#2641 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 July 2023 - 05:43 AM

That is a good sign as long as the anxiety doesn't get worse. Your body will adapt. You are a strong man AJ.

#2642 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 04:36 PM

Its been 12 days since my last drop. I dont really feel much different. There has been some up tick in intrusive thoughts and some physical issues but all in all i have been tolerating it ok. 

#2643 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 August 2023 - 07:38 AM

Man, you are doing great AJ. I would give it a little more time and then make another drop if you still feel pretty good.

#2644 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 08:14 AM

Man, you are doing great AJ. I would give it a little more time and then make another drop if you still feel pretty good.

That is the plan for this one I wanna try and have a month of stability 

#2645 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 07 August 2023 - 09:40 AM

Lets talk about SSRI discontinuation and gut issues. I have only been experiencing not digesting my food in a timely manner as I did before I am about 3 weeks into my drop from 37.5 to 25 any idea on how long this could last any advice on what I can do. I feel bloated all the time and having trouble actually going if that makes sense but dont feel constipated. Is this a effect of the withdrawl ?

#2646 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 August 2023 - 04:46 PM

Totally withdrawal. Been there every time I make a couple drops. It really sucks. Once I get an episode it lasts 4 to 8 weeks typically. If it is accompanied by diarrhea I usually have good luck with a little Imodium otherwise I use a little pepto but not too much as it can cause constipation.

#2647 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 07 August 2023 - 04:54 PM

Totally withdrawal. Been there every time I make a couple drops. It really sucks. Once I get an episode it lasts 4 to 8 weeks typically. If it is accompanied by diarrhea I usually have good luck with a little Imodium otherwise I use a little pepto but not too much as it can cause constipation.

Awesome thank you the reassurance is what I was looking for I feel this time the drop is going well i ve been able to mentally handle it. I will try some imodium and see if that helps what about adding that fiber stuff ?

#2648 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 August 2023 - 07:22 AM

For guys you should have around 30 grams a day of fiber. If stools are loose I would suggest soluble fiber and if constipated then insoluble fiber although that seems to vary from person to person. With the Imodium I would suggest starting with around 1/4 of a tablet as too much can cause constipstion.

#2649 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 August 2023 - 06:25 PM

This topic is a load of s**t :)

Sorry - it was asking for it!!

But AJ, just to let you know I too had the same symptoms when I was switching - Cymbalta was by far the worst. But then again, after around 5 weeks of taking it, I just had explosive bathroom episodes daily - just one of the reasons I had to stop. Only got worse until it was completely out of my system, but I have a very sensitive GI system...

You are doing well brother - keep on going...

#2650 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 August 2023 - 09:29 AM

This topic is a load of s**t :)

Sorry - it was asking for it!!

But AJ, just to let you know I too had the same symptoms when I was switching - Cymbalta was by far the worst. But then again, after around 5 weeks of taking it, I just had explosive bathroom episodes daily - just one of the reasons I had to stop. Only got worse until it was completely out of my system, but I have a very sensitive GI system...

You are doing well brother - keep on going...

yeah for me i just feel bloated alot and not really hungry i am 3 weeks into this drop 

#2651 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 09 August 2023 - 11:15 AM

All very familiar - but shouldn't be too long now.

Just shows you what these things can do, but with over 70% of people waking up to popping pills around the world, 1 in 3 in the US on some form of psychotropic drug...  we are never alone....

#2652 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 August 2023 - 08:57 AM

All very familiar - but shouldn't be too long now.

Just shows you what these things can do, but with over 70% of people waking up to popping pills around the world, 1 in 3 in the US on some form of psychotropic drug...  we are never alone....

For guys you should have around 30 grams a day of fiber. If stools are loose I would suggest soluble fiber and if constipated then insoluble fiber although that seems to vary from person to person. With the Imodium I would suggest starting with around 1/4 of a tablet as too much can cause constipstion.

Thanks gentelman defiently sitll feeling ups and downs but hanging in there today is a low day just feeling depressed a bit. Started takinga  bcomplex 3 times a week have heard it can help with rebuilding your dna while going through withdrawl we will see how it helps. 

#2653 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 August 2023 - 06:43 AM

Overdoses of vitamin b6 are common. It has a half-lige of 28 days so it buiulds-up in the body quickly. RDA is 1.5 to 2 mg/day. My wife took only 5 mg/day and suffered from B6 toxicity after a few months. With the long half-life it took her forever to recover.

#2654 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 12 August 2023 - 10:50 AM

Overdoses of vitamin b6 are common. It has a half-lige of 28 days so it buiulds-up in the body quickly. RDA is 1.5 to 2 mg/day. My wife took only 5 mg/day and suffered from B6 toxicity after a few months. With the long half-life it took her forever to recover.

Would you suggest a regimen of maybe doing 2 times a week every 2 weeks possibly ?

#2655 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 August 2023 - 07:43 AM

It really depends on the level of B6 in the product you are taking. If you can let me know the concentration of B6 or the name of the product I can look into it.

#2656 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 14 August 2023 - 10:53 AM

It really depends on the level of B6 in the product you are taking. If you can let me know the concentration of B6 or the name of the product I can look into it.

OK its nordic naturals vitamin b complex 

#2657 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 August 2023 - 07:40 AM

I am sorry to say this but that is huge doses of B vitamins and personally I would consider this product borderline dangerous but that is just my opinion. I would say one of these capsules every 3 weeks would be enough but would strongly suggest you try and find something with a lower dosage of the vitamins. 

