2761 replies to this topic

#1111 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:42 AM

Most likely nerves. The brain activates nerves by sending out electric impulses and these can be felt in muscle twitches (can lead to cramp), and when they are heightened, like mine, you can feel the passing of them like electricity jolts through the body. It is very unsettling, but very common among anxiety sufferers.

#1112 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:28 PM

Another weird thing is I get these feelings like electricity going through my muscles sometimes

Typical withdrawal symptom. I had a lot of that.

#1113 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:40 PM

So the last few days I've been extremely lethargic just wore down all the time and I'm not sure why could the cymbalta be the cause I got my cbd oil today and took my first dose its 500mg 21 drops or half the dropper I just want to relax but cant seem to there in any case any advice would be welcome as usual

#1114 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:28 AM

You are up, you are down, you have anxiety, you don't have anxiety, you are nervous, you are fatigued...it is all part of the withdrawal. Just wait it out and try not to think about it too much (which is impossible, lol)

#1115 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:58 AM

This may seem like a stupid question we know caffeine is not good in this period but what about sugar and over eating is it possible this is contributing to my already high anxiety and maybe this was dumb but I decided to have 1 beer with a friend last night I dont feel horrible today but not good either i have been now over concerned with the liver problems they say cymbalta can have on you is it possible on this dose I shouldn't have to worry

#1116 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:37 AM

There is a list of stimulants to avoid in Summary of Cymbalta Withdrawal. This includes sugar and salt. It doesn't mean you have to give them up but keep it within reason. A dozen glazed doughnuts is a no-no.

#1117 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:47 AM

AxleJames,

Concerning you oil, have you found that it helped?

#1118 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:18 AM

Not sure just got it yesterday as far as the oil goes yeah I think I've been getting way to much sugar and salt why salt tho

#1119 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:55 PM

Salt is a nerve stimulant. Have you ever accident tally dropped some salt in a scratch or abrasion. It hurts like ^*#$%@.

#1120 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:09 PM

I'm depressed I see it again I've lost all meaning in my life and so I have been trying to nurture my soul but now everytime I even try to read Gods word I second guess myself because of all the scientific stuff I've been reading so I start to over think these intrusive thoughts and I go back to science and religous science to re assure myself and by the time I'm there my anxiety is through the roof at the core I'm sad I'm depressed and just trying to find meaning I dont kniw what to do recognizing this cycle is great and all but I dont know if I have the knowledge or strength to fix it please any advice as usual is welcome

#1121 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:52 PM

I wish I had an answer for you Axle. But overthinking is the crucial element to avoid here. I have got myself in a right state over the last 24 hours, but won't go into the details. 

The more I try to find answers at the moment, the worse I become because I set myself up for failure. I just keep telling myself that my body has been through Cymbalta, Celexa, Valium, CBD and now Lexapro - all in the space of a month. What do I expect? The answer I want is right there and I need to accept what is currently happening to me. 

I am looking for an answer that will bring me more comfort, just like you are, But acceptance is sometimes the only answer you will get. Unfortunately for me, the answer was not a nice one, and it was staring me in the face the whole time. I am looking at my browser, and other than the forum, I have 9 other tabs open, all about drugs. 

It won't help, but I know I eagerly hope an answer will be there. It's almost an addiction. 

In fact, the more we think about it, there are a lot of the hallmarks of an addiction. 

#1122 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:27 PM

I read somewhere that we become junkies for reassurance we need to get that fix and the more we feed it the worse it gets it's a nightmare I just wish I knew how to get off this hamster wheel and get on with life I feel like it wont ever happen

#1123 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:56 AM

Anxious this morning did not sleep well at all I used to drink caffeine to wake me up but have to steer clear of that I feel my life is so so complicated where faith and hope once was seems a desolate land I'm exhausted all the time and I put on a happy face and pretend but at the end of the day I'm so depressed and anxious I don't know how to function anymore

#1124 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:18 AM

AxleJames,

Decaf is great. All along my withdrawal, I drank that.

Given my anxiety issues, I still drink that.

Has your wife left home?

Scrat, now you got my attention. In the right place!!! I'd love to hear about it. And lastly, you are both looking for answers, but answers to what questions? Being nosy, well, curious is better. Will pm you shortly.

#1125 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:50 AM

I have a lot of doubt lately about everything but mostly about God and the afterlife science has really sunk its teeth in me and I wont lie I'm scared now it's as if someone or something has sucked the very breath out of me like my soul has been beaten and crushed

#1126 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

Axle. Can I ask you something without intending to offend you in anyway. If God does not exist. If there is no 'Greater Power', what in your life will change? Apart from maybe not visiting church. What is it that is concerning you?

