2761 replies to this topic

#691 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:47 PM

Woh - big difference between those two mate. But if this is where you can let your emotions out, then all the better.

Sure it is a withdrawal site, but withdrawal brings up all sorts of emotions and circumstances, so please do not worry.

#692 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 04:52 AM

IVUN is so right Axle. I went to my Dr's this week to discuss cross tapering, as I've been feeling anxious on & off and dizzy. I ended up seeing a locum who outright said that until I was completely off the medication, I would not feel any withdrawal. That I have Vertigo & nothing to do with the meds. I explained I somethings can't get my words out or remember names recently & his reply was "If you think you're having a stroke, you need to call the emergency service's'. What a dickhead! He then took my blood pressure which was very high & I replied ' that's because I am so annoyed that I have taken time out of work to see a Dr & have gotten you. Please be aware that I will be putting in a complaint on my way out'.

I then got to see the head pharmacist as a result of my complaint who was more open minded.

If the Celexa worked for you, it is the obvious choice to me. But do it fast. I have been on this stuff for 5 & half years & so far cannot get off!

Once you have more strength emotionally, you can then take charge of the situation with your wife a little more. Like I would be saying to her 'Do you want to try to work on things or not!?'. If she does, do your research & find a good counsellor. But she can't just throw in the towel at the first hurdle. Counselling can be hard & you have to listen to things you don't want to hear sometimes. But that is the point. To get both sides across & then compromise.

Either way, I wish you all the best of luck Axle.

#693 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:57 AM

Hmmm - are you by any chance in the UK Noush?? :)

Really feeling for you Noush. But I am obviously biased being on day 2 of no duloxetine/cymbalta and wouldn't want to put anyone thru this...

"Once you have more strength emotionally, you can then take charge of the situation with your wife a little more."

Absolutely. And your wife needs to understand that it is give and take. Just as Noush says - find a good councellor - so important. The first session with the right person could swing things in favour of staying together. Sometimes all it needs is perspective from someone who does not know you. People tend to listen more when the person speaking to you is impartial.

#694 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:41 AM

I certainly am IVUN. I think you commented on my thread a week or so ago '2 failed tapers'. I'm in Yorkshire.

#695 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:03 AM

AxleJames,

Hello! My first thought is for you to set a date. By that date, if you're not feeling any better, make an appointment with your doctor to discuss changing back to Celexa.
Understand that you will need to bead count the duloxetine as you go down. And upper the Celexa at the same time.

Don't go with their information on tapering Cymbalta. We will do that for you.

Setting a date is the best thing I could come up with, this is not to stress you, or hurry you. Who knows, maybe you will be better as time goes on. You had a pretty good moment yesterday when you felt that you could deal with it. You like coffee, drink decaf!

#696 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:05 AM

Ah yes - I remember now.

I knew you by name, but with so many replies, I cannot always recall locations, but your part about the health service obviously jogged my memory!!

Stroke... honestly!!!

I had a confirmation letter from the first doctor I saw, detailing what he "observed". This says it all. They just don't listen.

#697 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:09 AM

Gail is absolutely right. For the love of God, let us get you off the pills - don't listen to the doctor.

You would do well to read my thread if you haven't done already. It documents the last 10 weeks of my withdrawal from Cymbalta (Duloxetine) over to Celexa (Citalopram). Loads of good info in there - full of 'Hats wisdom and Gail's love :)

https://www.cymbalta...ea-where-to-go/

#698 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:20 AM

I haven't had to get involved/use our health service much in my life until getting Postnatal Depression 7 years ago & since then I have lost all faith! Just one let down after another. How can our GP's be so clueless about Mentall Health when they are our first line of contact.

#699 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:41 AM

I thought the GP had some explaining to do until I started seeing the community mental health.

However, since I have been moved over to the "crisis" team (really don't like the name), these guys have been really good. Very glad that I am being treated the same as all others despite being in the grips of withdrawal.

But the hurdles I had to jump through to get where I am was unbelievable. Caused SO much stress. Just like I had to go through the storm to get to the eye. It shouldn't be this bad.

I feel our mutual friend Axle here is going through the exact same. It just shouldn't happen. We're here for you Axle!!!

#700 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:59 AM

Was hoping for more insight today but none has come I am tired as usual even tho I slept for 6 or 7 hours has anyone e experienced not dreaming or at least not remembering dreams on just needing help right now

#701 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

We certainly are Axle. I think you have to have experienced Depression/Anxiety to truly understand it & experienced taking Cymbalta to understand how hard it is to get off!

#702 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:07 PM

I am the opposite Axle. With withdrawal I get really weird dreams & bizzare thoughts pop into my head...they in turn cause me to feel anxious.x

#703 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:13 PM

I just want normalcy because if all this I have started to doubt the existence of my God of the after life after last night I discovered its source loss I'm losing my wife and so much more so I question and doubt because how could this happen to me I'm scared there is nothing and I'm all alone and that God if he is there doesnt care to help

#704 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:24 PM

AxleJames,

Do you realize that thousands and thousands of people are in the same spot as you?