P.S. Sorry it took so long to respond.

#2658 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 15 August 2023 - 09:20 AM

I am sorry to say this but that is huge doses of B vitamins and personally I would consider this product borderline dangerous but that is just my opinion. I would say one of these capsules every 3 weeks would be enough but would strongly suggest you try and find something with a lower dosage of the vitamins. 

P.S. Sorry it took so long to respond.

thank you for the insight and totally good knowledge I will toss them. I dont think I really need them anyways or any vitamins for that matter since all of my blood work had always checked out just fine when it came for testing to see if I am low in anything. Thanks Hat you are as always a wealth of good knowledge and a life saver 

#2659 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 01:29 PM

Next supplament i  am thinking of trying is curcumin 1000 mg i have heard some pretty amazing things about this 

#2660 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 August 2023 - 07:28 AM

Curcumin has some very good benefits to it. The only thing bad about it is that it can cause a very upset stomach in many people. The standard dosage is 500 mg twice a day. i would suggest you start with small doses, say 50 to 100 mg and work up slowly as this will give your stomach a chance to get use to it. The most common side effects I have heard of is the gastric issues and being a blood thinner. You might want to give a quick read to this site...

Curcumin Side Effects & Adverse Reactions (List) - Mental Health Daily

There is also a few studies out there that indicate that when curcumin is taken with an antidepressant it can make the blood thinner effect worse.

#2661 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 11:27 AM

Curcumin has some very good benefits to it. The only thing bad about it is that it can cause a very upset stomach in many people. The standard dosage is 500 mg twice a day. i would suggest you start with small doses, say 50 to 100 mg and work up slowly as this will give your stomach a chance to get use to it. The most common side effects I have heard of is the gastric issues and being a blood thinner. You might want to give a quick read to this site...

Curcumin Side Effects & Adverse Reactions (List) - Mental Health Daily

There is also a few studies out there that indicate that when curcumin is taken with an antidepressant it can make the blood thinner effect worse.

The pill comes in a capsule of 1000mg so i dont know how i could reduce the dose. I think i will take it and see how it affects me and go from there. Thank you so much for sending the info

thank you 

#2662 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 23 August 2023 - 09:23 AM

Noticed was getting a lot more acid reflux so i had to discontinue. was having way to much caffeine last week also so that really set me back a bit but doing better this week feel like i am going through peaks and valleys but doing ok. not ready to drop again anytime soon but stabalizing at 25 mg and functioning. Life is going ok sometimes good sometimes bad but I am attempting to just accept what comes and make the best of it if I can 

#2663 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 August 2023 - 07:09 AM

Yea, the curcumin can be hard on the stomach. You are doing well AJ. Just hang in there.

#2664 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 08:50 AM

I have definetly felt more anxiety lately I am not sure if its the withdrawl still or a return of previous issues. I have been under some stress lately between my new gf and ex wife its like they are tearing me in two. I also have had some workplace stress all of it is creating some existenial dread in me as well all of this has still been managable so far 

#2665 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 01 September 2023 - 11:33 AM

For reference i am 6 weeks since my drop from 37.5 to 25 

#2666 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 September 2023 - 07:27 AM

That is a big drop so 6 weeks is understandable. 

#2667 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 02 September 2023 - 10:25 AM

That is a big drop so 6 weeks is understandable. 

good to know thats my struggle which is what i hear all the time is it relapse or is it withdrawal. it would make sense its withdrawal still. 

#2668 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 September 2023 - 04:51 PM

Sorry for my delay in keeping up to date here - but what Hat has said is right on the money. So many people just go overboard with vitamin B "super-strength".

Which there is some B vitamins that are very difficult to overdose on as they are soluble into the body (such as B12), but B6 in larger doses over the RDA, can cause a number of symptoms.

Such a common thing as people think more is better, but it is simply NOT true.

Aside from anything, one must get a blood test to ascertain what you are low in, rather than trusting symptoms of the body as lack of energy and muscle weakness (a possible issue of low B6, could also be so many other things! You need to get the right tests done otherwise you can very well mess your system up further!!

#2669 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 September 2023 - 07:13 AM

"Aside from anything, one must get a blood test to ascertain what you are low in, rather than trusting symptoms of the body as lack of energy and muscle weakness (a possible issue of low B6, could also be so many other things! You need to get the right tests done otherwise you can very well mess your system up further!!"

So so so accurate. I wish everyone realized that!!!

#2670 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 08 September 2023 - 12:05 PM

lots of ups and downs one thing i have noticed the last few weeks is more body aches that i pay attention too. Like cramping in my stomach now and then and shooting pains in my chest every once in awhile and stuff like that. I believe its just a side effect to the anxiety now that im not on a therapeutic dose of medicine , but my mind goes to the what ifs. Working on getting through that. have a appoinment with my gp at the end of the month and will evaluate if I want to go down to 12.5 or not. I am considering going back up and just staying on meds also, but I feel like I would be giving up so easily if i did especially since I am doing Ok not perfect not great but Ok so far. Life is weird. I was watching facebook reels the other night and came across Aron Ra famous douchebag internet athiest ant theist I should say and he was mocking Jesus well he thinks he wasnt real and God. it triggered the what if God issues in my mind and been trying to quell those question to which I feel I have suffiecient evidence to belive what I believe. Still it got stuck and affected my night. Anyways I hope this finds you all well God bless. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users