2761 replies to this topic

#2371 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 03:13 PM

AJ - I am so sorry for not being here for you for the last few days. My wife has been needing attention around the clock and I am absolutely exhausted.

Getting covid is almost inevitable at the moment - especially as you have a family. I dare not think what it did for your health anxiety as I would be exactly the same. I am so sorry that you had to go through this. But at Hat has said, you really are tough and you have been through much worse. You will come through all this.

It has been a fair few days now, so hopefully you are through the worst of it - keep us posted and of course prayers will continue for you.

I am also sorry to hear about your wife I hope that she is doing better now my friend. And thank you to hat and yourself for being here for me. 

#2372 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 February 2022 - 06:10 PM

Thank you for your concern AJ - the wife is not in a good way I am afraid to report.

Regarding the COVID, it will only become more under control as we get through this. LDN has also just caught it and suffering the same. He won't mind me saying, but it has heightened his anxiety to what with all the other stuff he has to go through with his Lymes and such. You are not alone.

To be honest, I am shocked that I have come through this. Speaking for the stats in the UK, nearly 50% of the population (1 in every 2 people) have had it. 

#2373 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 02 March 2022 - 11:43 AM

Got back from Florida on Saturday. Covid sucked but the anxiety for me was the worst part, however when I got to Florida no body was wearing masks and there where hundreds of thousands of people at the the parks. It was insane , I am glad I got Covid before I went otherwise I would have spend my entire vacation worrying about it. I have been reading a book on ways to combat Health anxiety it is helping a little bit. I hope you are all doing well. 

#2374 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 March 2022 - 07:16 PM

Well done AJ. 

That is a very good way of looking at it. You could have spent the whole vacation worried that you might contract covid. Having had it, you will be immune for some time.

Regardless of this, I am SO bloody proud of you for what you have done. I am not sure that I could have done it. And don't forget there are plenty of people that will admit that they cannot go to these places because of the crowds - and they don't consider themselves mentally ill. 

You have come a long way AJ. Bring on the self compassion my friend.

#2375 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 04 March 2022 - 02:52 PM

Well done AJ. 

That is a very good way of looking at it. You could have spent the whole vacation worried that you might contract covid. Having had it, you will be immune for some time.

Regardless of this, I am SO bloody proud of you for what you have done. I am not sure that I could have done it. And don't forget there are plenty of people that will admit that they cannot go to these places because of the crowds - and they don't consider themselves mentally ill. 

You have come a long way AJ. Bring on the self compassion my friend.

Thank you brother I appreciate it. Yeah I had a couple of episodes when the crowd was to big and my wife let me go back to the hotel to decompress and then come back which was nice. 

#2376 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 March 2022 - 05:38 PM

Great wife you have. That's really good. Proud of you.

#2377 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 March 2022 - 06:37 AM

Great wife you have. That's really good. Proud of you.

What Hat said!!

#2378 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 March 2022 - 10:49 AM

went up to 75 mg on my zoloft to help with intrusive thoughts 

#2379 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 12:33 PM

Day 3 or 4 of going up feeling tired and run down. from sleep problems and 

#2380 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 01:44 PM

I need some advice my wife had covid its been about 2 weeks since shes had it and feels dizzy and shaky, however I think it is caused by anxiety and not from still struggling with Covid she is young and healthy all the symptoms she tells me sounds exactly like anxiety I have told her this but she insists its from covid and continues to try and treat that issue rather than the anxiety I could be wrong and I get that but how can i help her see she may just be having to much anxiety

#2381 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 March 2022 - 08:46 AM

It could be either covid or anxiety related to covid. It may be hard to tell the difference. Some of the latest research indicates that "long" covid (the long-lasting side effects of covid) may be alleviated by taking an antihistamine like Benadryl.  Benadryl can also help with anxiety as well. She might try a couple of weeks using Benadryl. Be sure it is compatible with any other medicine she is taking.

#2382 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 12:15 PM

its been a little over a week since going up to 75 mg zoloft and a week of going up to 10mg adderall. I have been handling it well except my sleep I wake up at 3-4 am and have to force myself back to sleep. otherwise things have stabalized a bit for me. wife has long covid so she has been struggling through that but all in all we are ok Thank God

#2383 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 05:09 PM

MILD BILATERAL LOWER LOBES DEOENDENT ATELECTASIS -- WHAT does this mean ?

#2384 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 March 2022 - 07:40 AM

Dependent Atelectasis is a partial collapse of the lower parts of the lungs. This is often seen in patients that have been lying down an extended period of time such as in a catscan, MRI, during surgery, etc. There are various treatments for this condition depending on the cause. Your doctor will evaluate which treatment is best for you if he/she even thinks treatment is necessary.

#2385 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 March 2022 - 12:23 PM

For those who have used Zoloft did you notice a change in your bowels and sleep as you progressed. When i went from 50 to 75 I have been waking in the middle of the night and its hard to go back to sleep and my bowels have changed (gross) but I am not going as often as normal and the consistency is hard its changed. any advice 

#2386 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 March 2022 - 01:16 PM

Many find this to be common for the first 7 days or so after a change. If it lasts more than 10 days I would see your dr.

