I can for my depression , however again its not unmanageable. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users