2764 replies to this topic

#181 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 01:49 PM

So reading up on Adderral withdrawls says it can cause a bunch of physical issues if I was going to have them would I already had them I've been off of my adderral since the end of July

#182 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 October 2018 - 02:49 PM

Sorry - can't contribute much to this thread at the moment as you are talking about meds of which I have no knowledge.

But just to say all the best for your new job - hope it is going well

#183 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 04:29 PM

Iun it's ok just grasping at straws was a rough day and hoping that all that I am experiencing is withdrawls because then at the end eventually it should go away

#184 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:37 PM

my thoughts exactly. 

The way I measure depression or anxiety is whether it is "just there" or whether it is as a result of your thinking. My anxiety is "just there". I am not having any negative thoughts, but the physical symptoms are there. I am worried something bad will happen any moment, tight chest, reactions to noises etc. 

The problem is that our thoughts do not cause any problems by themselves, it is the physical manifestations. If our bodies didn't react, we would just forget the thoughts. This is how "normal" people reaction in such situations. So the fact that I have the physical symptoms and not the thoughts tells me that it is the withdrawal. My brain is being made to give me these physical symptoms - it is not my doing.

Does that make sense?

#185 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

That makes lots of sense I'm anxious but dont know why equals withdrawls which means eventually I could get better

#186 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:52 PM

"I'm on lamotragine too but off celexa and adderall and on 30mg cymbalta could I still be in withdrawl from adderall too"

"Maybe I asked this but is it possible 30mg cymbalta isn't enough to deal with the celexa withdrawls but I could just hold on at 30mg and I eventually will stabilize from the celexa with drawl please help I'd that sounds right"

As I mentioned a couple of days ago you are going through three withdrawals:Cymbalta (60 to 30), Celexa and Adderal. These last two withdrawals can last 6 months to a year EACH. You have a long trip ahead. You are going to have to be very patient. Yes, you will stabilize but it will probably be a long time.

"yes I've been on cymbalta 30 mg about 3 weeks"

It will be another 2 or 3 weeks for it to take full effect.

"How do you deal with stress while being anxious from the withdrawls "

You don't. It will eat you up. You just have to accept that. The trick, although difficult to do, is to stay away from the stress as it makes your withdrawal worse and last longer.

#187 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:54 PM

Have you tried any supplements to try and get help? Has the dr tried hydroxyzine or clonidine to help?

#188 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:58 PM

AxleJames,

Have you thought that perhaps you do need the Adderall to fonction better?

Reading upon stories that people write about it, many seem to no being able to fonction normally if they don't have it?

When is your next doctor appointment?

#189 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:20 PM

Fish thank you and yes I bought some omega last night and thank you for the input I'm sorry if it seems like I ask the same questions a lot as I've stated this is new and scary to deal with I have a dr appt on the 1st and I'm gonna ask if I can go back on my adderall i will stick with my cymbalta 30 mg until i stavalize

#190 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:35 PM

When you say to stay away from stress are we talking like any stress like work, family stuff or like things that will bring on extreme stress

#191 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:12 PM

The thing with stress is to be aware. Take time when making decisions. Consider the impact they could have on you before taking action.

By this I mean, do not agree to help your neighbour move if it occurs in the next couple of weeks. You have just started a new job. This is enough to be dealing with, without taking anything else on. Make sure you have time to take time out. Balance out the stress that you have in your day. Segregate your day into work time, family time... and very importantly YOU time. This can be listening to music, taking a bath, talking to friends on the phone, shopping for something nice.

Some stress occurs whether you like it or not. For example, my power steering hose split on me last weekend. Had to find a second-hand supplier for part, fix it myself - and while I waited for the part to arrive, have to stop every 3-4 miles to top the fluid that was p*ssing out all over the road. This I did whilst studying and working. I couldn't avoid it, but I upped my ME time to try to compensate.

Show yourself compassion. Imagine that you were giving advice to a friend. This friend has just started a new job and they ask you "Hey Axle, Bob has asked me to help him fix his car this weekend - what do you reckon?". You'd say... "Don't be a donut - you have just started a new job. Give yourself a break!".