#2387 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 March 2022 - 03:11 PM

Many find this to be common for the first 7 days or so after a change. If it lasts more than 10 days I would see your dr.

its been going on since march 10th 

#2388 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 March 2022 - 03:28 PM

MY nurse said it can take a month or more for my body to adjust does that sound right ?

#2389 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 March 2022 - 05:23 PM

In my case was only a few days. My dr told me the 7 day criteria. Is it getting any better?

#2390 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 March 2022 - 12:57 PM

talked to my dr and adjusted back to 50 mg of zoloft and 5 mg of adderall to see if it makes a difference for me

#2391 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 March 2022 - 01:41 PM

I bet that helps but it will take a few days.

#2392 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 March 2022 - 06:05 AM

Hi AJ - apologies for delay - had some very unfortunate circumstances at home relating to the wife, which have in turned caused a small relapse of my own issues. I tell you - I will never get off this damn Citalopram!

I am really glad to read that you stabalised, but equally sorry to hear about the wife. As Hat said, long covid is become more and more prevalent at the moment. LDN has it and is having a nightmare what with his recovery from Lymes amongst other things. It can be really tiring, exhausting and own right debilitating. This is enough for anyone to have anxiety.

Despite living with someone who suffers anxiety, your wife may not be completely familiar with what it is - all you can do is be there for her as best you can. She will come out the other side in due course.

Regarding your own meds, the reduction would have been my suggestion and as Hat said, you will need to give it time to allow the levels to balance out.

Keep in touch dear friend...

#2393 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 29 March 2022 - 11:54 AM

Hi AJ - apologies for delay - had some very unfortunate circumstances at home relating to the wife, which have in turned caused a small relapse of my own issues. I tell you - I will never get off this damn Citalopram!

I am really glad to read that you stabalised, but equally sorry to hear about the wife. As Hat said, long covid is become more and more prevalent at the moment. LDN has it and is having a nightmare what with his recovery from Lymes amongst other things. It can be really tiring, exhausting and own right debilitating. This is enough for anyone to have anxiety.

Despite living with someone who suffers anxiety, your wife may not be completely familiar with what it is - all you can do is be there for her as best you can. She will come out the other side in due course.

Regarding your own meds, the reduction would have been my suggestion and as Hat said, you will need to give it time to allow the levels to balance out.

Keep in touch dear friend...

I hope all is ok with the Wife I am sorry to hear things have not been going well. I have come down a bit and feeling a little off emotions everywhere and just wore out, but doing OK. 

#2394 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 April 2022 - 08:13 AM

Emotions everywhere and worn out - I know exactly how you feel as I am right with you at the moment.

Thank you for your kind words. The issues with my wife are to do with the helps she should be getting for her own mental health. England has to be one of the worst places to get treatment despite it being in the biggest killer between ages of 30-50. Something I feel really upset about.

#2395 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 02 April 2022 - 08:52 AM

Emotions everywhere and worn out - I know exactly how you feel as I am right with you at the moment.

Thank you for your kind words. The issues with my wife are to do with the helps she should be getting for her own mental health. England has to be one of the worst places to get treatment despite it being in the biggest killer between ages of 30-50. Something I feel really upset about.

I have read horror stories of the care you all receive there. I am so sorry that is the way it is I wish and pray they would do more because it is difficult when you dont have the support. I hope it gets better my friend. 

#2396 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 April 2022 - 04:49 PM

Many thanks AJ - it is nothing short of horror. It has gotten to the point that we are taking the health service to court as they simply cannot do their job properly.

They have this system whereby under-qualified nurses see the patients and decide whether or not they should be "moved up" to see the doctors.

I have told them on many occasions - "why would you use unqualified people to diagnose a patient?". For example, you take your car to a garage - you explain the fault to the receptionist - you wouldn't expect them to diagnose it? No. It would go to the relevant mechanic. 

This is no different. These nurses are not trained to recognise the symptoms of such things as personality disorder (which is what my wife has), but yet they still have the last say on whether they should be seen by the very people who can treat them. 

It is all down to money. The wife has been discharged FIVE times and told to "go and get some CBT". All five therapists have sent her right back saying she is far too ill and needs far more intensive treatment, but they keep thinking they know best. 

The mental health service in the UK is nothing short of awful - make no mistake. The privitisation of the NHS can't come around soon enough. 

#2397 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 10 April 2022 - 01:44 PM

what do you guys know about zoloft and trying to lose weight ?

#2398 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 April 2022 - 05:27 PM

There is a lot of research that shows Zoloft interferes with thyroid function by competing for iodine (necessary for thyroid function). As thyroid function decreases one develops hypothyroidism. This causes weight gain and fatigue, especially in the afternoon. This is why most drs recommend a thyroid function test every 6 months when taking Zoloft.

#2399 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 April 2022 - 05:08 PM

Been a crazy few weeks lots of ups and downs. hope all is well with you guys. Going to talk to my dr in may about the weight gain and see what I can do. 

#2400 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 April 2022 - 09:27 AM

Be sure he/she checks your thyroid values.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users