#1127 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:56 PM

Not wanting to answer on Axle's behalf - but to have put your trust and faith in something for it then to be lost can be damaging. Like finding out your mom isn't your real mom or something.

However....

This is different insomuch that it is not based on sound reasoning. It is Axle's perspective on the whole thing. His recent circumstances have no doubt led him to that way of thinking, just like I am having my own difficulties for not seeing anything positive for some time. I am putting faith in the knowledge that I have been through far too much recently and should be giving myself a break.

Axle, I really think you need to consider giving this a break too. It will consume you. 

#1128 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:08 PM

Noush as iun said it is devastating I have lived with a certain world view it was how I understood the world up until recently I never looked into the big bang theory or evolution or consciousness I was happily content in my life now it's just flooding in and it's just to much for me i know God is real i know there is a creator my problem comes from feelings and for me it would change my life a lot for the worse in my opinion anyways your right iun. I need to steer clear until I can make better judgements

#1129 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:24 PM

"I need to steer clear until I can make better judgements"

Absolutely.

Whenever I have my own doubts about the afterlife, I remind myself of the first story in the book we spoke about some time ago - The Children that Time Forgot. You know the story where there were a row of 4 grey houses and the little girl found them with her mom, remembered the field, the names, her father job. 

Mate, this is the closest we have to a fact in scientific terms. Kids don't make stuff up at that age. I've even been with my friend when her child was on a bridge where we walked. He was 3 at the time, and had never been to that part of the country and he said he had been to the bridge before and starting saying stuff that he had done. It is truly amazing. 

I just wonder what on earth I did in a previous life to have the sort of karma I am currently going thru!!

#1130 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:39 PM

I hear ya brother I've been tracking my brain on where I went wrong

#1131 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:52 PM

We're not going to have an answer while we are treading the soil of the earth, but we just need to remember that we are in this for a reason. 

As I have said before, some we won't see until we come out of our current states, some we will, whilst other reasons won't be known until we pass over. 

#1132 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:54 PM

That's is beautiful iun I watched the lor trilogy this past weekend was thinking of you brother

#1133 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:26 PM

I had all of these doubts and feelings when having to watch my husband suffer horrific Epileptic Seizures for years & go in & out if hospital, then struggle to conceive & then suffer from Severe Postnatal Depression (which robbed me of enjoying my son's first two years). I also in this time lost quite a few family members & over thought whether I would ever meet them again on the other side. The more I thought about this, the more anxious I became. The more anxious I became, the more depressed I felt. After attending CBT & realising that I needed to believe in fate & destiny & me & not worry about whether something exists that I will not know the answer to until I die, I started to feel much better & live in the present. My sister then got me interested in Buddist beliefs, which whether you believe in the Lord or not, make so much sense. People often lean on religion in times of need, but if you can't because it is causing you anxiety, let yourself be neither a believer or non-believer for a while & focus your energy on something else. You'll find your way to what you want to put your faith in, just try to let it happen natural, don't force it Axle. It doesn't always have to be All or Nothing.

#1134 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:27 PM

What a wonderful way to spend the weekend!!

Watching the trilogy I mean, not necessarily thinking of me! :)

#1135 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:35 PM

Noush - they are some pretty damn fine words I have just read in your reply. 

I don't have a come back as it simply doesn't need one, other than I can condone the reading into other religions as it does help us establish our pathway. I have read everything from Aethiesm to Christianity, Buddhism to Witchcraft. No-one can tell me that my faith is not well founded. I feel strong that I have answers to anyone that tries to shake my belief system.

#1136 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:52 PM

There's a good book that I would recommend you reading Axle called Battle Scars by Jason Fox. Definitely worth a read & nothing to do with religion.

#1137 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:07 PM

All wonderful wonderful help thank you I am going to try and shift my focus I dont know where yet but I'm gonna try maybe I'll get another tatoo lol

#1138 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:19 PM

Think that one over carefully....!!

Says he who got his first tattoo the first week he broke up from his previous partner :D

But I don't regret it of course!!

#1139 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:23 PM

I was thinking of finishing my sleeves

#1140 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:05 AM

Still anxious today I tried working out last night hoping it would help calm me and help me sleep didnt help but I think ill try again I just cant seem to relax I dont understand why I do all the things I think would help but not anything helping yesterday you all really helped me a lot I need to just put my thoughts and doubts on a shelf for now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users