Be your own friend. This is self-compassion. Do it.... as Gail says... like NOW :)

#192 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 08:05 PM

Thanks Gail and everyone else all of it super helpful I'm gonna take a Epsom bath drink some chamomile tea and rest I think

#193 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 October 2018 - 08:09 PM

Boss plan, dude. You deserve it.

#194 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:11 AM

Woke up jittery this morning again I seem to get dehydrated over night even tho i drink lots of water through out the day

#195 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

I truly am grateful for all of you if it's ok I'm going to continue to post here If it's ok I'd like to lean on all of you as i go through this long process

#196 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:23 AM

We're here for you AxleJames, doctor's appointment on the first of November. Right it all down so not to forget anything. Specially the Adderall.

AxleJames, even though you want to be med free, with your army past and family saga, I believe that you truly need to be on meds. The right one, Adderall is screaming at me here.

Many people need to be on meds for life to have a certain quality of life, nothing to be ashamed and we didn't go to war...many of us here are on meds, for life, some tapering. I've accepted this from my part.

Try to relax with the epson salts, music, ask God to lend you a hand. Cuddle with your dog, drink camomille tea to calm down, add two tylenols. Do your part and God will do his, ok?
Don't forget that God manifests himself through people and circumstances. Love, Gail

#197 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:34 AM

I'm here too for you, but having another rough day. But as you say, it is good to know you are not alone.

My withdrawal is a little better, but after 4 days of it, my thoughts have come back and troubling me now.

I can well understand you wanting to be med free. I'm exactly the same. I am so sick of the withdrawal setting off an inevitable chain reaction of low mood. We just do not have control over it. Seems illogical to keep taking the drugs that are doing this to us, but going slow is what is best. I have real trouble accepting this. Part of me is saying, just get it over with. Stop that last 10mg now, deal with the effects and get on. But those effects have the potential to mess me up for a long time, and worse than I have been to date. 

It is the better of two evils. Neither path will be easy. Short and painful, or long and drawn out. 

#198 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:50 AM

Thank you I feel foggy today this is so difficult I'm sitting here in church and just cant grasp anything and I feel so guilty I dont feel real today and in anxious and stressed because of it

#199 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:51 PM

Iun hit it on the head even if I get back on my adderall wont some day I have to come off possibly idk I'm just spent and scared which sucks because I thought I was stronger than this

#200 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:13 PM

"I thought I was stronger than this"

I remember someone I once knew coming off heroine. The stories that I heard were horrific. The things he couldn't do, the thoughts he was having and what he had to endure. I remember thinking just how painful it was to just know of what he was going through.

Let that sink in for a minute....

Those who have stopped heroine have found it easier than coming off Cymbalta. Fact.

Now who's the strong one?

#201 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 03:33 PM

Yikes that is scary

#202 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:31 PM

Your dr dumped you in a bad spot Axeljames. I think getting back on the Adderall is a good idea. Once you deal with the rest of your issues then you can worry about that.

#203 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:50 PM

Thank you fish that is what I am gonna try and do pray that it works out

#204 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:23 AM

I hope I dont come off whiny but I literally dont know how I'm supposed to make it through the day some times I'm exhausted didn't sleep good and now have to go work being anxious a d stressed

#205 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:56 AM

same here mate. My withdrawal symptoms are fading, but I am left with horrible depression with a mix of anxiety. 

This is what I hate about withdrawal symptoms. When they stay around for too long, they beat you down. So even when you physically start to feel better, you then get all the psychological crap to deal with.

Really going to struggle today too - you are not alone Axle.

#206 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:13 AM

That stinks bud that's what I'm dealing with to the mental stuff

#207 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:19 AM

Just written a new article about this. Is in the "weening off" section. Might help put things into perspective.

#208 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:08 PM

I have a aquatance trying to sell me supplaments what might help me

#209 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:05 PM

Axeljames

There are so many possible supplements that members have tried that have helped or not worked at all and most have drug interactions. Too much to post here. This information is all in the thread "Summary of Cymbalta Withdrawal" in the Medical Support section. An abbreviated version of the most helpful is in one of the threads and I will try to find it and post a link in a minute.

#210 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:12 PM

It begins with this post.

https://www.cymbalta...aps/#entry76387

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users