Doubting everything, about God, about so many things. Try to remember if you felt that way on Celexa. No? Then you have proof that's it's your brain that is lying to you. Your brain is under fire, how can it produce clear thinking?

I understand that you want normalcy in your life, in your brain. After reading some of your posts, I saw that you had clear moments, it begins there. A bit of light here and there.

AxleJames, have you bought your notebook to relate those small moments?

And realize that with the wife's situation, it's harder to find the light.

Have you received the book? Love, Gail

#705 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:44 PM

So so insightful Gail I guess I didn't consider the fact that when I was on the correct meds I just knew the existence come Monday I'm gonna talk to my dr about getting switched back as for my wife when i did have some clarity last night i told her I'm done fighting and trying and hoping in her instead i will put my hope in God I read today how Solomon one of the greatest men in the bible who was blessed with so much knowledge had this to say about trying to find "all the answers " it will drive you mad and in the end it all ends the same no matter how smart or dumb we are it's all the same no point to dwell so my sick brain does dwell but Gail your right it's just that a broken brain

#706 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:08 PM

Such a clear and wonderful post AxleJames!

I am glad that God finally got in to you. Broken brains is right.

And I'm proud of you the way that you interacted with your wife. Shows clarity once more, bravo to that! You are on the right path, Love, Gail

Don't forget, when you see your doctor to speak to him as you do us. So great, so great AJ.
You are coming along just fine!

#707 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:23 PM

spoken like a true prodigy 

Good man, Axle

#708 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:32 PM

Now I just need to make the leap and absorb and believe it love you all

#709 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:55 PM

What's some good ways to deal with anxiety in the mean time this uneasy feeling is not good any advice things you wonderful people do

#710 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 November 2018 - 03:30 PM

Reach for Claire Weekes!!

Reading what she has to say will really speak to you. 

#711 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 03:35 PM

I couldn't afford to buy the book unfortunately

#712 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

Check your messages....

#713 juli

juli

Good Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:53 PM

Hi Axle.  So happy that you have decided to go back on the Celexa. I bet you will feel much better.  I know that for myself I need to be on the meds.  It keeps my brain happy and my life under control.  Thinking of you and hoping your appt with the doc goes well.

#714 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:56 PM

Iun that book is powerful and makes so much sense of what I. Going through right now my tired mind has created my crazy nerves which makes me over think and obsess and I need to let go

#715 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:39 AM

I'm really glad you have started reading it. It has helped a lot of people to make sense of things...

#716 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:30 AM

Ah! Scrat, you are the most thoughtful squirrel that I have met. I'm so proud of taking care of your Acorn while you go here and there spending some time helping others. Lovage.

AxleJames, I'm happy that you can find comfort with that book. You'll make it!

#717 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:22 AM

So that book helped tremendously it makes sense let the thoughts come and then just keep living life and then anxiety loses its power it will take time days of ups and downs but no time limit just keep living that being said I would like if we all can continue this journey together even when we start feeling better if you have the time to drop a line here and there I would love that this has been one of the hardest times in my adult life and i was in Iraq even when i came home and had to adjust it was not this bad and all of you have been a tremendous blessing from God he has used all of you in such a way I cant begin to understand but I just want to make sure that we keep in touch I dont know if there will come a time when I'll be able to help any of you but know that I check this every day I can and will respond with what I can I love all of you from the bottom of my heart I am so blessed to have found you and I will do what I can to bless you I know this road isn't over for me and it will take time I see that now and in the future transitioning to celexa hopefully or even possibly being off meds in any case I will lean on you and you can lean on me once again thank you all

#718 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:49 AM

So proud of you mate. You have really understood the concept.

The way others teach to loose the grip of anxiety by distraction techniques does not work. You only increase the fear of them. Yes - you need to let them come because that is what your brain wants to do at the moment. You will reach that point when the symptoms just no longer matter. 

This is how it works when our brains are normal, and that is what you need to keep practising.

You words are just lovely Axle. I'm happy to be able to help - truly I am. And please don't forget that you are also helping us. I am in the same place as you at the moment as seeing the improvements here and there help me too. 

Keep going with the book and please share thoughts and ask any questions.

Love you man.

#719 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:18 AM

Thank you AxleJames for your beautiful post. Love, Gail

#720 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:00 PM

I've been trying to practice this today instead of my normal reaction when a obsessive thought comes in or a negative thought I just tell myself ok go ahead and think that but I'm gonna be over here still doing life its helped here and there the physical symptoms of a tired nervous system are here still but that's just it it's a tired over worked system one day of doing this isn't going to be perfect but there were some real good clear moments today and my wife and I seem to even be reconsiling I just keep telling her that my hope is in God and if she chooses to want to work on this I'm right here but for now I need to get my brain on straight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)